Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Agree With Actor Val Kilmer About Most Vietnam Vets: "Most (Vietnam Vets) guys were bord
yes 18 16.51%
no 84 77.06%
other 1 0.92%
not sure 6 5.50%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 10:17 PM

30,345 posts, read 51,930,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
I do not agree, and if my father was alive, he would probably kick val kilmars teeth in for saying that.

I also work with quite a few vietnam vets and they make in excess of 60k a year.
But did they make 60K (or the equivalent) before going to Vietnam? I don't think Val Kilmer is saying they are still "poor misfits," just that it described the typical guy who enlisted... still pretty rude for him to say, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2009, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justfarr1030 View Post
Wow, racists never dissapoint.
What does racism have to do with anything?

Old 02-04-2009, 10:19 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,846,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
if he wants to say that some are that way then fine. but to classify a whole group of people when he does not know the 1st darn thing about it.

he has his say alright, but keep the classification out of it.
I get your point. I did make assumptions and I apologize if I was wrong.

Old 02-04-2009, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by socal4now View Post
adding Val kilmer to my do not watch or add a penny to their income list and wow it is getting to be a long list!
No offense intended, but you just reminded me of my 92 year-old grandmother... she puts every actor on her "blacklist" who says anything offensive (in her opinion), so it's getting hard to find movies we can take her to. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with writing off an actor - lord knows I won't pay for a Mel Gibson movie anytime soon - but I try to reserve that for extreme & blatant cases. JMO.

Old 02-04-2009, 10:28 PM

1,806 posts, read 5,705,717 times
I don't boycott actors for their opinions...and Val happens to be quite talented...but I will continue to ignore the political Hollywood.

Old 02-04-2009, 10:47 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,194,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
But did they make 60K (or the equivalent) before going to Vietnam? I don't think Val Kilmer is saying they are still "poor misfits," just that it described the typical guy who enlisted... still pretty rude for him to say, though.
most people going into the military never did make 60k+ before they went into the military.

I took his comments as to say that vietnam veterans already out of the military are poor misfits, and his comments were totally inappropiate.

Old 02-04-2009, 11:14 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,166,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
I am so astonished on how conservatives always want to punish someone for executing their rights. Especially those of you that took the oath to protect those rights. You are the ones that protect it,except that even though you disagree with his points he is not being unpatriotic.
I am so astonished on how liberals always believe conservatives are not entitled to exercise their right to criticize or ignore others who execute their own rights in obnoxious fashion. That is, of course, unless it's a conservative whom they believe is exercising their rights in obnoxious fashion. Then all of a sudden it's "boycott Rush! Demand that Hannity be taken off the air!"

Hi there, Pot -- have you met Kettle yet? You two should get along marvelously.

Old 02-04-2009, 11:35 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,846,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
I am so astonished on how liberals always believe conservatives are not entitled to exercise their right to criticize or ignore others who execute their own rights in obnoxious fashion. That is, of course, unless it's a conservative whom they believe is exercising their rights in obnoxious fashion. Then all of a sudden it's "boycott Rush! Demand that Hannity be taken off the air!"

Hi there, Pot -- have you met Kettle yet? You two should get along marvelously.
I have never advocated for either. I believe let them speak, they only show who they really are. Which both are bad for America as they are anti american. Why do you think Liberals are painting Rush as the leader of the republican party?

Old 02-04-2009, 11:38 PM

1,956 posts, read 3,635,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Oh that is sick! And what's worse is his views are probably held by most actors, directors, and writers in Hollywood.
Wow, a pot meet kettle post on the first reply... That must be some kind of record.

Old 02-04-2009, 11:40 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,197,803 times
I have a total of 6 relatives who served in Vietnam and none of them were or are borderline criminal. Kilmer is just another overpaid, no talent actor talking out of his ass!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies