Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 06:34 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,040,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
They are just pissed off because they got an ass whuppin in the election. Nobody cares really what they think anymore. We are trying to clean up their mess.
So your are saying they have a massive case of RED A disease!

Old 02-05-2009, 06:35 PM

416 posts, read 712,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3vault View Post
Don't know about that one..... Florida is a lot more conservative than people realize....

A constitutional ban on gay marriage AND civil unions passed here with 60% of the vote even in liberal areas, closer to 80-90% in conservative areas. That's more of a margin of passage for a gay marriage ban than most other areas...

The entire state gov't is Republican dominated even during this period of Republican;s being down on a national level....

Floridians have a hatred of taxes unmatched anywhere else in the country, check out Amendment 1 from a few years ago (07) for proof (80% or so approval for a tax cut even during a budget crisis)...

I say y'all can have Puerto Rico.... and Miami/ SE Florida, since many there seem to want to form another state anyway, but we keep the rest of Florida...
We'd like everything the government paid for, since you're against that.

Old 02-05-2009, 06:36 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unstable View Post
We'd like everything the government paid for, since you're against that.

Just not by paid for by your voter base...

Old 02-05-2009, 06:38 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,040,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
You libs would lose..Because conservatives pick the best and brightest people who are best able to do a job. Liberals on the other hand, Have to make sure that people who are not qualified or smart enough to do a job gets it anyway because a ladder company will fail if its not racially diverse...
Yeah a real world for all the conservative posters to thrive in! Corporations would flock there to build a base to do business with Asia, Africa, Middle East, South America etc etc. Great base for the global economy.

Old 02-05-2009, 06:39 PM

416 posts, read 712,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Just not by paid for by your voter base...
I don't have numbers handy but I think that the average Democrat pays more taxes than the average Republican. Anyone know?

Old 02-05-2009, 06:39 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I never quite understood why conservatives are so dead set against abortion when it is only the liberals who get them.

Back off for a couple of generations and there won't be any more liberals and the conservatives will have free run of everything.

Or is the truth of the matter that the conservatives secretly admire us and don't want us to go away?
CORRECTION Please! Let us get this one right! Conservatives do NOT oppose abortion!! Say that again a bit louder: CONSERVATIVES DO NOT OPPOSE ABORTION!!!
What conservatives oppose is women. Particularly the right of working class women to have any say over things that affect their lives- like having a baby they don't want and cannot afford. Conservatives see that as her rightful punishment for having sex. BUT when it comes to their own daughters getting knocked up, before abortion was legal, they would be on a plane to California, Kansas or New York to get the problem "taken care of".
And they don't give a damn about fetuses either. Hell, they don't give a damn about real children, much less unborn ones. Especially if the kid is poor, black or brown.

Old 02-05-2009, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
CORRECTION Please! Let us get this one right! Conservatives do NOT oppose abortion!! Say that again a bit louder: CONSERVATIVES DO NOT OPPOSE ABORTION!!!
What conservatives oppose is women. Particularly the right of working class women to have any say over things that affect their lives- like having a baby they don't want and cannot afford. Conservatives see that as her rightful punishment for having sex. BUT when it comes to their own daughters getting knocked up, before abortion was legal, they would be on a plane to California, Kansas or New York to get the problem "taken care of".
And they don't give a damn about fetuses either. Hell, they don't give a damn about real children, much less unborn ones. Especially if the kid is poor, black or brown.

Like the democrats and republicans alike vilified that woman that wanted 14 babies (with her own body)... octuplets added to her already living 6. Now all the sudden a woman's body isn't hers anymore. A core value of adjustment.

Old 02-05-2009, 06:45 PM

Quote:
I don't have numbers handy but I think that the average Democrat pays more taxes than the average Republican. Anyone know?
There is no box for democrat or republic on the year end tax forms except maybe for donations. However just going through this thread should verify for you which party is the one of entitlements. The point is people with egg on their face are pointing to the other folks with egg on their face saying, hey look they have egg on their face.

Old 02-05-2009, 06:45 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times
Quote:
Dear Conservatives: The people have spoken. Remember how much you cared about that, oh, four months ago? Yeah, a lot.

If you don't like this country I'm sure there are others that would take you.
I cannot think of any. Certainly not any advanced country like the UK or Canada. Maybe Hati would take them.

Old 02-05-2009, 06:46 PM

345 posts, read 643,189 times
Yeah...like a few people previously said...threads like these make it painful to be in the middle. I mean, in all honestly I lean somewhat to the left...but this thread makes me hate everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies