Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 03:41 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I'm not defending this mother by any means. But the OP contains a lot of speculation. I don't want to judge her without knowing the true story.
I agree.
It was simply a racist diatribe.
Known issues could have been mentioned without the unfounded and racist angle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2009, 03:43 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,167,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I agree.
agreed.

Old 01-29-2009, 05:04 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,452,545 times
Quote:
you've never heard of all the sextuplets in this country? True, it isn't the outcome fertility clinics want, but if it happens accidentally, the clinic can not force the woman to reduce. Come on.
Multiple births the size of litters do not happen without fertility drugs.

If she conceived 8 naturally, she's the first in the history of MANKIND.

The last one who had 8 was in 1998 in Houston and one baby died.

Old 01-29-2009, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
No, what is beyond disgusting is the blatant racism you display in your post. "Believed to be hispanic" does not mean illegal. Not all hispanics are illegal, in fact, 36% of the state of California is Hispanic. So until you have actual information, please keep your hate speech limited to the Stormfront message board.
Chances are she's Latina. And living in Whittier I'd bet money on it.

And it's not a bigoted comment to say she's Latina - so what if she is!

Bottom line is she could be Martian! Should a female who cannot afford to care for the 6 she has have more so she can collect more public assistance!

Disgusting!

Old 01-29-2009, 05:08 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,827,501 times
Quote:
That may all be true. My point is that it does happen. Ever watch TLC or Discovery? And when it does happen, a clinic cannot force an abortion. There are quints, sextuplets, and septuplets in this country, so, obviously, some clinic some where "allowed" it.
I think people are confusing in-vitro fertilization (IVF) with fertility drugs. With IVF, the clinic implants a few fertilized embryos into the womb. They do not implant six embryos, plus it's an expensive procedure. It's really only apropos in cases where conventional sex isn't producing babies. This mom clearly didn't need or have IVF.

The other much simpler option is fertility drugs. In this case, drugs are taken to stimulate the release of multiple eggs from the ovaries. There could be many eggs released, anything from a few to a dozen. The mom then has conventional sex, and eggs are fertilized. You could have a dozen babies this way. All you need to do is get your hands on some clomid pills, which is probably what happened in this case.

BTW, clomid is also used at the beginning of an IVF cycle to cause the mom to release the eggs which are harvested for the procedure.

Old 01-29-2009, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I agree.
#1. Latino is not a "race".
#2. Hispanic is not a "race".

What are you talking about racist diatribe.

IT is what it IS.

Doesn't change the fact that wrong is wrong even if she's from Jupiter!

Old 01-29-2009, 05:13 PM

Quote:
No, what is beyond disgusting is the blatant racism you display in your post. "Believed to be hispanic" does not mean illegal. Not all hispanics are illegal, in fact, 36% of the state of California is Hispanic. So until you have actual information, please keep your hate speech limited to the Stormfront message board.
Read the news links in the article. One specifically says she "could be hispanic" THEIR WORDS NOT MINE.

And saying someone is Latino, or Hispanic, or illegal - HAS NEVER BEEN HATE SPEECH.

Wrong has never been right. Wrong is always wrong! Don't twist it to suit your agenda!

Old 01-29-2009, 05:22 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,349,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Read the news links in the article. One specifically says she "could be hispanic" THEIR WORDS NOT MINE.

And saying someone is Latino, or Hispanic, or illegal - HAS NEVER BEEN HATE SPEECH.

Wrong has never been right. Wrong is always wrong! Don't twist it to suit your agenda!
No, it was racist to go from a story about a woman giving birth where the only information about the woman was hearsay that said "she might be hispanic" and the OP went on a rant about how she's illegal (it's racist to asusme all Hispanics are illegal, as more than 1/3 people in California is Hispanic) and how she's on welfare. How do you KNOW she's on welfare? How do you KNOW she's Hispanic? How do you KNOW she's illegal? YOU DON'T.

You can't deny the racist undertones of this. I have no agenda, I just thought the title of the thread sounded interesting. I thought the "John and Kate" people had another litter or something. Then I had to read through some racist tirade against hispanics.

And don't give me that "hispanic isn't a race" BS. The people on Stormfront are racists and they hate hispanics for being "unpure", therefore, if you hate all hispanics because you think they are all illegal...you are a racist.

Sorry, but it's true. If you agree with the OP, you are a racist.

Old 01-29-2009, 05:27 PM

Quote:
No, it was racist to go from a story about a woman giving birth where the only information about the woman was hearsay that said "she might be hispanic" and the OP went on a rant about how she's illegal (it's racist to asusme all Hispanics are illegal, as more than 1/3 people in California is Hispanic) and how she's on welfare. How do you KNOW she's on welfare? How do you KNOW she's Hispanic? How do you KNOW she's illegal? YOU DON'T.

You can't deny the racist undertones of this. I have no agenda, I just thought the title of the thread sounded interesting. I thought the "John and Kate" people had another litter or something. Then I had to read through some racist tirade against hispanics.

And don't give me that "hispanic isn't a race" BS. The people on Stormfront are racists and they hate hispanics for being "unpure", therefore, if you hate all hispanics because you think they are all illegal...you are a racist.

Sorry, but it's true. If you agree with the OP, you are a racist.
Obviously you didn't read through this thread and pecked at it to select which bits you chose to digest.

I am the OP of this thread.

Everything is speculation until it's chiseled in stone.

I have a right to think what I want to think just as you have a right to your thoughts.

I still wonder how a woman with 6 children (one previous set of twins), with no job, living at home with her parents, no husband, no medical insurance, on MediCal, gets her fingers on fertility drugs to impregnate herself with 8 fetuses.

Knowing what I know about Whittier she's Latina, or white - LOOK AT THE CITY DATA STATISTICS that's part of what we're here for - statistics.

Take time to actually check out statistics on this site like others do.

A racist comment would be a slur against a particular cultural group, which I haven't typed.

Saying someone is/may be illegal is not a slur. Saying someone may be Latina/hispanic is not a slur.

From the statistics she's likely to be Latina/Hispanic, White, and/or foreign born.

Just check out the statistics below.

//www.city-data.com/city/Whittier-California.html

Races in Whittier:
  • Hispanic (55.9%)
  • White Non-Hispanic (37.6%)
  • Other race (25.8%)
  • Two or more races (5.0%)
  • American Indian (2.1%)
  • Black (1.2%)
  • Filipino (0.8%)
  • Japanese (0.7%)
  • Chinese (0.7%)
She's for damn sure not black or Asian.

I'll eat your sweaty gym socks if she is.

Whittier compared to California state average:
  • Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
  • Hispanic race population percentage significantly above state average.
  • Median age below state average.
  • Foreign-born population percentage above state average.

------------------------

As I said earlier.... IT WILL ALL COME OUT IN THE WASH.

Last edited by LuckyGem; 01-29-2009 at 05:39 PM..

Old 01-29-2009, 05:45 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
luckygem, anything to get people not to see you as spewing racist garbage.

You might want to learn about equal employment law, latina can be considered race in discrimination cases.

Methinks you protest too much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies