Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 06:58 AM

2,662 posts, read 3,827,174 times

Advertisements

Obama was bragging about being from Chicago last week while poking fun at the DC snow shut down and the cancelling of his kid's classes. Now that he cranks the thermostat up to expand his carbon footprint on our dime he's suddenly from Hawaii. Hypocrite doesn't begin to capture him and one has to wonder how long before his worshippers begin to see the light.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2009, 07:00 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,787,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Simply more tripe. Whatever you had no concern with the overthrow of the constitution in 2000 you have odd values. and NONE i subscribe to. make the American way better if you think it isnt. stop bellyaching. you lost the election get over it..move on.
You want them to move on from the most recent election, while you can't move on from the one from 9 years ago?

Old 01-30-2009, 07:01 AM

419 posts, read 602,671 times
What a great leader if you are going to say others must do something then you need to set the example and do it yourself

Old 01-30-2009, 07:03 AM

4,104 posts, read 5,307,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Obama is used to Hawaii weather and likes things toasty. He's not as flinty tough as native Washingtonians who can take a little cold weather.
Still my mother had her thermostat set at 65 degrees when home heating oil was so expensive and she wore a sweater. Obama might want to be less of an energy hog.

BS, on the SAME day he made fun of DC residents for being wimps. They cancelled school because of the ice and he could not believe it. He claims that CHICAGOANS are used to cold weather.

Cut the Hawaii BS, he has not lived there since forever.

Old 01-30-2009, 07:33 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,208,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMexicanRepublican View Post
BS, on the SAME day he made fun of DC residents for being wimps. They cancelled school because of the ice and he could not believe it. He claims that CHICAGOANS are used to cold weather.

Cut the Hawaii BS, he has not lived there since forever.

It looks like when winter comes he will be from Hawaii, and in the summer he will be from Chicago.

I really liked the juxtaposition of the stories about how he cranked up the heat in his office, but lectured DC residents about how they needed to be tougher when ice storms hit their area.

I guess it is easier to tell others to go and commute in bad weather when your own office is just down the hall from your bedroom.

Old 01-30-2009, 07:42 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
I cranked up my thermostat to 72 this morning, and the sky is now falling.

Do you people hate conservation, and simply look for excuses to bash anybody who talks about it? Or, is this a case of sourgrapeitis?

Old 01-30-2009, 07:52 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
Do you people hate conservation, and simply look for excuses to bash anybody who talks about it? Or, is this a case of sourgrapeitis?
No. We hate liberal hypocrits who preach about conservatism and do the exact opposite. You should recognize and hate that as well. Why don't you?

Old 01-30-2009, 07:54 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
It looks like when winter comes he will be from Hawaii, and in the summer he will be from Chicago.

I really liked the juxtaposition of the stories about how he cranked up the heat in his office, but lectured DC residents about how they needed to be tougher when ice storms hit their area.

I guess it is easier to tell others to go and commute in bad weather when your own office is just down the hall from your bedroom.
Actually that's true. (Thanks for the reply earlier NewToCA.) He is being hypocritical and snippy in the process too. Not good

Old 01-30-2009, 07:57 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
I just about fell off my chair, Delu.

Old 01-30-2009, 08:01 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,208,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Actually that's true. (Thanks for the reply earlier NewToCA.) He is being hypocritical and snippy in the process too. Not good
Good of you to acknowledge his inconsistency.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies