Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 06:26 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Thats all you can do is attack the methodology?
I'm not the one doing it - this organization is.

Quote:
The AAPOR's executive council said in a statement carried by the Associated Press news agency: "When asked to provide several basic facts about this research, Burnham refused."

It said it wanted to know the wording of questions asked and instructions and explanations given to respondents.

"Dr Burnham provided only partial information and explicitly refused to provide complete information about the basic elements of his research," said Mary Losch, chair of the association's standards committee.

She added that Dr Burnham's refusal to co-operate "violates the fundamental standards of science, seriously undermines open public debate on critical issues and undermines the credibility of all survey and public opinion research."
How can you judge the methodology when the fraud continues to hide it?

Quote:
By the way, neither U.S. government or Iraqi government figures can be considered remotely credible or accurate
Oh right, but a left-wing zealot with an agenda who is refusing to turn over his methodology to an entity governing his profession has all the credibility you will ever need, right?

Why is he refusing to comply?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2009, 06:54 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

Why is he refusing to comply?
I doubt the veracity of this accusation, thats all I can say.

Old 02-04-2009, 07:04 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,766,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Thats all you can do is attack the methodology?

I wish you were more specific sanrene. I see you can cut and paste right wing talking points, but unfortunately I dont see anything specific that undercuts the Lancet methodology, in fact, rather than having a tiny sample group, this was one of the only surveys to send people into harms way and do door to door questioning all across Iraq.

The reason its findings are higher is because it's likely the most accurate.

By the way, neither U.S. government or Iraqi government figures can be considered remotely credible or accurate

Also, you are correct,. in many ways Muqtada Al Sadr is a "freedom fighter" to Iraqis everywhere.
Ahem, what are YOU cutting and pasting, dude? AlterNet? Hah, give me a f-ing break!

And neither gubmint is credible, but AlterNet is? God, what a brainwashed fool you are, especially if you believe AlterNet, a left-wing org if there ever was one.

Get a life, will ya?

Old 02-04-2009, 07:22 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post
Ahem, what are YOU cutting and pasting, dude? AlterNet? Hah, give me a f-ing break!

And neither gubmint is credible, but AlterNet is? God, what a brainwashed fool you are, especially if you believe AlterNet, a left-wing org if there ever was one.

Get a life, will ya?

First off, I didnt post the article, someone else did. Secondly, AlterNet is entirely credible, but you miss the forest for the trees: Its not the website that really matters, its the story and the credibility of its reporting.

I dont know what a "left wing org" is, but I DO know that, to get the truth in this country, you have to seek out alternative media.

The mainstream stuff, and the lunatic fringe nonsense on FIXED News only misleads or distracts its viewers, and that is entirely by design.

Old 02-04-2009, 07:24 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
they killed 2,600 of our on 911.
i would say its even we can stop now.

Old 02-04-2009, 07:24 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,846,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
questionable methods of counting....

but hey, if it helps you in your Bush hatred, go for it.
Is everything partisan to you. Think bout it 5,000,000,000 orphans!

Old 02-04-2009, 07:25 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post

Get a life, will ya?
Okay, here's the way it went down...When we got to Iraq we were greeted with candy and flowers. Vampire Cheney's Haliburton built excellent living quarters for the troops and rebuilt all of the Iraqi homes that were destroyed during Bush's "shock and awe." Not one innocent Iraqi was killed, therefore leaving no orphans, widows or widowers. All of the expense of the illegal occupation was paid for by Iraqi oil revenues. During all of this time not one American soldier was injured or killed. The Green Zone was not exorbitantly built as the visiting dignitaries chose to live modestly while in Iraq and did not toss around footballs made of money. The money from the U.S. that went missing in Iraq was actually deposited in a bank account for Iraqi charities.
Blackwater was an upstanding, respectful, ethical and accountable organization that worked as a non profit.

Dont get a life...get a factual, realistic freakin' book or newpaper and try reading it!!! You are living in La La Land!

Old 02-04-2009, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
I'd love to see someone put out a number of Iraqis killed by fellow Muslims vs. by American soldiers. And dead terrorists can't be counted along with civilians.

But that wouldn't further the left agenda of hating Bush, so we'll probably never get that number.
We are only responsible for our actions. I thought you guys believed in self accountability.

Old 02-04-2009, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
1 million killed? Yeah right.
If you have more accurate numbers please share.

Old 02-04-2009, 07:30 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Liberals questioning the liberation of millions....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies