Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 09:30 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,567,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
That isn't the point of the thread... it is about Pelosi saying there will NOT be "ANY" pork in the bill... obviously that was a lie.... point of the thread is... Pelosi LIED about that... next time she wants to hold up her hands on TV and swear to something, take it with a grain of salt and then don't believe a word she said...
Lying, stealing, covering up...yada yada, happens w/BOTH parties unfortunately. Tis the way of american politics, not sure why you're so concerned about this pork when it's happened in the past w/your beloved conservatives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2009, 09:33 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Lying, stealing, covering up...yada yada, happens w/BOTH parties unfortunately. Tis the way of american politics, not sure why you're so concerned about this pork when it's happened in the past w/your beloved conservatives.
Yes it does happen on both sides and AGAIN, need I remind you to stay on topic.... the topic is... Pelosi LIED about it... it isn't about other dems or repubs... it is that Pelosi LIED about it... its nice to bring in other things to try to lessen Pelosi's lie but it doesn't lessen the fact that she held up her hand and promised no earmarks and that isn't true, its an outright lie...

Old 02-05-2009, 09:33 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,034,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
It certainly isn't limited to American politics... Compared to a lot of other countries, the Democrats and Republicans might as well be lovers..

Old 02-06-2009, 01:41 AM

1,956 posts, read 3,636,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootr View Post
Nancy Pelosi said: "I promise no pork in the stimulus package"

What a liar she is - and Obama calls her the Democrat's "ROCK". How stupid can she and the Messiah possibly be!

YouTube - CNN: Pelosi to Wolf Blitzer: I promise no pork in the stimulus
Considering how many lies you've posted on this board Kootr, at least she'll be in good company.

Old 02-06-2009, 02:29 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:

What a liar she is - and Obama calls her the Democrat's "ROCK". How stupid can she and the Messiah possibly be!

Watch the body language. She shakes her head "no" when Wolf asks, "Can you assure us that no pork barrel spending will be included in the final bill?", she continues to shake her head "no" when asked if she has the support to pass it and states again "There will be no earmarks in the economic recovery package that passes the house."

These are CLASSIC TELLS!

Old 02-06-2009, 08:11 AM

1,105 posts, read 2,734,102 times
Quote:
Why are people trying to sidetrack the topic? It says Pelosi swears NO EARMARKS will be in stimulus bill... she LIED... the penalty? Nothing... nice to swear when you have nothing to lose...
Seriously, can you specify what exactly is the pork? Or point out the earmarks? We've seen mentioned the digital TV converter boxes. Now, exactly which representative is that "pork" helping get re-elected?

To quote our president:

Quote:
So then you get the argument, well, this is not a stimulus bill, this is a spending bill. What do you think a stimulus is? That’s the whole point. No, seriously. That’s the point.

Old 02-06-2009, 08:21 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff2v View Post
Seriously, can you specify what exactly is the pork? Or point out the earmarks? We've seen mentioned the digital TV converter boxes. Now, exactly which representative is that "pork" helping get re-elected?
I never talked about re-election... I was talking about pork... as in using money for anything else besides what the bill was intended for.... and I doubt pork is defined as using money to help politicians get re-elected... now that we know what it is... you can go along your merry way now...

Old 02-06-2009, 08:25 AM

1,105 posts, read 2,734,102 times
Quote:
I never talked about re-election... I was talking about pork... as in using money for anything else besides what the bill was intended for.... and I doubt pork is defined as using money to help politicians get re-elected... now that we know what it is... you can go along your merry way now...
SO, in a stimulus bill, the point basically is to spend money to prop up the economy. Given that, what precisely in this bill has nothing to do with the government spending money to prop up the economy?

Not a trick question. This isn't a military funding bill where there's a line item giving $400,000 to build a community center in Topeka. The point of the bill is to spend money, and to spend it quickly. So what has nothing to do with spending money quickly?

Old 02-06-2009, 08:29 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
She should be tried for treason......

Old 02-06-2009, 08:31 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,045,989 times
Quote:

Does your recent silence on the birth cerificate issue indicate you are actually surrendering on that topic. How about your misleading thread title that states the Obama administration overpaid banks with TARP money when it was clearly the Bush administration in all articles that indicate the administration. The magic question as always is:
Should it be believed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies