Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 12:26 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,309,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
At least six states in the United States (California, Florida, Georgia, Texas, Louisiana, and Montana) have experimented with chemical castration laws, according to Jeffrey Kirchmeier.
If they would just invest in a good, sharp knife, no experimentation would be needed. It would work great everytime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2009, 12:26 PM

2,600 posts, read 2,324,754 times
Default A swirling Lack of Morality

Here we go again. blaming tree hugging liberals for everything. when are you people going to wise up? this death isn't a liberal or neocon issue, what is at issue is the life of a human being, which is taken so lightly these days. I do not defend sex offenders, I think they should have a place to go for help. if I saw malemute dying in the forest, I wouldn't leave him there to die, even knowing if he were a neocon, I would still attempt to get him help. human life is precious to some, but it ain't worth a plug nickle to some others. we as humans have no right to decide who lives and who dies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Nothing stopped some liberal group from setting up a shelter of it's own for sex offenders, it's time the liberals stop expecting church groups to do everything. A church group or other shelter taking in families, is responsible for the safety of those families and should not take in sex offenders, but someone else should have set something up for them. Don't blame this shelter or any shelter taking in families, blame those do-gooders who did nothing but now wring their hands over this man's fate.

Old 02-01-2009, 12:27 PM

425 posts, read 1,093,242 times
This guy could have walked into any warm police station and found shelter. Sorry, but he did have an alternative. As much as I hate the idea of it, he could have walked into any ER complaining of chest pain. It would have gotten him a clean warm bed for awhile at least.

Sorry, no sympathy here.

Old 02-01-2009, 12:30 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie C. View Post
This guy could have walked into any warm police station and found shelter. Sorry, but he did have an alternative. As much as I hate the idea of it, he could have walked into any ER complaining of chest pain. It would have gotten him a clean warm bed for awhile at least.

Sorry, no sympathy here.
I dont think he was in his right mind that night...his body was found right out in the snow.

But those are good ideas! Didnt even think of the police station.

Old 02-01-2009, 12:33 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,929,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
The man did his time, while I wouldn't let him work with or around small children, but his punishment should not be never ending.
But the restrictions on such a person should be never-ending.

Once someone proves to society that they can't live free in a world and coexist with children without assaulting one, it's time for them to give up their freedoms.

If that means they must be released one day (and I don't think they should be), then they can only be released with severe limitations. Don't feel bad for these criminals; they didn't have their freedoms taken away, they gave them up when they touched their first victim.

Old 02-01-2009, 12:34 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,479,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
The repeat rate for child sex offenders if off the chart.
That is a myth, which has been refuted by scholarly studies over and over, but thanks to media idiots and politicians, it keeps cropping up.

Old 02-01-2009, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
If that means they must be released one day (and I don't think they should be), then they can only be released with severe limitations. Don't feel bad for these criminals; they didn't have their freedoms taken away, they gave them up when they touched their first victim.
Victim, my eye.

There are people on the sex offender registry for things they did when they were ten.

There are people on the sex offender registry for taking a leak in public where someone's kid saw it.

There are people on the sex offender registry for having sex in the back of a car outside a rock concert.

Old 02-01-2009, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
On another note: What do you think would be the response of, say, the Iranian or Saudi Arabian or Palestinian people to a sex offender?
Depends on the offense. They have crazier ideas about some forms of sexual deviance than we do, and less crazy ideas about others.

Old 02-01-2009, 12:54 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,929,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Victim, my eye.

There are people on the sex offender registry for things they did when they were ten.

There are people on the sex offender registry for taking a leak in public where someone's kid saw it.

There are people on the sex offender registry for having sex in the back of a car outside a rock concert.
So let them all stay at your house.
Then again, from the looks of things, you like to root for the bad guys.
That's your problem.

Old 02-01-2009, 02:28 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highdesertmutz View Post
Here we go again. blaming tree hugging liberals for everything. when are you people going to wise up? this death isn't a liberal or neocon issue, what is at issue is the life of a human being, which is taken so lightly these days. I do not defend sex offenders, I think they should have a place to go for help. if I saw malemute dying in the forest, I wouldn't leave him there to die, even knowing if he were a neocon, I would still attempt to get him help. human life is precious to some, but it ain't worth a plug nickle to some others. we as humans have no right to decide who lives and who dies.
Fine but one of the BIG problems in Katrina was the housing of violent criminals, rapists, murderers, muggers in with elderly, children, woman. That was absurd.

It is right for family shelters to turn away pedophiles, rapists, drug addicts and so on. Allowing violent predators to prey upon helpless individuals and families seeking only shelter is criminal in itself.

The churches are providing much of the shelter for families. What is stopping the liberal groups, the atheists and so on from providing shelter to sex offenders and other thugs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies