Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 09:51 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
I'm not sure she was from NY, was that in a different article? If she was from NY and flew to FL, then it's definitely a little strange. The whole story is a bit strange, as I have mentioned in these forums before, I volunteered at a clinic that did abortions up to 24 weeks. In the later term abortions, there were VERY strict guidelines that had to be followed after the laminara to dilate the cervix were put in... it would be pretty crazy for a doctor to not show up the morning of the procedure and not have a backup.

Also, the later term abortions are usually scheduled for laminara insertion a specific day of the week, with the procedures performed on a specific day as well... so I'd have to wonder what happened with the other people waiting for their procedure on that day?

There was a situation in NY years ago that involved a pro-life group planting things in the garbage of the clinic.

I can't see how the remains would be there for a entire week. Medical waste is usually picked up almost daily, if not every other day. If they were truly trying to cover something up, why would they just throw it somewhere where it could be found?
I'm sorry, but I can't find where I read that she flew from New York. When I first read the post this morning I used google to get more background, but when I went back to google just now, there are hundreds more hits than there was earlier, and several of the new stories have been updated. The information about her flying from New York, I may have confused with another story, or may not have come from a credible source. So I have to apologize to all of you here. I should have linked earlier this morning, then I could verify what I'd read earlier. Now I can't find it, so I'm going to have to accuse myself of spreading misinformation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2009, 09:55 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,663,385 times
Regardless of that, there are a few aspects that seem very off, mainly (to me), the discovery of these remains a week later. I'd like to hear both sides of the story.

Old 02-06-2009, 10:36 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Default Medical board revokes license of abortion doctor

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - A Florida agency has revoked the license of a doctor accused of medical malpractice in a botched abortion in which authorities say a live baby was placed in the trash.

Medical board revokes license of abortion doctor

Old 02-06-2009, 02:20 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,044,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - A Florida agency has revoked the license of a doctor accused of medical malpractice in a botched abortion in which authorities say a live baby was placed in the trash.

Medical board revokes license of abortion doctor
Which if that was the case, then he should get his medical license revoked. Not a point against abortion, just a point against an idiotic doctor.

Old 02-06-2009, 02:25 PM

3,301 posts, read 6,327,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metamucil View Post
"She came face to face with a sea-monkey and that changed everything"

the only thing more scary than this clip is people like you who want to insert their personal religious beliefs into my government.

Truly un-American.
Free speech goes both ways. It's sad that you think free speech is unAmerican. You did not have to visit this thread. It was your choice.

Old 02-06-2009, 03:18 PM

178 posts, read 361,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seamusnh View Post
Too bad. I know a few people that would have loved to adopt a baby...
then why are there so many kids in orphanages?

you people are all the same

Old 02-06-2009, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
Free speech goes both ways. It's sad that you think free speech is unAmerican. You did not have to visit this thread. It was your choice.
you did not have to read my comment. It was your choice... Just like abortion is and always will be in the good ol' USA.

PS if you don't like abortions move to an arab country, they're illegal there. That's what you get when you mix religious fanatacism
and gov't.

Thankfully the USA isn't like that. No matter how much close minded people like you try.

Old 02-06-2009, 03:28 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metamucil View Post
then why are there so many kids in orphanages?

you people are all the same
OH, another 'look at all the babies in orphanages' crap. There are no babies in orphanages. There are children in foster care, however. The majority of children in foster care are in process to be reunified with their parents. The children in foster care that are available for adoption are generally much older and have special needs regarding the types of homes they should be adopted into (such as no younger children, or needs a two parent home, etc..) and the type of care they need to receive. I was not able to provide that. Many people are, and do.
Besides, how do you seamusnh isn't an adoptive parent? I am, and not because I wanted to prove a political point. Gee, I am sure there are even pro choice people out there that also adopt 'you people are all the same' indeed.
Care to respond to the difference between a sea monkey and a premature infant yet? Or are you just going to throw out insults?

Old 02-06-2009, 03:36 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,737,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
OH, another 'look at all the babies in orphanages' crap. There are no babies in orphanages.

Really?

ORPHANAGE Free Link Page

Scroll to 'North America'. Then check out the ones with 'USA' next to them.

Old 02-06-2009, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Besides, how do you seamusnh isn't an adoptive parent? I am, and not because I wanted to prove a political point. Gee, I am sure there are even pro choice people out there that also adopt
I don't know seamonkey isn't an adoptive parent but that has absolutely nothing to do with it.

and that PC ppl adopt also has nothing to do with it.

bottom line: there's plenty of kids out there to adopt so the argument has no weight. why don't you work on the mess we have right now before we contribute to it more?

what should we do with all the eggs in fertility clinics that are frozen? should all the pro-lifers have them implanted so they can be hatched out like chickens? is that next?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies