Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 10:36 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,611,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangodoodles View Post
How can you defend something so indefensible and then laugh about it? The goals of Anon, on the surface, sound fine with the whole "free speech, anti-Scientology thing." But the tactics are disgusting. Since I'm giving my opinion are they going to track me down now? See, people shouldn't be afraid to speak up because some group claiming to represent free speech will post their information on the web.

Of course they shouldn't be afraid, but that's what happens when you put yourself in that position. If you're going to be brave enough to stand up for a cause, then stand up for it! If people start being asses, don't back down, fight back. People are way too afraid of what others think of them these days, it's sad really.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2009, 05:14 AM

24 posts, read 106,723 times
Quote:
How can you defend something so indefensible and then laugh about it? The goals of Anon, on the surface, sound fine with the whole "free speech, anti-Scientology thing." But the tactics are disgusting. Since I'm giving my opinion are they going to track me down now? See, people shouldn't be afraid to speak up because some group claiming to represent free speech will post their information on the web.

Sorry there mate, you just don't understand. And yknow what? You probably dont want too. Certainty is, after all, quite the cozy place to be for most people. I suggest you enjoy it.

Old 02-11-2009, 10:06 AM

2,027 posts, read 4,207,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet_letterman View Post
Sorry there mate, you just don't understand. And yknow what? You probably dont want too. Certainty is, after all, quite the cozy place to be for most people. I suggest you enjoy it.
Sorry, you still haven't explained how you can endorse and support such a mean organization. It's like, Scientology is bad for sure and it's good that you bring attention to their problems especially since they harass and intimidate dissenters. But, at the same time, you do the same to people you disagree with. Even if it's just some little kid who started an Anti-Cussing Club. What is wrong with you that you have to attack a little kid to the point of making him cry? And posting his phone number on the internet? That negates any of the relatively good work you do fighting Scientology. If you continue to do this and someone gets hurt, I hope the police track you guys down to your momma's basement and prosecute you. You seem to think what you guys do "promotes freedom of speech." I tend to think the opposite since you're actually crushing freedom of speech of the people you disagree with. Buy hey, whatever helps you get to sleep at night.

Old 02-24-2009, 06:38 PM

1,233 posts, read 2,824,061 times
Quote:
Sorry, you still haven't explained how you can endorse and support such a mean organization. It's like, Scientology is bad for sure and it's good that you bring attention to their problems especially since they harass and intimidate dissenters. But, at the same time, you do the same to people you disagree with. Even if it's just some little kid who started an Anti-Cussing Club. What is wrong with you that you have to attack a little kid to the point of making him cry? And posting his phone number on the internet? That negates any of the relatively good work you do fighting Scientology. If you continue to do this and someone gets hurt, I hope the police track you guys down to your momma's basement and prosecute you. You seem to think what you guys do "promotes freedom of speech." I tend to think the opposite since you're actually crushing freedom of speech of the people you disagree with. Buy hey, whatever helps you get to sleep at night.
Research more. Anonymous is not an organization.

There is a difference between the chans and the Anonymous that fights Scientology. The chans are abrasive and rather cruel, and while Anonymous the Scilon Slayers evolved from the chans, they tend to be a bit more... eloquent.

Old 02-24-2009, 10:26 PM

2,027 posts, read 4,207,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emi__ View Post
Research more. Anonymous is not an organization.

There is a difference between the chans and the Anonymous that fights Scientology. The chans are abrasive and rather cruel, and while Anonymous the Scilon Slayers evolved from the chans, they tend to be a bit more... eloquent.
Thanks for the clarification on that. From what I understood, it's a loosely organized group with the majority fighting Scientology and a minority fringe group doing things like bully little kids. Apparently they are entirely separate with one being a group and one being a bunch of individuals. You learn something new everyday...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies