Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2009, 10:20 PM

312 posts, read 507,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Ah, more of a 'National Enquirer' girl, are you?

I keed, I keed. Look, there is nothing wrong with escapism. It doesn't mean that one lives a life of 'quiet desperation' (and by using that phrase does lead me to believe that perhaps you are a fan of Lifetime women in jeopardy movies? Not that there is anything wrong with that)
it merely means that sometimes a little brain candy is a good thing. There is a reason that dentist offices are filled with People, Sports Illustrated and Good Housekeeping and not treatise on philosophies or government.
Like everything in life variety can be a good thing. To down on people who enjoy People is pretty mean spirited and pissy. I am sure that even you lidsay_mcfarren-- yes, even you! -- has a dark, dirty literary secret of your own.....could it be Harlequin?
my dark literary secret is reading you guys on city-data lol but I'd read the octoplets story for sure! (only if there are pictures. nothing beats pictures of little babies)
who said it was ivf? I thought she wasn't saying?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2009, 10:49 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,818,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Maybe easily entertained or star struck is more what fits her. Its just not the kind of thing I find entertaining because I don't care for the subject matter.
Wrong on both accounts. It's simply mindless entertainment for when she wants to turn her brain off. Just like reading this forum is for most of us.

Old 02-04-2009, 10:51 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,818,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Maybe easily entertained or star struck is more what fits her. Its just not the kind of thing I find entertaining because I don't care for the subject matter.
Wrong on both accounts. It's simply mindless entertainment for when she wants to turn her brain off. Funny that somebody discussing the "Octuplets Mom" in an internet chat forum would knock somebody else for reading People Magazine.

Old 02-05-2009, 04:30 AM

23,170 posts, read 26,179,590 times
The only thing I am curious enough about to want to learn is........who is the doctor that did this?

Old 02-05-2009, 07:23 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,634,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty McFly Jr View Post
my dark literary secret is reading you guys on city-data lol but I'd read the octoplets story for sure! (only if there are pictures. nothing beats pictures of little babies)
Ha-ha! I am with you on that one!

Old 02-05-2009, 07:57 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,369,438 times
Quote:
my dark literary secret is reading you guys on city-data lol
Mine too I usually get on here when y boyfriend is watching sports. I prop the old laptop up and then we spend quality time on the couch watching whatever's on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Wrong on both accounts. It's simply mindless entertainment for when she wants to turn her brain off. Funny that somebody discussing the "Octuplets Mom" in an internet chat forum would knock somebody else for reading People Magazine.

Old 02-05-2009, 07:58 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,369,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
The only thing I am curious enough about to want to learn is........who is the doctor that did this?
I don't believe the doctor's name has come out yet.

Old 02-05-2009, 08:03 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Why?

You've never seen pictures of babies before???

They're all over the place!...just google "baby pictures" ...and there they are ...for free...no incredibly stupid ""book-with-no-story-but-I-want-to-make-money-by-having-a-litter"" to buy !

Old 02-05-2009, 09:33 AM

1,788 posts, read 4,753,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
LOS ANGELES — The mother of the world's longest-living octuplets is being deluged with offers for book deals, TV shows and other business proposals, but has not decided what she might do other than care for her children, her newly hired spokeswoman said Monday.

Hundreds of requests have been made since Nadya Suleman gave birth to six boys and two girls a week ago, said Joann Killeen, president of Killeen Furtney Group, a public relations company.
"She's the most sought after mom in the world right now," Killeen said. "Everyone wants to talk to her."

National News - Octuplets mom gets TV, book offers to tell story (http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20090202/Octuplets/ - broken link)

Shameful. We should find out which network and which book publisher, and deluge them with emails telling them that they suck for giving this amoral clown car any money.

Old 02-05-2009, 01:03 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,415,942 times
This story is getting worse by the day - it appears octo-vagina has been ripping off California taxpayers since 1999 with her multiple workers' comp claims - well now we know who was footing the bills for her extravagant family planning and her apparent enrollment in a university pursuing her master's in counseling. How does someone who is too disabled to work (picking up WC bennies) get to give birth to 14 children with medical intervention, and also attend university?

This woman has obviously learned how to milk the system. Despicable! I say, if she can't pay her hospital bill or support her kids without government money, she should be forced to adopt them all out to families who have been waiting years to adopt and have the resources to actually care for the kids independently.

Mother of octuplets' previous claims come to light - Los Angeles Times (http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-mew-octuplets4-2009feb04,0,4899190.story - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies