Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 07:06 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,182,754 times

Advertisements

Could it be that it is all part of the 2 party scam?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2012, 08:54 AM

1 posts, read 522 times
Im a libertaian and I find it funny how many people came here to post how much they hate they other party. If you hate the Republicans or Democrats you are extrememly ignorant and people like your are one of the factors why this nation is having so many problems now. The hate for the other party is exactly what your party wants so you will pass whatever bill and canidates they have and oppose the other partys without ever reaserching or looking into it at all. George Washington actually warned about the problems with politcal parties and how people tend to lose the ability to think for themselves.
"However [political parties] may now and then answer popular ends, they are likely in the course of time and things, to become potent engines, by which cunning, ambitious, and unprincipled men will be enabled to subvert the power of the people and to usurp for themselves the reins of government, destroying afterwards the very engines which have lifted them to unjust dominion." GEORGE WASHINGTON, Farewell Address, Sep. 17, 1796
I'm not advicating you get out of your party if your a Democrat or Republican all I ask is for everyone to try their best to think for themselves and not to blindly follow their party like a sheep.

To awnser the original question the parites cannot get along because both have propigated it's members to hate the other party so much that many people in both parties can't think forthemselves and only care about "beating" the other party. If this does not change it will lead to America's downfall. You have more than two choices people and please don't hate the other I was a former Republican had a friend who was a Democrat we argued at first about stuff for while we both agreed to one day to try to be less ignorat and talk things out instead of just yell and argue turns out I won about half and he won about half. That day we both switched to libertarian party.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:00 AM

3,345 posts, read 3,069,171 times
Because people (partisans) on both sides have been brainwashed by the media to hate each other while keeping the truth hidden that both parties are very similar these days

The great media mind**** I like to call it

From a number of posters starting with that guy on the 1st page, I see it is working unfortunately

Old 01-16-2012, 09:49 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,350,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highdesertmutz View Post
I think the republican party should be disbanded or dissolved, they hardly ever do anything in the best interests of our nation, pretty much all the repubs. are for is big business, and the poor become poorer under their leadership.
I think the democratic party should be disbanded and dissolved, they never do anything in the best interest of our nation, only in their own and their parties interest, anything to get re-elected. Pretty much all democrats are for is unions and taking from those who work and giving to those who don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies