Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 07:35 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,844,914 times

Advertisements

So the 819 Billion dollar "stimulus" package is going to be passed by the Senate soon....

Obama is already crafting a second financial bailout for banks, automakers, whatever and whoever wants money....

My question is how much do you think this second bailout will be priced at? I say it will be 1.5 Trillion dollars... that is 2.3 Trillion total spending in less than a month... he is making Bush look like a cheapskate at this point.... how much do you think he is going to spend?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2009, 09:03 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,668,568 times
Where's my check? I want my check too!

Old 01-31-2009, 09:19 PM

Yes, but how much is the second bailout going to be.... any guesses? Geithner is writing it right now...

Old 01-31-2009, 09:29 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,440,298 times
Do you by chance have a link? This is just bullsh*t! Absolute BULLS*T.............

To all of you who thought one sole in control was a good idea way to go!

Old 01-31-2009, 09:37 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,332,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Yes, but how much is the second bailout going to be.... any guesses? Geithner is writing it right now...
I think Geithner is working on some sort of bad bank plan that will buy the toxic assets and take them off the books of the major companies. This was the original aim of TARP, but we switched (perhaps following the lead of the UK) to recapitalizing the banks.

I kid you not, the acronym for this bad bank plan is BARF. I believe it's the Bad Asset Repository Fund. This plan is going to make us all want to BARF! There was talk that the total cost of the Bank rescue plan could be as high as
$ 3 Trillion. Ford just lost $ 5 Billion + last quarter and they are (by far) the STRONGEST of the Big 3. Giving another Bailout to GM and Chrysler would be very stupid. Hopefully, it won't happen.

Old 01-31-2009, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Do you by chance have a link? This is just bullsh*t! Absolute BULLS*T.............

To all of you who thought one sole in control was a good idea way to go!
Yeah, here you go...

Rollout of rescue package delayed - Jan. 31, 2009

Old 01-31-2009, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
I think Geithner is working on some sort of bad bank plan that will buy the toxic assets and take them off the books of the major companies. This was the original aim of TARP, but we switched (perhaps following the lead of the UK) to recapitalizing the banks.

I kid you not, the acronym for this bad bank plan is BARF. I believe it's the Bad Asset Repository Fund. This plan is going to make us all want to BARF! There was talk that the total cost of the Bank rescue plan could be as high as
$ 3 Trillion. Ford just lost $ 5 Billion + last quarter and they are (by far) the STRONGEST of the Big 3. Giving another Bailout to GM and Chrysler would be very stupid. Hopefully, it won't happen.
I can guarantee you that it will be a combination of things... bad bank is a possibility but I think it will definitely include capital infusion and propping up failing businesses...

So you think it will be a 3 Trillion dollar package + 819 Billion stimulus package for 3.8 Trillion total in less than a month.. wow!

Old 02-10-2009, 11:16 AM

Hahahaha.... I predicted the second bailout to be 1.5 Trillion... Geithner said he will probably ask for another 2 Trillion... I made a pretty "close" estimate... so far the tally is 700 Billion + 838 Billion + 2 Trillion = 3.538 Trillion dollars going to be spent... That means for every one of the 300 million Americans... we all pay about $11800 each for these bailouts.... every man, woman, and child owes that much but most of them won't pay for it... the grandkids will..... or maybe they will pass it along to their kids... I wonder how the dollar will fare if this fails... you can't exactly "borrow" more money when you threw over 3.5 Trillion dollars and it failed... nobody will be crazy enough to lend... this is going to be an interesting year...

ABC News: $2 Trillion More - Gasp - to Rescue the Economy

Old 02-10-2009, 12:03 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Completely outrageous. We know that the first $700 billion really didn't work, now we are going to throw another trillion at it.

This needs to stop.

Old 02-10-2009, 06:14 PM

Its not just a "trillion" its at LEAST 2 trillion more.... what is mind boggling is how none of the liberals are against this... the second is pretty much identical to the first bailout.... I wouldn't think people would be up in arms about this, especially liberals who blamed Bush's failed policy... isn't this the same as one of Bush's failed policies? I didn't like the first bailout and I certainly don't like the second one... with over 2 trillion, you can build SEVERAL banks with good capital instead of propping up failing banks... You could just let them fail and sell off their assets to cover their debts and then write off the rest of the debt and then use the 2 trillion to buy these banks and rehire people to staff and have a HEALTHY bank (of course CEOs won't make any money with these banks)... I mean come on....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies