Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 06:00 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,074,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
Believe me he's not worried about Limpbag. Obama brought up his name behind close doors with a pow-wow with the Repugs to make a point. In other words, who do you represent Limbag or your constituents? Obama knows Limpbag is nothing more than Buffone who flunked out of college.

If your party is represented by Lintbag than your party is in a world of hurt.
Their party IS in a world of hurt...thankfully
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2009, 06:01 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
Believe me he's not worried about Limpbag. Obama brought up his name behind close doors with a pow-wow with the Repugs to make a point. In other words, who do you represent Limbag or your constituents? Obama knows Limpbag is nothing more than Buffone who flunked out of college.

If your party is represented by Lintbag than your party is in a world of hurt.
Other people that are elected officials were speaking out against this bill but instead of them he turned to Rush...

Ohhh I just got it... You have to be cordial. He probably didn't think it would matter since it's behind Rush's back. A lot easier to discuss someone else that way.

Old 01-30-2009, 06:14 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,464,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Coke deal?
I don't think the Rush-bots have much room to be bringing up drugs. The Fat Boy had to go hide behind the petticoats of the ACLU on that one, you'll remember...

Old 01-30-2009, 06:19 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
No I didn't forget the oxycotin or codine whatever... Just a reminder that we as a society apparently accept drugs now so.... At least two presidents now...

Old 01-30-2009, 06:21 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,515,251 times
Hmm, so you call Rush a drug addict because of his addiction to pain medication, you call Bush an alcoholic or drug addict for his past drinking and aledged cocaine use, and yet no such insults towards President Obama who has admitted using cocaine among other drugs.

Old 01-30-2009, 06:22 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,074,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Hmm, so you call Rush a drug addict because of his addiction to pain medication, you call Bush an alcoholic or drug addict for his past drinking and aledged cocaine use, and yet no such insults towards President Obama who has admitted using cocaine among other drugs.
He stopped????

Old 01-30-2009, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
He stopped????
He and his family say he stopped.

Old 01-30-2009, 06:27 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,464,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Other people that are elected officials were speaking out against this bill but instead of them he turned to Rush... Ohhh I just got it... You have to be cordial. He probably didn't think it would matter since it's behind Rush's back. A lot easier to discuss someone else that way.
What Obama said...

You can’t just listen to Rush Limbaugh and get things done.

He is using the caricature (an accurate one) of Limbaugh as a bloviating right-wing ideologue. The Congressional Republicans he was privately meeting with are reputed and expected to be mature and intelligent politicians, not a bunch of disinformation media droolers. You can't play NewsMax or WorldNetDaily or Ann Coulter and be taken seriously in this town either, and the same would go for whatever the liberal equivalent of those entities are, assuming that there actually are some. Obama is chiding the Reps for disingenuity and game-playing. There isn't room or time for that, and they aren't going to get anywhere if that's the sum and total of what they intend to do. Which so far seems to be the case.

Meanwhile, Limbaugh is a public figure. He has no privacy that he can expect to be protected as far as his name and well-earned low-brow reputation are concerned.

Old 01-30-2009, 06:50 PM

37,177 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Not just a pain medication. Oxycontin is synthetic heroin. When you go doctor shopping to see if you can get multiple prescriptions and buy street drugs to support a habit and eventually check in for rehab, yep, I'd say you are an addict, just like Bush is an alcoholic.

Nobody said Bush was a drug addict, merely that he used cocaine and refused to answer any questions about it. He himself has admillted being an alcoholic, and when you are an alcoholic, you are ALWAYS an alcoholic. I know, since I have 23 years of sobriety. As an alcoholic, you are either recovering or active, but you are NEVER a "former" alcoholic.

President Obama admitted his cocaine use in print. Not much there you can use to threaten or insult him, huh?

Old 01-30-2009, 07:03 PM

I didn't insult him on his former drug use in my post. I did note that some use Bush's alcohol addiction and Rush's addiction to pain medication to insult them but not mentioning anything about Obama's admitted cocaine use.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies