Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 09:19 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unstable View Post
People need to stop trying to ride out these events, in general. I know, I know, Americans are independent by nature, but when someone tells you to evacuate you evacuate!

(I don't know if people were told to evacuate from this storm in particular, I'm just saying in general.)
Yes, I agree. Given what I have seen lately in re: natural disasters, if I were given an evacuation order, I'd go!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2009, 09:20 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,628,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
I'm tickled to death to hear that you have them helping in your area
Have you got your power back yet???
Thanks!

Yeah, we lost it for a few days, then they got it back on then went out again due to repairs, but everything is up and working properly now. Even our cable is restored, and the kiddo finally went back to school today.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:23 AM

2,224 posts, read 3,613,678 times
Where was GWB a few months ago when people in Mass suffered power loss from a similar storm, some for over 8 - 9 days? My sister being one of them??????

Old 02-04-2009, 10:00 AM

3,463 posts, read 7,306,337 times
And the truth!

State-Journal.com - Kentuckians die while Governor plays politics!

Old 02-04-2009, 10:05 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Kootr, Kootr... Kootr,

An unsigned letter to the editor? Come on fella, even you...never mind.

Old 02-04-2009, 05:08 PM

2,600 posts, read 2,324,754 times
ok, ok, ok, since obama won't give a peep, I will.here's two, I hope you're happy now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootr View Post
There is been not a peep out of Obama for help in Kentucy where seven people have died, half a million people remain without electricity and over 200,000 are without water due to a major ice storm. Kentucy's Governor Steve Beshear described the fallout from last week's ice storm as the state's largest-ever natural disaster.

Where is the Obama administration? Why hasn't there been any federal help for these people? Where is the immediate help that Obama promised for these types of disasters?

Last edited by highdesertmutz; 03-02-2009 at 04:33 PM..

Old 02-04-2009, 05:55 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Really, really a sad comment with all your name calling.
Think of ALL the name calling that could have gone with the Katrina victims in New Orleans.
The Katrina victims?? Don't even get me started! Yes there were truly innocent people there but many of them are low life ghettoites. They did more to destroy the City of New Orleans than a thousand hurricanes ever could! Then when they were relocated to Houston and Atlanta they did the same thing to their host cities. I have no use for many of them and next time the welcome mat may be extended to women, children and the elderly and to nobody else. The dopers, gangsters and criminals can stay and learn to swim if need be.

Old 02-04-2009, 06:01 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times
Didn't most of the residents of Kentucky live without electricity and indoor plumbing BEFORE the ice storm? I mean, what happened to the spirit of Daniel Boone there? I never heard of him bawling over ice storms and no electricity! I mean, what the heck- can't they just hitch up the house to the pickup and pull it further south to Tennesee for awhile?

Old 02-05-2009, 06:00 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,080,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Didn't most of the residents of Kentucky live without electricity and indoor plumbing BEFORE the ice storm? I mean, what happened to the spirit of Daniel Boone there? I never heard of him bawling over ice storms and no electricity! I mean, what the heck- can't they just hitch up the house to the pickup and pull it further south to Tennesee for awhile?
That's NOT very nice Kev..............funny tho'

Old 02-07-2009, 04:00 AM

540 posts, read 629,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
The KY winter storms - where's the outrage?

The "ice" line is about 20 miles south of me and Paducah is about 35 miles due south of our place and I can tell you right now,those folks are suffering.....last year it was our area that got hit and it was 2 days before we could even get out of our road because of downed trees and when we hit the main road,nobody had touched it either...it looked like a war zone and we were a week without power (thank GOD I burn wood,so my family stayed warm at least and we were able to cook on the woodstove)....WE the locals,(not Law Enforcement,F.D., EMSA, FEMA nor any other tax sucking worthless agency) checked on the elderly,ran prescriptions,cleared the roads and every other thing that had to be done for almost a week(the road was already dry in patches by the time we saw the first county plow truck)....the HUGE difference in between the misery we went through and the misery that KY is going through now is the fact that it started warming up a bit the 2nd day after the storm...not so for these folks....it's below zero this morning with the wind chill factor and it has been miserably cold pretty much since day one.

I agree,where is the outrage at how sloppy our tax funded agencies operate and what are we paying these worthless aholes for ??? I'm not blaming Obama in the least for this because of the fact that he has just taken over and getting up to speed and utilizing the remnants of a truly worthless admin,but there does need to be an overhaul of the system because things like this just prove how inadequate our govt emergency responses are...they are all blow and no go.
Youk now why you are so amusing Mulie. This is the second thread I have caught you on where you verify your base line is a conservative and yet you, like so many people, I use to know in Muhlenberg County, whos life has been so influenced by the unions, they have this horrible misconception that they are democraps. So you, like these chumps, have a President ,that stands up and tells them to their face and yells it in both ears that he intends to destroy the coal they dig out of the earth to produce their livlihoods and they vote for him anyways. Because, just like black peole, they have been told all their lives that conservatives are their enemies, the enemies of unions.
You are right about one thing though. You did not need the governmnet one snap to help your family because you were perfectly capable of doing it yourself. Fact is you don't need the fing democraps for anything, inclusive of promoting higher wages. That is simply another form of getting into your pocket. Taxes, union dues, protecting you from yourself, -al l the same. You are showing some redeeming qualities though, perhaps an awakening. Maybe you need to stay out of New York City.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies