Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 06:57 AM

245 posts, read 585,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
I've seen threads about Fox News being "conservative" vs "Fair and Balanced" But I was wondering if people think MSNBC is as liberal as Fox News is conservative? I personally think so--even aside from Olbermann and Maddow, there seems to be a bias in favor of Obama, like Fox had for Bush. I don't have clips or links, but it's just the impression I have.

So what do you think?

Thanks!

Mackinac
Not really.
MSNBC, like the rest of this country is moderate/centerist.

The politics is this country are now so screwed up that moderates are now as being liberals and most "conservatives" are really reactionaries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2010, 06:59 AM

108 posts, read 99,135 times
[quote=lp459;15130698] Can I get you more coolaid?[/quote]

Can I get you some Black Label or Shlitz Light?

Old 07-21-2010, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
If you look at MSNBC's evening lineup, you will see an extreme left leaning agenda. In fact it's much more than a lean. It's a total push of Progressive one sidedness. MSNBC pushes the Progressive agenda with lockstep loyalism.

5 o'clock - Chris Matthews. A tingle up his leg. Extols the Progressive movement.

6 o'clock - Ed Schulz. Flaming Progressive.

7 o'clock - Chris Matthews again. Still tingling.

8 o'clock - Keith Olbermann. A vile Progressive.

9 o,clock - Rachel Maddow. Flaming Progressive.

Five straight hours of liberal BS every day is more than a "lean".

MSNBC is in the tank for the far left.

It's a good thing that most Americans don't watch MSNBC, because I've given them a chance, and I found out that these commentators are just a bunch of idiots who are more concerned with destroying America than rebuilding it.

Fox has two news shows between 6 and 8 that are non biased.
LOL MSNBC Reflects most Moderate leaning Americans. Most of the Fox morning/afternoon shows are Reality TV with a grain of salt worth of actual news reporting. Mostly sensational hype that is with no facts to back up any of it other then Conservative opinions and I use the term Conservative loosely .. its mostly twisted facts with a small grain of truth.

Ah and by the way Fox is losing thier ratings on a constant downward swing lately. People are finally wakeing up to that disfunctional aka News Service.

Old 07-21-2010, 07:19 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,136,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Take a look for yourself. As you can see, MSNBC is very liberal.

Nice. Facts are facts. I think its obvious to anyone, even libs, that the majority of stories on other networks during the campaign were positive for Obama and negative for McCain.

Old 07-21-2010, 07:23 AM

Something else to consider:

Notice how the media and hollywood ALWAYS take on the likes of Beck and Rush, talking about and airing things they say (often out of context) yet they do no such thing to anyone on the Left. Sure, MSNBC's ratings are horrible because no one watches but still. Olbermann and Shultz say plenty of things that they could be targeted by the media for, but the media doesnt touch them. But they have some sick, twisted infatuation with Beck, Rush, and Palin; bashing them almost daily.

But go on libs, thinking that the majority of media is fair. Youre not only lying to us, but lying to yourselves if you really believe that.

Old 07-21-2010, 07:25 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,826,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
I've seen threads about Fox News being "conservative" vs "Fair and Balanced" But I was wondering if people think MSNBC is as liberal as Fox News is conservative? I personally think so--even aside from Olbermann and Maddow, there seems to be a bias in favor of Obama, like Fox had for Bush. I don't have clips or links, but it's just the impression I have.

So what do you think?

Thanks!

Mackinac
Is the Pope Catholic?

Old 07-21-2010, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by East Coast Dem_PA View Post
LOL MSNBC Reflects most Moderate leaning Americans. Most of the Fox morning/afternoon shows are Reality TV with a grain of salt worth of actual news reporting. Mostly sensational hype that is with no facts to back up any of it other then Conservative opinions and I use the term Conservative loosely .. its mostly twisted facts with a small grain of truth.

Ah and by the way Fox is losing thier ratings on a constant downward swing lately. People are finally wakeing up to that disfunctional aka News Service.
Let me repeat your laughter....LOL LOL LOL but in the sense that you're nuts. How is MSNBC's primetime line up moderate? Have you seen Shultz? Bared to get through Olbermanns heavy/strange breathing for an hour? Moderate? LOL

Old 07-21-2010, 07:31 AM

MSNBC is Moderate for any Liberial .. I guess it more Liberial then some rural gum chewing redneck can handle.

LOL

Old 07-21-2010, 07:43 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,809,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Something else to consider:

Notice how the media and hollywood ALWAYS take on the likes of Beck and Rush, talking about and airing things they say (often out of context) yet they do no such thing to anyone on the Left. Sure, MSNBC's ratings are horrible because no one watches but still. Olbermann and Shultz say plenty of things that they could be targeted by the media for, but the media doesnt touch them. But they have some sick, twisted infatuation with Beck, Rush, and Palin; bashing them almost daily.

But go on libs, thinking that the majority of media is fair. Youre not only lying to us, but lying to yourselves if you really believe that.
The media slams who call it upon themselves. They doesn't slam joe scarborough or gerorge stephanopoulos as though right leaning, they still give fair and journalistic views on the issues. Same as olbermann and shultz on the other side.
People like beck and limbaugh give an insane far right view, made almost entirely of lies they see as the truth, twisting facts, and just outright propaganda.

Old 07-21-2010, 08:01 AM

504 posts, read 456,934 times
Lol MSNBC Liberal----Thats a laffer. MSNBC is corporate media with a touch of democratic party spin. There is and is no such thing as liberal media as Liberal does not jive with predatory capitalism. The right wing mantra is easier to pass off as pro business and all American. True liberalism has the best interests of the collective in mind not the elites, this is easily slandered as being communism or sissified. Big business puts just enough out there on MSNBC to make "some" progressives and some ignorant knuckledragging low information Joe the plumbers think that it is liberal.

If it was liberal Mike Malloy would have his own show or atleast be a common guest.

If it was liberal Thom Hartmann would have his own show or would be a common guest.

If it was liberal Rhandi Rhodes would have her own show or atleast be a common guest.

Please name the Joe Scarborough , Pat Buchanan equivalent on Fox.

MSNBC is corporate media just like Fox. Ment to keep the lowest common denominators at each others throats with talking points and drivel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies