Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 08:29 AM

1,843 posts, read 2,363,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Well, well. I wonder how they fell into their hands.

Not too hard to figure out, is it?

The new partisanship obama was talking about - funneling "controversial" documents to the Left-wing kooks, in congress and out.

I do believe I predicted this.

Kind of like the Bush White House outing the CIA spy when her husband criticized Bush, but without the loss of life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2009, 08:36 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,927,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Unless of course there is a democrat in the WH, like Bubba.

HE actually committed perjury under oath - which was verifiable considering he was on tape doing it.

All you have, all you ever have against bush are baseless allegations with no evidence. But still, in your mind, that's all that is required.
I'm for the Rule of Law............Something you right wingers, who cry about how you love the Constitution, and want "Law and Order" cant seem to abide by.

There was a valid reason for Clinton not being charged. He lied in a Civil trial which was later thrown out or dropped. End of story. There is nothing to charge him with. Otherwise he would have charged with Perjury. But we follow the law here. So you don't get to charge for Perjury unless the law allows you to charge someone for perjury.

On the other hand authorizing torturing is a much more serious crime than lying about your own personal sexual matters in a Civil trial.

And there is ample evidence to investigate the Bush Administration as I have now listed for the third time in this forum.

Associated Press, April 11, 2008:

Bush administration officials from Vice President Dick Cheney on down signed off on using harsh interrogation techniques against suspected terrorists after asking the Justice Department to endorse their legality, The Associated Press has learned.

The officials also took care to insulate President Bush from a series of meetings where CIA interrogation methods, including waterboarding, which simulates drowning, were discussed and ultimately approved. . . .

The meetings were held in the White House Situation Room in the years immediately following the Sept. 11 attacks. Attending the sessions were Cheney, then-Bush aides Attorney General John ********, Secretary of State Colin Powell, CIA Director George Tenet and national security adviser Condoleezza Rice.

Agence France-Presse, October 15, 2008:

The administration of US President George W. Bush authorized the CIA to waterboard Al-Qaeda suspects according to two secret memos issued in 2003 and 2004, The Washington Post reported Wednesday.

Soon-to-be U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder, 1/15/2009:

President-elect Barack Obama's nominee for attorney general said unequivocally Thursday that waterboarding is torture . . .

Early on he was asked whether waterboarding, a technique that makes a prisoner believe he is in danger of drowning, constitutes torture and is illegal.

"If you look at the history of the use of that technique, " Holder replied, "we prosecuted our own soldiers for using it in Vietnam. . . . Waterboarding is torture."

Bush official Susan Crawford, 1/13/2009:

The top Bush administration official in charge of deciding whether to bring Guantanamo Bay detainees to trial has concluded that the U.S. military tortured a Saudi national who allegedly planned to participate in the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, interrogating him with techniques that included sustained isolation, sleep deprivation, nudity and prolonged exposure to cold, leaving him in a "life-threatening condition."

"We tortured [Mohammed al-] Qahtani," said Susan J. Crawford, in her first interview since being named convening authority of military commissions by Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates in February 2007. "His treatment met the legal definition of torture. And that's why I did not refer the case" for prosecution."

Current Attorney General Michael Mukasey, 1/17/2009:

"Torture is a crime," Mr. Mukasey said in an interview Friday . . . .

Last edited by padcrasher; 02-04-2009 at 09:25 AM..

Old 02-04-2009, 09:06 AM

416 posts, read 710,531 times
No one is going to defend Clinton. He's disgusting and perjury is a crime.

But perjury does NOT implicate US foreign policy. Can ANY of the Clinton-hating GOP goons who are still living as if it was ten years ago understand that??? This is not about party politics, it's about the ******* wellbeing of this NATION in two, twenty, and two hundred years.

And the GOP wonders why it lost this election...

Old 02-04-2009, 09:06 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,042,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Didn't the "horrible precedent" part start when the Bush Administration broke the law and tortured? Since when is the POTUS above the law? Or did you mean to say that it's a "horrible precedent" to hold the President accountable for upholding and following our laws?

He either broke the law or he didn't. And either we should follow the Rule of Law or we shouldn't follow the Rule of Law.

I take it you think that even if he broke the law we should let it go?

I'm not aware of any torture taking place by order of the POTUS.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
Oh? So your point is about definition between the Bush Administration as opposed to Bush himself?

Bush may not be guilty himself.

The investigation could help determine how far up the ladder it went. I'm sure Bush was clueless about most things that went on in his Administration so that could likely be a basis for not charging him.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:34 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,042,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Oh? So your point is about definition between the Bush Administration as opposed to Bush himself?

Bush may not be guilty himself.

The investigation could help determine how far up the ladder it went. I'm sure Bush was clueless about most things that went on in his Administration so that could likely be a basis for not charging him.

I'm sure if we go back and look we can find bad things that the military did during clinton's time in office. Should we charge him?

Old 02-04-2009, 09:36 AM

416 posts, read 710,531 times
Quote:
I'm sure if we go back and look we can find bad things that the military did during clinton's time in office. Should we charge him?
Should we investigate him? I think that's what's being called for currently wrt GWB.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:36 AM

Quote:
You don't have any reason to charge him, let alone investigate him.

If you find real one....by all means lets apply the law.

We have ample reason to investigate Bush Administration......Do you want the Rule of Law applied here or not?

Do you have the courage of your convictions to admit you don't want the guy held accountable for your own set of reasons???

That's really all I'm trying to get out of you.....to admit you have some argument why "your guy" as " good reasons" why he did what he did. ...and we should ignore the law.

Just stop the charade.

Last edited by padcrasher; 02-04-2009 at 09:45 AM..

Old 02-04-2009, 10:39 AM

4,906 posts, read 6,825,460 times
Quote:
If it comes out that laws were broken do you support accountability for crimes commitied?

Old 02-04-2009, 10:42 AM

4,906 posts, read 6,825,460 times
Quote:
They dug to China on Clinton all they could dig up was an intern.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies