Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 07:15 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,844,914 times

Advertisements

Leave it to a liberal to see blame as one-sided... I however see the blame on BOTH sides but that is irrelevant because they are all essentially one and the same.... oh how the liberals hate that...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2009, 07:17 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,464,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
"we" can jail you? You actually think that you're at all allied with the government?
Yes, I do, but that wasn't the context I was alluding to. More the right of society vigorously to defend itself against wanton lawbreakers.

Quote:
As for "you" disenfranchising me...molon labe...and that's not internet tough guy talk.
So, you're a REAL tough guy, is that it? Well, Mr. Bigshot, that and $3.65 will get you a Venti Caramel Macchiato...

Old 01-28-2009, 07:30 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 22 days ago)

27,632 posts, read 16,115,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Leave it to a liberal to see blame as one-sided... I however see the blame on BOTH sides but that is irrelevant because they are all essentially one and the same.... oh how the liberals hate that...
Average Joe Liberal would never question his party.

Old 01-28-2009, 07:37 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,275,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Yes, I do, but that wasn't the context I was alluding to. More the right of society vigorously to defend itself against wanton lawbreakers.
A shame that you believe these retards in DC high command find the feeling mutual as to your imaginary allegiance. Be that as it may, I am not advocating breaking the law.

Quote:
So, you're a REAL tough guy, is that it? Well, Mr. Bigshot, that and $3.65 will get you a Venti Caramel Macchiato...
http://neatorama.cachefly.net/images/2006-09/latte-french-paid-too-much-coffee.jpg (broken link)

Old 01-28-2009, 07:44 PM

492 posts, read 961,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen
I don't see anything wrong with what you listed. In fact, I do hope the Amtrak thing goes somewhere. Having bullet trains like Japan would be nice.
That's funny....

The Amtrak thing hasn't been going anywhere for forty years other than constantly in debt.

You think you're gonna get bullet trains for a mere billion? More like a bullet up the back side.

Old 01-28-2009, 08:16 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,440,298 times
Problem was, he wanted only to listen and did not want to act on what Republicans said. When he was asked if he would re-structure the package to include more tax cuts, he reportedly responded: "Feel free to whack me over the head because I probably will not compromise on that part."

Anyone know what Democrats voted NO..?

Old 01-28-2009, 08:24 PM

2,265 posts, read 3,731,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkins Well View Post
Did you ever think that the arts create jobs? No, of course not.
There's almost 100 billion going to medicare, cobra, and to feed the hungry. How many jobs will that create?

I'm not saying those things shouldn't be done, they just shouldn't be done in a bill that is supposed to create jobs.

Old 01-28-2009, 08:26 PM

Quote:
A shame that you believe these retards in DC high command find the feeling mutual as to your imaginary allegiance.
I don't know...the people I work with in the Executive and Legislative branches all seem quite pleasant, actually. We work, we chat, we socialize. I don't think I've imagined all that for three decades and change.

Quote:
Be that as it may, I am not advocating breaking the law.
So, not joining in the tax boycott after all, eh....

Old 01-28-2009, 08:27 PM

283 posts, read 597,329 times
Yay! We are going to have 5 dollar an hour jobs to scoop out soup in a soup kitchen. Welcome to Communist Russia.

Old 01-28-2009, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paullySC View Post
There's almost 100 billion going to medicare, cobra, and to feed the hungry. How many jobs will that create? I'm not saying those things shouldn't be done, they just shouldn't be done in a bill that is supposed to create jobs.
Actually, of the array of things that have been talked about, you get the most carry-on bang for your stimulus buck out of Food Stamps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies