Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 12:07 PM

8,628 posts, read 9,133,134 times

Advertisements

Flex fuel technology. Wouldn't it be wonderful, pulling up to a gas station in a flex fuel car and having the choice of 3 fuels to choose from, gasoline, ethanol and methanol. A flex fueled car is a car that excepts those choices and any car can be retrofitted at a small cost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2009, 12:18 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,317,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
We should leave our domestic petroleum where it is and burn the other guy's first. We will need ours someday.
I agree, but what are your thoughts on decentralizing energy?

Would it destroy society everywhere?

YouTube - Car runs on water

Old 02-11-2009, 01:42 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,348,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
How about not burning anybody's oil anymore and using wind, water or waves to generate electricity and run automobiles. The long bumpy ride can begin now as we make our way up the learning curve of alternative energies or it can begin later when the last drop of crude is history. I am certain that paying later will be the harder way. Sadly that is probably the way the majority would like to see things go. There needs to be an immediate moratorium on anymore human reproduction. I'm serious about that. No more babies! For anyone. Starting right now.

H
Wind and water is unreliable, way better off to build NUK's. I will not have any more children.

Old 02-11-2009, 07:42 PM

1,843 posts, read 2,370,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
More lies and talking points from the far-left. We in this great country have abundant resources of oil and gas, offshore and within our shores that would provide energy for a lot longer than that.

Do you realize how ridiculous that claim is?

Nothing to say about it then?

Old 02-11-2009, 08:20 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,728,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I fought my way through cruxan's posts. His ideas are no better than his spelling. I suggest ignoring him.

Sanrene's concepts are simple and wrong.

We should leave our domestic petroleum where it is and burn the other guy's first. We will need ours someday.
is that your best idea brilliant!!!!!!! so you are suggesting that we just keep buying oil from countries that hate the usa .. and support terrorisim-- clean cheap sutainible energy is the key to our survival in a world with ramped [leagle]slavery!!! we will never be able to compete against china and india..... we need cheap long term solutions for energy imediatly!!!!! oil is going to surge- [if]-the econemy starts to rebound shoving us right back in the hole...... and each time we slip into the vortex it will be harder to get out.... dam you just sound like one of those people that say lets just wait to the disaster happends crisses management go the buisness as usual route attitude kinda person !!!!sombody better ring your bell!!!!we need-[longtermitus] not shorttermitus solutions for a failing econemy do u think that all those porkulous stimulous packages are going to save our econemy no they are not thats just throwing fire on fire cheap energy is the key to unlock our future economy..

Old 02-11-2009, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker_one View Post
does anyone else find it hard to take someone serious that cannot spell to save their life? geez
well thats just real smart!!!!!! if i was walking down the road and saw you get in a car accident and your car was on fire and you were trapped i should just keep on walking and let you burn!!! i can't spell i cant save your life .........that realy sounds smart..

Old 02-11-2009, 09:15 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,595,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
well thats just real smart!!!!!! if i was walking down the road and saw you get in a car accident and your car was on fire and you were trapped i should just keep on walking and let you burn!!! i can't spell i cant save your life .........that realy sounds smart..
The fact that you obviously can't spell makes you look bad. What's so hard to understand about that? (And cutting down on the emoticons might not be a bad idea, either).

Old 02-12-2009, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
The fact that you obviously can't spell makes you look bad. What's so hard to understand about that? (And cutting down on the emoticons might not be a bad idea, either).
spelling has nothing to do with good judgement and common sence well i guess if your were in that burnig car that i metioned i should leave you in their to.......darn that just do's not make sence..... i am shure that all those people that were in that plane crash in new york hudson bay did not care about all their rescuers being able to spell or not.... like they would be shouting out don't save me if you can't spell!!!!!! ....get real book worms!!!!!!!! what about all those educated greedy people that are in high office they brobably are good spellers to but are morons [lacking comon sence] look at this economy it's heading for a catastrophic collaps!!! and it was all created by good spellers... damn look at all those greedyparisitccockroach ceo's that gave themselves multi million dollar bonuses with bailout money that was inteded to stimulate the economy they probably were good spellers too... they make me sick to the stomach!!!! should i go on....maybe i should tell the next drownig victem i can' spell when they only have a couple of minuts to live !!!!!!!! ohhhh and i fixed the spelling and would recommend that you get some common sence..........no smilileys attached
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies