Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2009, 10:08 PM

88 posts, read 179,455 times

Advertisements

well said macmeal..... there's really nothing left to say on this issue. We are all individuals... white, black, asian, latino, christians, jews, atheists... we all make up this big world... and all we can control is our own individual behavior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2009, 10:12 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,476,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
You CAN'T be serious.."whites see themselves as 'us' in fighting terrorists"? You don't get out much into 'honky town', I guess. Half the whites I know say terrorism is "our fault". Do you read this forum? Many whites want nothing to DO with fighting terrorism; they feel that terrorists have a 'right to be mad' at us, and most whites are so infatuated with multiculturalism, they woudn't speak out against a terrorist if he blew up their mother...these whites would just say, " I KNOW they seem MEAN...but that's their culture, and anyway, we MADE them that way".

Don't know your life situation, or where you live...but believe me, around MY neck of the woods, you won't find whites referring to themseles as "us"....most of us can barely agree on our right to say 'good morning'.

I want to have an intelligent conversation, but PLEASE..."Whites as a united group"? Maybe in Zimbabwe...but not here...not where I live. Half of the "illegal immigrant" forum is whites expressing disdain and dislike of OTHER whites..the illegals themselves are almost beside the point.
Ok..maybe I don't know..I guess whites have never have something negative enough to rally around as 1. Maybe that's good for them.

Old 02-01-2009, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Understood....however, do you feel it's OK to cite this as a 'typical' attitude? I sure HOPE not....and if so, I sure hope you're wrong. But I can only speak for myself.
Not typical in its specifics but many believe this nonsense..I hear that crap in my breakroom at work..Of course, they get quiet when I walk in.

Old 02-01-2009, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaschic View Post
well said macmeal..... there's really nothing left to say on this issue. We are all individuals... white, black, asian, latino, christians, jews, atheists... we all make up this big world... and all we can control is our own individual behavior.
I wish it were as easy and simple as that but it isn't. If this was actually true, there would be no need for leaders.

Old 02-01-2009, 10:17 PM

756 posts, read 1,999,311 times
It is as simple as that.
we just have to make it happen in our live.

Old 02-01-2009, 10:18 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,551,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Ok..maybe I don't know..I guess whites have never have something negative enough to rally around as 1. Maybe that's good for them.
It's human nature. Like I said, check with the whites in Zimbabwe. They're pretty much 'united', I understand..the ones who haven't fled the country.

Naturally, I'm not eager to emulate their experience; only pointing out that they're probably more "on the same page" relative to each other, than are American whites.

I'd guess the Chinese in Kansas are probably more 'connected' to each other than the Chinese in California are, too. But that's only a guess.

Old 02-01-2009, 10:27 PM

7 posts, read 14,729 times
"I really want to know... why is this "reverse racism" becoming such a popular trend?"

Political correctness run amok.

As others have mentioned, there is no such thing as "reverse racism". The term however, does speak of the larger, underlying, problem. The fact that racism is connotatively denied in the US if it's not directed towards historically disenfranchised minorities.

This is important for language, such as this for all language also, actually influences our thinking. By calling racism towards whites as "reverse racism" we inherently deny its truth as "real" racism.

Untill the over-reaching political correctness of the US starts to fade, which I don't think will happen untill the baby boomer generation starts to fade in numbers and influence (due to sociological guilt issues), these issues will continue to plague us.

Old 02-01-2009, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbliss View Post
It is as simple as that.
we just have to make it happen in our live.
If its that simple, why do we vote? If MLK woke up one day in say 1960 and said "I'll just worry about me and everything will be ok" we'd still be going through hell in this country. Still got a ways to go but not hell.

Old 02-01-2009, 10:32 PM

Quote:
It's human nature. Like I said, check with the whites in Zimbabwe. They're pretty much 'united', I understand..the ones who haven't fled the country.

Naturally, I'm not eager to emulate their experience; only pointing out that they're probably more "on the same page" relative to each other, than are American whites.

I'd guess the Chinese in Kansas are probably more 'connected' to each other than the Chinese in California are, too. But that's only a guess.
I hope nobody wants to be on the same page as "whites in Zimbabwe".

Old 02-01-2009, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACTransport;7281701[COLOR="Red"
]"I really want to know... why is this "reverse racism" becoming such a popular trend?"[/color]

Political correctness run amok.

As others have mentioned, there is no such thing as "reverse racism". The term however, does speak of the larger, underlying, problem. The fact that racism is connotatively denied in the US if it's not directed towards historically disenfranchised minorities.

This is important for language, such as this for all language also, actually influences our thinking. By calling racism towards whites as "reverse racism" we inherently deny its truth as "real" racism.

Untill the over-reaching political correctness of the US starts to fade, which I don't think will happen untill the baby boomer generation starts to fade in numbers and influence (due to sociological guilt issues), these issues will continue to plague us.
It's popular for those who seek to dilute what racism really is..There belief is if it happens to everybody one group can't complain about it, thus it's no big deal. There plight is however contrived and self serving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies