Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 04:17 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times

Advertisements

700+ billion a year of government assistance and the left is complaining? http://www.brac.gov/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2009, 04:19 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,765,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
700+ billion a year of government assistance and the left is complaining?
Makes one wonder, eh? I think it's bred into 'em.

Old 02-03-2009, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
The Pentagon itself is saying it has to cut back. Sorry.
Cutting back is one thing, even I know that there needs to be a limit; however, wanting to essentially shut down the military is foolhardiness. Mista Jimmah showed us how to do that.

Old 02-03-2009, 04:22 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
Reagan meant to say:

"The era of paying for big government is over." The budget absolutely exploded under his watch. You know there's a theory that conservatives rack up such huge debt to prevent liberals from being able to spend money when they attain power. I think there's something to that.

Conservatives like to talk about the ineptness and wastefulness of the Federal government. And when they get into power, they prove their own point.
Yes, those wicked liberals, having to pay to shore up the boring old infrastructure, bring the public schools out of the third world (though that's a project that needs some serious b*-slapping first of all), help poor people get themselves out of poverty, help more students go to college, try to help us get affordable health care...they're the worst I tell you.

Old 02-03-2009, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post
Cutting back is one thing, even I know that there needs to be a limit; however, wanting to essentially shut down the military is foolhardiness. Mista Jimmah showed us how to do that.
Obama aint going to shut down the milaterry. He *IS* going to shut down the insane waste and fraud that went on in Iraq; there's a new Commission working out how exactly to avoid this in the new quagmire Afghanistan

Old 02-03-2009, 04:36 PM

Default An entirely different time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
Reagan meant to say:

"The era of paying for big government is over." The budget absolutely exploded under his watch. You know there's a theory that conservatives rack up such huge debt to prevent liberals from being able to spend money when they attain power. I think there's something to that.

Conservatives like to talk about the ineptness and wastefulness of the Federal government. And when they get into power, they prove their own point.
Nuclear winter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

YouTube - ABC News Viewpoint - "The Day After" (Part 1, 1983)

YouTube - ABC News Viewpoint - "The Day After" (Part 2, 1983)

YouTube - ABC News Viewpoint - "The Day After" (Part 3, 1983)

YouTube - ABC News Viewpoint - "The Day After" (Part 4, 1983)

YouTube - ABC News Viewpoint - "The Day After" (Part 5, 1983)

YouTube - ABC News Viewpoint - "The Day After" (Part 6, 1983)

YouTube - ABC News Viewpoint - "The Day After" (Part 7, 1983)

YouTube - ABC News Viewpoint - "The Day After" (Part 8 - Last, 1983)

Old 02-03-2009, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Obama aint going to shut down the milaterry. He *IS* going to shut down the insane waste and fraud that went on in Iraq; there's a new Commission working out how exactly to avoid this in the new quagmire Afghanistan
I have no problem with that basic idea. Quagmire? Eh?

Old 02-03-2009, 04:44 PM

US flags missile fears after Iranian satellite launch - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Old 02-03-2009, 04:54 PM

2,260 posts, read 3,880,345 times
Military Industrial complex is U.S.

I dont think ive ever held a job that didnt owe some of its business to military support. Defense spending creates one hell of alot of economic activity which stimulates the economy. What we need is more wars so we can turn over some equipment and create demand for our products. Obama knows this and will continue our warmongering ways in Afghanistan

Thank God for Obama

Old 02-03-2009, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post
I have no problem with that basic idea. Quagmire? Eh?
another idea being floated around is allowing civilian DoD employees who want to to come to (the safe parts of) war areas to supplement the non-military work the troops and military officials have been doing that slowed them down - I guess paperwork, things like running gas stations - ? thus freeing up the military to do its thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies