Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 09:16 AM

1,788 posts, read 4,754,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58robbo View Post
hahahahahahahahaha! brilliant! now if we can just get some of those who have smoked a joint to get behind the boycott!
Problem with that is...Kellogg's makes FOOD PRODUCTS, and nobody is a better customer for food products than dopers with the munchies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2009, 09:17 AM

3,283 posts, read 5,206,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I support having cameras at every stoplight and even stop sign area.... I used to see people running red lights numerous times a day around my area, it has drop down considerably since they put cameras there and catch everyone... it works... I seen SO many accidents before but hardly anymore... Speeding cameras don't really work because everyone knows where they are... I was in a car of my uncle who drove 100 mph in a 55 mph zone and knew where every speed camera was located... he just slowed when he go to the area and speed up after... it was hella dangerous to do something like that... I think speed camera can cause more problems then solve.... I don't mind people things, as long as they do it intelligently.... and knowing that most of Americans are stupid... well... I don't think they could do it intelligently if we gave them the opportunity...

so you think that they don't have the opportunity to take drugs now? what planet are you living on

Old 02-06-2009, 09:21 AM

1,048 posts, read 2,387,771 times
Quote:
and i'm elvis
Dude, I have some bad news about your daughter's first marriage. you might want to sit down.

Old 02-06-2009, 09:24 AM

504 posts, read 902,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Worley View Post
Dude, I have some bad news about your daughter's first marriage. you might want to sit down.
yes and peanut butter is bad for you too..

Old 02-06-2009, 09:46 AM

4,049 posts, read 5,031,258 times
I'm so tired of the idiotic hypocrisy in this country. Anyone who thinks it's OK to enjoy alcohol in any way has no right to condemn anyone for enjoying marijuana.

Old 02-06-2009, 09:49 AM

1,048 posts, read 2,387,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
I'm so tired of the idiotic hypocrisy in this country. Anyone who thinks it's OK to enjoy alcohol in any way has no right to condemn anyone for enjoying marijuana.
Other than the small little detail of akkie-hol being leegul and da puff-puff il-leegul, I agree with you.

Old 02-06-2009, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I have bigger things to worry about.

that's too bad. i see this as a civil liberties issue. central to that issue is the attitude that people subscribe to which is that if something is a problem, get government to outlaw it! if you look at all the issues being discussed in our country at the moment, you will find that more and more the government is seen as the solution to all our problems. pick a topic and i can guarantee you in discussion with people you will see they they think more rules ought to be created and enforced.

take the green movement, animal rights people, the abortion people, the anti gun people, the religious right who want the 10 commandments to be law. you have the economists who think that these bailouts will solve everything blah blah blah. if we give in to all of these people what freedoms will we have left. the taliban is a good example.

Old 02-06-2009, 09:53 AM

4,049 posts, read 5,031,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Worley View Post
Other than the small little detail of akkie-hol being leegul and da puff-puff il-leegul, I agree with you.
Ya, that's the byproduct of this idiotic frenzy. It's a terrible one too, not only to people condemn pot smokers and then go home to drink a beer, but they lock pot smokers up in jail and then have a beer! Don't they realize how arbitrary the law is? Hypocritical morons!

Old 02-06-2009, 09:59 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,183,316 times
Quote:
that's too bad. i see this as a civil liberties issue. central to that issue is the attitude that people subscribe to which is that if something is a problem, get government to outlaw it! if you look at all the issues being discussed in our country at the moment, you will find that more and more the government is seen as the solution to all our problems. pick a topic and i can guarantee you in discussion with people you will see they they think more rules ought to be created and enforced.

take the green movement, animal rights people, the abortion people, the anti gun people, the religious right who want the 10 commandments to be law. you have the economists who think that these bailouts will solve everything blah blah blah. if we give in to all of these people what freedoms will we have left. the taliban is a good example.
The problems are that too many laws are being made to satisfy the likes and dislikes of people (whichever ones have power), instead of facts and evidence. So those who don't like weed want to make sure no one else will try it without legal consequences.
Some posts have already mentioned the types of people who have smoked without any damage to their brains. It seems that the motto of drug enforcement is; if drugs don't ruin your life, we can.

Old 02-06-2009, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post

And if a PRIVATE company doesnt want to pay someone who smokes weed to endorse thier product so be it. Companies have drug tests for all types of employees.

that's a valid point and i'm sure phelps knew that this would be contractual grounds for termination.

as far as i'm concerned kelloggs could've just let the contract run to termination (like they were probably going to do anyway) without the cheap pr stunt. in publicly voicing their dissatisfaction they have made an issue out of this and alienated some who are politically opposed to drug prohibition.

regarding weed being against the law, if it was up to people who subscribe to that theory, we'd still be paying taxes to the british throne!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies