Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2009, 01:42 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times

Advertisements

The current system does not work and you think taking it over totally by the government will make it better ?

Instead of $14 per pill, tylenol will go up to $200 per pill (charge in hospitals) and the insurers and drug makers will get even richer.

The best way to bring health care down is to completely drop insurance except for hospital care ..the way it used to be. Doctors start charging directly and patients pay directly and watch how quick costs come down to within salary levels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2009, 01:51 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The current system does not work and you think taking it over totally by the government will make it better ?

Instead of $14 per pill, tylenol will go up to $200 per pill (charge in hospitals) and the insurers and drug makers will get even richer.

The best way to bring health care down is to completely drop insurance except for hospital care ..the way it used to be. Doctors start charging directly and patients pay directly and watch how quick costs come down to within salary levels.

And for those without salaries.....?

Old 02-13-2009, 01:53 PM

37,468 posts, read 61,396,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
... The reason so many people go to emergency rooms for subacute conditions or problems that emergency rooms should not be handling is because they were not able to go to doctors earlier when the conditions could have been dealt with easier and for less cost.
You claimed that folks are dying due to a lack of health care availability.

I asked you who is dying? and you responded by trying to insult me.

I said that when uninsured folks get sick they go to the ER, to which you finally agreed.

Old 02-13-2009, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post

I said that when uninsured folks get sick they go to the ER, to which you finally agreed.

You spin with the aplomb of the McCain machine........which is exactly why they lost.

Old 02-13-2009, 01:56 PM

Quote:

I agree.

Old 02-13-2009, 02:01 PM

Quote:

People go to the emergency room because they have no better choice, not because that is how things should go. Save your spin for someone who actually functions on a lower level. How's that for an insult?

As for examples of people dying for lack of insurance:

Dying Too Young for Lack of Coverage - On Health and Money (usnews.com)

http://www.familiesusa.org/assets/pdfs/dying-for-coverage/pennsylvania.pdf (broken link)

Dying for lack of insurance - CNN.com

The Grim Statistics of Californians Dying for Lack of Health Care Coverage - California Progress Report (http://www.californiaprogressreport.com/2008/04/the_grim_statis.html - broken link)

Hundreds dying annually in Florida due to lack of health insurance : Health : Naples Daily News

Do you really need more examples, or do you still refuse to deal with reality?

"Greatest country in the world."

"Country first."

Yeah, right.

Old 02-13-2009, 02:04 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
And for those without salaries.....?
Well if you don't have a salary then you have unemployment, welfare and food stamps. What..you want it all and you want it for free ?

Old 02-13-2009, 02:08 PM

Quote:
You spin with the aplomb of the McCain machine........which is exactly why they lost.
So who died because they could not get into an ER?

Spin anything you wish ti spin, who is dying?

Old 02-13-2009, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Well if you don't have a salary then you have unemployment, welfare and food stamps. What..you want it all and you want it for free ?

Have you noticed all the layoffs lately? With layoffs comes a loss of income, and of health care benefits, since health insurance is more often than not tied in to employment. Health care on the open market is too expensive for those who are on unemployment. Nobody wants anything for free. They just don't want to worry about them or their children getting sick and not being able to take them to the doctor. I guess that's an entitlement too, right?

I hope none of you Darwinists ever gets sick or loses your health insurance. You people just dont get it.

Old 02-13-2009, 02:14 PM

1,570 posts, read 2,069,629 times
Quote:
So who died because they could not get into an ER?

Spin anything you wish ti spin, who is dying?
You might get in but you might never get out of the ER.....waiting room

Tape shows woman dying on waiting room floor - CNN.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies