Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 09:57 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,556,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Winchester View Post
So only neo-nazis consider Hispanics to be Nonwhite ?

So I guess the people who started this site must be neo-nazis as well right ?
Welcome to BrownPride Online! | Powered by Digital Aztlan
All this "color" stuff has me pretty baffled, but if it would help, I have a few comments:

I know that "the Blues" were invented by Blacks....

I know a lot of whites live in the "red states"....

I remember when I was in the Navy, and in the tropics we wore "whites", but in cooler climates we wore "blues", which ALMOST looked black...

I know that a lot of blacks live in the "blue states"...

I know that a lot of Hispanics are white, and a lot of whites are Hispanic, but some people are BOTH..and some people are NEITHER...while others are only one, OR the other...

Most of the "green" movement involves whites....

California contains both American Indians and Indian-Americans.....

The Romans invented Latin, but Italians are not "Latinos".....

If a man dresses like a woman, he's a 'transvestite'....but if a woman dresses like a man, she's 'comfortable'.

When you stand up, your "lap" ceases to exist. Sit back down, and you lap returns.

Hope these help with the discussion....(?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2009, 10:21 PM

217 posts, read 513,209 times
Quote:
I know that a lot of Hispanics are white, and a lot of whites are Hispanic, but some people are BOTH..and some people are NEITHER...while others are only one, OR the other...
Does that Hispanic woman look White to you ?

Old 01-30-2009, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Not sure....I could only see about 1/4 of her in the photo....and I didn't get to hear her accent, either. I can't answer this until I know a lot more. Calling somebody "white" is a pretty serious matter, and it's not something that should be done on the 'spur of the moment'.
She MIGHT have some Hispanic DNA, but that could be a false reading. On the OTHER hand, she could be white, but not SEEM to be.

I just don't know; the whole thing is so confusing.

Old 01-30-2009, 11:31 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,319,202 times
Quote:
If by 'White' you mean Italian, Romanian, Iranian, Portugese, then yes.

Old 01-31-2009, 04:48 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,040,852 times
Quote:
So it is politically incorrect to say the Hispanic woman who was labeled as White does not actually look White ?
No it is factually inaccurate based on established Census Bureau classifications. Is this a subtle we need Aryan Nation thread?

Old 01-31-2009, 04:59 AM

Quote:
So only neo-nazis consider Hispanics to be Nonwhite ?

So I guess the people who started this site must be neo-nazis as well right ?
Welcome to BrownPride Online! | Powered by Digital Aztlan
You are confusing emotional arguments with established Census Bureau guidelines. What you are talking about and arguing for is

Aryan - definition of Aryan by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.
Ar·y·an Pronunciation (âr-n, r-)
n.
1. Indo-Iranian. No longer in technical use.
2. A member of the people who spoke the parent language of the Indo-European languages. No longer in technical use.
3. A member of any people speaking an Indo-European language. No longer in technical use.
4. In Nazism and neo-Nazism, a non-Jewish Caucasian, especially one of Nordic type, supposed to be part of a master race.

Aryan Nations - Official Site
Greetings, and welcome to the official Aryan Nations website! We are a worldwide Pan-Aryan crusade dedicated to the preservation and advancement of our Race - Our Race is Our Nation! - Racial Purity is our Nations Security!

Aryan Nations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Is this what you are trying to say? You are not getting a ton of folks jumping in on your side so if this thread is suppose to help the cause, not sure it is working.

Old 01-31-2009, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Yeah but that Hispanic woman is not one of them.
You're an interesting poster, Dean....and each time you post, I can't help but think of my dear departed mother-in-law, who often voiced similar 'thoughts'. She passed away about 15 years ago, (and no, for the record, she was not white, NOR did she look white..she was a California Indian).

I recall one day walking into the house and hearing "Mom" in a conversation with my wife in the next room. "Mom" was busily cooking, and called out to my wife, "I always get a chuckle when white people ask me about how to make tamales. It's so silly....what do white people know about tamales, anyway?"

My wife called back, "I don't know, Mom....maybe they just like YOUR tamales, and want your recipe. By the way, what are you making right now?"

"Spaghetti" came the reply.

I quickly snuck back out the door, as the laughter from the daughters filled the house.

Yes, "Mom" could come up with some real "zingers" on the subject of race...and your posts remind me of her. (She once asked my wife to ask ME 'what time do white people eat dinner ?) She had a MILLION of 'em.

Of course, SHE was very OLD.........

Old 01-31-2009, 12:33 PM

Quote:
You are confusing emotional arguments with established Census Bureau guidelines. What you are talking about and arguing for is

Aryan - definition of Aryan by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.
Ar·y·an Pronunciation (âr-n, r-)
n.
1. Indo-Iranian. No longer in technical use.
2. A member of the people who spoke the parent language of the Indo-European languages. No longer in technical use.
3. A member of any people speaking an Indo-European language. No longer in technical use.
4. In Nazism and neo-Nazism, a non-Jewish Caucasian, especially one of Nordic type, supposed to be part of a master race.

Aryan Nations - Official Site (http://www.aryan-nations.org/index-2.htm - broken link)
Greetings, and welcome to the official Aryan Nations website! We are a worldwide Pan-Aryan crusade dedicated to the preservation and advancement of our Race - Our Race is Our Nation! - Racial Purity is our Nations Security!

Aryan Nations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Is this what you are trying to say? You are not getting a ton of folks jumping in on your side so if this thread is suppose to help the cause, not sure it is working.
Quit dodging my question, are Hispanics who consider themselves to be racially different from White people considered neo-nazis as well ? Or does the term neo-nazi only apply to White people who consider Hispanics to be Nonwhite ? If yes than why the biased racist double standards ?

Old 01-31-2009, 01:17 PM

Quote:
You're right. You and your family look more like Adolf Hitler.
So saying Hispanics are Nonwhite is the equivalent of killing 6 million Jews ?

Old 01-31-2009, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Quit dodging my question, are Hispanics who consider themselves to be racially different from White people considered neo-nazis as well ? Or does the term neo-nazi only apply to White people who consider Hispanics to be Nonwhite ? If yes than why the biased racist double standards ?
What? Who said they consider themselves to be different from White People? If they call themselves White that should be a clue for you there. Now if they don't call themselves White they are part of the Hispanic population that doesn't consider themselves to be White. Thats obvious. You have a mind set of your own that others here can't relate to and thats why our conversation seems alien to you. Different strokes for different folks so it appears you are stroking alone. You want a discussion your way and need to have it with yourself if you want agreement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies