Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2009, 03:42 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,347,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
I will stick with the area that has most of the best medical professionals (Houston TX as well as other cities )
Huh? Really? Where did you come up with this made up opinion? In the Rankings of the top hospitals, only 3 or 4 are in the "Red States".

Quote:
Great Universities that produce just as much talent as the Ivy league (Duke, Emory, UT Austin, Vanderbilt, U North Carolina, Rice, Texas A&M etc.)
Sorry, but those are great schools in their own right, but certainly not in the class of Stanford, MIT, Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Cal Tech and The University of Pennsylvania. I had no chance at getting into any of those schools I just listed (including Penn, where I'm a legacy), but the ones you listed all offered me a scholarship except for Vandy.

Quote:
Economic centers that are much larger and important than half of those on your list (Houston, Dallas, Atlanta and Miami)
Sorry, but LA, Seattle, Chicago, Washington DC, Boston, NYC and The San Francisco Bay Area produce FAR more wealth than those cities.

Quote:
Many large companies (Home Depot, Coca Cola, Whole Foods, Shell, Wachovia, Dillards etc.)
I'll give you Coca Cola, but I don't want that junk poisoning me anyway and I haven't drank a soda since 1996.
I didn't say that ALL the best companies are based in the blue states, but that more of them are there than in the red states.
Wachovia went out of business and was saved by Wells Fargo...a company from San Francisco.
Shell is NOT an American company (It's called "The Royal Dutch Shell Company") and is headquartered in The Netherlands, the place with legal marijuana, euthanasia and prostitution.
Dillards, really? Wow...I think I'd prefer Nordstroms, Bloomingdales, Macy's, Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus.

Quote:
Most of the beef and chickens, can easily produce dairy and all other crops as we already do as well as pecans and oranges
Do you have any clue how much of this nation's food comes from California farms? But yeah, you could have all the mass produced junk, we'll take all the fruits (Apples, California Oranges, strawberries, pineapples, avocados, tomatoes, wine, grapes)

Quote:
Friendlier and less stressed out populace
Yeah, cause the stoners of the laid back parts of Calfornia, Wisconsin, Vermont, Washington, Oregon and Hawaii are so stressed out. I'll admit that Atlanta drivers are among the friendliest in the world, but certainly not the people of Houston or Dallas. And how friendly are people to you if you're not just like them in the south? Not too much. Ask Matthew Shepard...

Quote:
Most of the major International ports (Houston, New Orleans, Tampa, Savannah, Beaumont)
You'd take New Orleans? I've lived there and it's as far from Conservative as they come...
According to the BTS, the largest ports are mostly NOT in the red states (http://www.bts.gov/publications/americas_freight_transportation_gateways/introduction_and_overview/html/figure_01.html - broken link).

Quote:
Busiest airports (Atlanta and DFW)
LAX, SFO, Chicago O'Hare, Washington Dulles, Kennedy, LaGuardia, Logan, Newark. Yeah...

Quote:
Yeah, I think we will be just fine without all the welfare, tax and labor union culture that you guys have. Bye Danny.
Don't ever call me Danny.

Old 02-06-2009, 03:55 PM

5,238 posts, read 8,788,937 times
" Dear Liberals: We want a divorce"

I feel like I'm Tina listening to Ike. It's about time you abusive, malicious bastard. Where's the courthouse? Let's do this!

Old 02-09-2009, 12:38 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,618,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
"You're doing a heckuva job Brownie!"
Harriet Miers
Jeff Gannon

Yeah, Bush and friends really picked the best and brightest...
Yeah..and Obama is sure picking winners eh?

Old 02-09-2009, 01:24 PM

2,027 posts, read 4,208,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Yeah..and Obama is sure picking winners eh?
Point out which of Obama's appointees are on the same level of evilness as Karl Rove and Dick Cheney. I dare you.

Old 02-09-2009, 01:25 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,458,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangodoodles View Post
Point out which of Obama's appointees are on the same level of evilness as Karl Rove and Dick Cheney. I dare you.

You mean someone comparable to Elliott Abrams and Dick Feith? Impossible.

Old 02-09-2009, 01:34 PM

1,782 posts, read 3,940,127 times
leftydan- this is a response...not gonna multi quote:

1. Florida oranges beat California oranges any day of the week!
2. Shell might not be in the South, but Exxon-Mobil is.
3.Atlanta is the busiet passenger airport.... Memphis is the busiest overall airport (FedEx)... both in the South
5. The Matthew Shepard incident was Wyoming, not the South.

Old 02-09-2009, 02:30 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,117,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Just give me tahiti and I'll send both of you (sides) all a postcard....
Now there is pure genius.

Old 02-09-2009, 02:31 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,117,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangodoodles View Post

That will be hard to do since his initial appointees have to decline for some other illegal activity but give it time.

Old 02-09-2009, 02:38 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
i agree that was what the last election was all about. i did not like the direction you were taking our country. cost me some money but i wanted to file asap. i dont like being broke and honey, you have a spending habit. i can no longer afford you. our lawyers can talk about your 12 trillion dollar mastercard charges. thanks. ill take the dog if that is ok. you can have the kids they are pretty much disfunctional no work ethic no anything ethic.
see you in court. may the best lawyer win.

Old 02-09-2009, 02:42 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i dont like being broke and honey, you have a spending habit. i can no longer afford you.

You sound more like the spouse who maxed out the credit cards and now want out because the bread winner can't support you at the level that you previously enjoyed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies