Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-04-2009, 10:45 AM
 
Location: Harrisonville
1,843 posts, read 2,362,778 times
Reputation: 401

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
They dug to China on Clinton all they could dig up was an intern.
A nice plump one though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-04-2009, 10:45 AM
 
10,545 posts, read 13,537,048 times
Reputation: 2823
I didn't see anything in the article that exposes illegal behavior.

In addition, Congressional leaders were informed on these issues and are thus unlikely to be interested in investigations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2009, 10:49 AM
 
Location: New York, New York
4,906 posts, read 6,823,323 times
Reputation: 1033
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
I didn't see anything in the article that exposes illegal behavior.

In addition, Congressional leaders were informed on these issues and are thus unlikely to be interested in investigations.
John Conyers sure seems interested.
The Missing Memos - ProPublica
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2009, 10:55 AM
 
13,186 posts, read 14,922,989 times
Reputation: 4555
Rggr says............

""I didn't see anything in the article that exposes illegal behavior. ""



Nothing to see here folks.....move along....No possible illegal behavior here to investigate....move along.


The top Bush administration official in charge of deciding whether to bring Guantanamo Bay detainees to trial has concluded that the U.S. military tortured a Saudi national who allegedly planned to participate in the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, interrogating him with techniques that included sustained isolation, sleep deprivation, nudity and prolonged exposure to cold, leaving him in a "life-threatening condition."

"We tortured [Mohammed al-] Qahtani," said Susan J. Crawford, in her first interview since being named convening authority of military commissions by Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates in February 2007. "His treatment met the legal definition of torture. And that's why I did not refer the case" for prosecution."

Rggr....Here's hoping and praying you aren't in law enforcement....LOL....Lord knows what it would take to get you off the doughnut shop stool?

Last edited by padcrasher; 02-04-2009 at 11:14 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2009, 11:02 AM
 
54 posts, read 73,507 times
Reputation: 34
I have a feeling that between these increasing sorts of discoveries, and all the recent Bushies who will suddenly discover "integrity" (plus a big "tell-all" author's check), this is only the beginning of a growing tsunami of muck that'll make the Nixon years look positively wholesome...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2009, 11:31 AM
 
Location: Home, Home on the Front Range
25,826 posts, read 20,592,773 times
Reputation: 14813
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Unless of course there is a democrat in the WH, like Bubba.

HE actually committed perjury under oath - which was verifiable considering he was on tape doing it.

All you have, all you ever have against bush are baseless allegations with no evidence. But still, in your mind, that's all that is required.
Not so baseless:
Former Gitmo Prosecutor Breaks Silence About Torture | Rights and Liberties | AlterNet (http://www.alternet.org/blogs/rights/110420/former_gitmo_prosecutor_breaks_silence_about_tortu re/?comments=view&cID=1076464&pID=1075655 - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2009, 11:43 AM
 
Location: Turn Left at Greenland
17,763 posts, read 39,583,552 times
Reputation: 8243
Look at all the Wonderboy apologists twisting in the wind .... shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhroooom shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhrooooom ... bloody heck!!

If it's found that they authorized torture, regardless of who authorized it, Wonderboy, President Cheney or Mother Theresa ... they need to pay the piper.

Go Holder GO!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2009, 11:47 AM
 
472 posts, read 737,030 times
Reputation: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
Will justice be served to the Bush administration?

Details about more than three dozen secret memoranda written by Bush Administration officials now sit atop a chart created by a public interest reporting group. The memos track new details about dozens of secret Bush Administration legal positions on torture, detention and warrantless wiretapping.

Meanwhile, Obama's freshly-confirmed Attorney General Eric Holder told senators that he was open to declassifying White House legal memos if no support for their original classification could be found, signaling a likely showdown with former President George W. Bush over executive privilege.

The Raw Story | Dozens of secret Bush surveillance, executive power memos found; Could be made public

Bush surveillance?

That is disgusting!

WARNING: ADULT IMAGE BELOW















Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2009, 11:49 AM
 
Location: T or C New Mexico
2,600 posts, read 2,311,564 times
Reputation: 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Not so baseless:
Former Gitmo Prosecutor Breaks Silence About Torture | Rights and Liberties | AlterNet (http://www.alternet.org/blogs/rights/110420/former_gitmo_prosecutor_breaks_silence_about_tortu re/?comments=view&cID=1076464&pID=1075655 - broken link)
I heard on the news today cheney was defending the use of torture, and said that obama reversing many of the past admin. policies is a mistake, and that torturing was a proven effective method. (claims it saved lives) so, while he and bush officially denied torture tactics, it must be true that they authorized it if he is defending their policy of doing it. how much more proof does one need? but, a great link is provided in your post. seems like the ones that were supposed to keep bad things like these revelations out of the public eye are now coming to light. great post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2009, 12:06 PM
 
10,545 posts, read 13,537,048 times
Reputation: 2823
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Rggr says............

""I didn't see anything in the article that exposes illegal behavior. ""



Nothing to see here folks.....move along....No possible illegal behavior here to investigate....move along.


The top Bush administration official in charge of deciding whether to bring Guantanamo Bay detainees to trial has concluded that the U.S. military tortured a Saudi national who allegedly planned to participate in the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, interrogating him with techniques that included sustained isolation, sleep deprivation, nudity and prolonged exposure to cold, leaving him in a "life-threatening condition."

"We tortured [Mohammed al-] Qahtani," said Susan J. Crawford, in her first interview since being named convening authority of military commissions by Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates in February 2007. "His treatment met the legal definition of torture. And that's why I did not refer the case" for prosecution."

Rggr....Here's hoping and praying you aren't in law enforcement....LOL....Lord knows what it would take to get you off the doughnut shop stool?
It's never been any secret that we use isolation and sleep deprivation etc. I would want to know more about how this person reached the conclusion that there was a life-threatening condition" and what that was. If we did put someone in a 'life-threatening" situation, then someone needs to answer for that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:55 AM.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top