Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 04:10 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,528,010 times

Advertisements

I bet this drives a good portion of the Republican base (those that believe in White Male dominance, does not mean they burn crosses, but still) away from them or making up a 3rd loon extreme party.
An example of what I'm talking about.
Bill O'Reilly: The White, Christian, male power structure is ...

1 min 33 sec - Oct 15, 2008
Bill O'Reilly: The White, Christian, male power structure is in jeopardy... By John Amato Wednesday May 30, 2007 3:15pm. tof-maccain.jpg Bill O ...
crooksandliars.com/2007/05/31/bill-oreilly-the-white-christian-male-power-structure-is-in-jeopardy/

On top of that, it took 6 ballots for this top happen. I can't believe even 1/2 of the older white members of this party are happy with this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2009, 04:13 PM

128 posts, read 362,619 times
As a long time Maryland resident, the thing I remember most about Michael Steele is his signs EVERYWHERE two years ago at election time proclaiming "STEELE DEMOCRAT". No kidding.

He claims he was referring to something like, well... "Reagan Democrats"... but in a Dem. State like Maryland, it seemed like down right deceptive advertising. Great pedigree for the new leader of the GOP ... "I come from a long line of denial and deception..."

Old 01-30-2009, 04:28 PM

45,382 posts, read 60,575,206 times
I'm glad to see you guys that don't know Mike Steele making pronouncements in the "don't know the square root of ****" category. Before I forget, Mike is a personal friend.
He didn't "pander" to blacks in PG and Baltimore, actually the opposite. And for you self-righteous Democrats who proclaim your virginity on dirty campaigning see if you can get a You-Tube video of students at Morgan State throwing Oreos at Steele-Morgan is an HBC by the way. That was impressive. In the election against Cardin the numbers were 54%/44%/2% with Steele taking the rural southern, western and Eastern Shore counties and Cardin winning the urban, liberal counties (PG and Montgomery) and Baltimore City along with a couple that were in his Congressional District.

Old 01-30-2009, 04:33 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,978,392 times
I wonder how these Strongsville, Ohio GOP voters will react?

YouTube - Misconceptions of Obama fuel Republican campaign - 13 Oct 08

Old 01-30-2009, 04:34 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,478,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
I'm glad to see you guys that don't know Mike Steele making pronouncements in the "don't know the square root of ****" category. Before I forget, Mike is a personal friend.
He didn't "pander" to blacks in PG and Baltimore, actually the opposite. And for you self-righteous Democrats who proclaim your virginity on dirty campaigning see if you can get a You-Tube video of students at Morgan State throwing Oreos at Steele-Morgan is an HBC by the way. That was impressive. In the election against Cardin the numbers were 54%/44%/2% with Steele taking the rural southern, western and Eastern Shore counties and Cardin winning the urban, liberal counties (PG and Montgomery) and Baltimore City along with a couple that were in his Congressional District.
If he wasn't pandering, what was he doing at Morgan State? He did nothing for the city of Baltimore..Those kids were too smart to be hoodwinked. Your "personal friend" is the leader of the GOP. Be happy. Any unbiased person from Maryland knows the truth of what Steele did in the state.

Old 01-30-2009, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Well I'm sure since you're a pal of Michael's you'll post that youtube video of the oreo throwing episode?

I'm a godless Liberal and I smell a fraud....there is no video, is there?

Old 01-30-2009, 04:40 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,630,098 times
I don't know much about Steele. But I do know that since a black person has been put in a position of power by the GOP, the Dems and nutcase libs will be tripping over themselves to discredit his blackness. For Dems and libs, any black that doesn't buy into their ideas is not a "real" black person. Just one more sign of the racism of the Dems, and it will never go away. Had Obama turned out to be a Republican instead of a Dem, libs would have stuck knives in his back at every twist and turn possible and they would have been even worse than the rightnuts taking digs at Obama's racial makeup.

I'll be looking forward to watching the Dems work hard to discredit Steele's race, I'm sure its already started....

Old 01-30-2009, 04:41 PM

45,382 posts, read 60,575,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
If he wasn't pandering, what was he doing at Morgan State? He did nothing for the city of Baltimore..Those kids were too smart to be hoodwinked. Your "personal friend" is the leader of the GOP. Be happy. Any unbiased person from Maryland knows the truth of what Steele did in the state.

What was he doing at Morgan-uh campaigning maybe? Oh that's right, in your world a Republican campaigning isn't allowed unless they don't challenge your preconceptions. Forgot that bit. Of course questioning any Democratic program or stand is "getting personal". Been there and done that. Some of you armchair politicians need to get off your asses and actually run for an office. How do you like the 6% sales tax we have now? Or the slots? That's a great way to finance schools don't ya think?

Old 01-30-2009, 04:43 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
You wrote all that after I wrote, "I stand corrected", but I guess a monkey doll is better. If I was attempting to lie, I could've edited the initial post without acknowledging my error. Funny how you've stuck to this and avoided all of the other questions..Feeling like a hypocrit are we? Oh yeah, where's the link to all your accusations?
What accusations? That the majority of Democrats are thoughtful people? You really need a link for that? Or perhaps that Democrats cannot be painted with the same brush as Code Pink or the urine bottle throwers at the Republican convention? You mean those accusations?

Or do you mean the other attacks on all republicans of your original post...let's see, there was the nooses, er one monkey doll - which as I noted was horrible, but there are jerks in each party I am afraid. Or screaming terrorists at rallys -- was that really that common? I wouldn't know, I despised Palin and wouldn't watch her on a bet. Still, I would wager the cry of 'terrorist' came up when Ayers name was mentioned. And he was one you know... a domestic terrorist.
As to cries of being from the NE (Obama wasn't) or too articulate...who complained about that? Links on that also, thank you. And being an elitist has nothing to do with education, but everything to do with attitude. People have different perceptions you know.... As to people calling Obama an Arab or questioning his birth certificate, well as I said earlier about the monkey doll...there are jerks everywhere. Especially conspiracy loving jerks.
Kinda like when the left was all about spreading rumors that Palins daughter was the real mother of her down syndromed son. That was pretty damn low but I hardly think all democrats bought into that crap, nor do I think that all democrats are now hypocrits for not prying into the maternity/paternity of Chelsea.
Azzhats in every party.....so, which are you? Thoughtful dem or azzhat?

Old 01-30-2009, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
I don't know much about Steele. But I do know that since a black person has been put in a position of power by the GOP, the Dems and nutcase libs will be tripping over themselves to discredit his blackness. For Dems and libs, any black that doesn't buy into their ideas is not a "real" black person. Just one more sign of the racism of the Dems, and it will never go away. Had Obama turned out to be a Republican instead of a Dem, libs would have stuck knives in his back at every twist and turn possible and they would have been even worse than the rightnuts taking digs at Obama's racial makeup.

I'll be looking forward to watching the Dems work hard to discredit Steele's race, I'm sure its already started....

It has started.... apparently his supporter here claims to know of a video of black students throwing oreo's at him.

Cause that just jives with those Crazy Black Dems in the right wing story line..LOL

Do you know where the video is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies