Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 06:23 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
I agree, since abortion is legal it should be safe for everyone involved. There is no reason why something like this should've happened. I understand the doctor involved lost his license, I believe. What about the person who actually threw it away, did anything happen to him?
I certainly hope so.
There are a lot of questions in this story, I hope we get the answers. And I certainly hope that this is a case of something so rare that it has never happened before and will never happen again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2009, 06:34 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,566,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I certainly hope so.
There are a lot of questions in this story, I hope we get the answers. And I certainly hope that this is a case of something so rare that it has never happened before and will never happen again.
I know, but unfortunately this probably won't be the last time we hear of something like this. There are hacks everywhere who are just trying to make a quick buck. Con artists. And I don't understand it, there's so much information out there, it's legal, why would someone be reduced to this?

Old 02-06-2009, 06:47 PM

1,848 posts, read 4,684,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I for one appreciate what you are doing to bring to light our own T4 program. Unfortunately we have people like Ashley Judd running around with pro-abortion groups one day and boo hooing about wolves being killed in AK the next. How do you get through to someone like that?

Nobody is PRO Abortion - simply pro choice, the choice should be available should a woman find herself in any number of deplorable conditions that I am certain nobody could possibly relate to - because each story of abortion is unique.

Please do not compare intentional shooting of animals to a conflicted and hurting young woman who has to make a life changing desicion.

I doubt that many women walk into that clinic without a tear in their eye.

Old 02-06-2009, 06:50 PM

1,848 posts, read 4,684,084 times
Kafar and camping! - nice dialogue.

Old 02-06-2009, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr1039 View Post
Kafar and camping! - nice dialogue.
Thank you. This topic can get heated by I've come to respect camping so I think we're both trying to keep it civil & see eye to eye.

Old 02-06-2009, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Thank you. This topic can get heated by I've come to respect camping so I think we're both trying to keep it civil & see eye to eye.
I've come to respect you as well, karfar
And while it may appear that prochoice and prolife are two very opposite viewpoints, I truly believe that a compromise can be acheived with dialoge and mutual understanding.

Old 02-06-2009, 08:06 PM

Quote:
I know, but unfortunately this probably won't be the last time we hear of something like this. There are hacks everywhere who are just trying to make a quick buck. Con artists. And I don't understand it, there's so much information out there, it's legal, why would someone be reduced to this?
Remember the obgyn who carved his initials onto a womans belly after giving her a cesearian section? I tell you, doctors (and yes, police and lawyers) tend to cover for their own --- often until it is too late. I imagine that this is what happened here...a known bad dr that colleagues covered for one too many times.
I know that I often talk about smaller government and government intrusions into our lives but there are certain professions that make outside examination necessary. There is just too much to lose otherwise.

Old 02-06-2009, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Remember the obgyn who carved his initials onto a womans belly after giving her a cesearian section? I tell you, doctors (and yes, police and lawyers) tend to cover for their own --- often until it is too late. I imagine that this is what happened here...a known bad dr that colleagues covered for one too many times.
I know that I often talk about smaller government and government intrusions into our lives but there are certain professions that make outside examination necessary. There is just too much to lose otherwise.
What???? No, I don't think I ever heard that story.WTF? That is completely whacked...do you have a link to that story that I can read?

Old 02-06-2009, 10:14 PM

709 posts, read 1,498,462 times
I'm as pro-choice as it gets, but once the baby is physically autonomous it has a "negative" right to life, pure and simple. There's no rational way you can justify this...

But this shouldn't give any credence to the prohibition mongers out there!

Old 02-07-2009, 08:11 AM

Quote:
What???? No, I don't think I ever heard that story.WTF? That is completely whacked...do you have a link to that story that I can read?
Here you go.....

But on Sept. 8, the day after undergoing a Caesarean section that delivered a healthy girl, Dr. Gedz held a mirror up to her stomach in a recovery room and discovered that Dr. Zarkin had carved his initials, A. Z., into her abdomen.

Doctor Carved His Initials Into Patient, Lawsuit Says - New York Times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies