Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 12:11 PM

2,600 posts, read 2,325,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Wow, where are the Hamas defenders? Oh, yeah -- facts have a nasty way of getting in the way of their propaganda.

Hamas is more interested in keeping the Palistinians starving, suffering and dying -- it makes for much better fundraising copy that way, no?
I usually have disagreement with most of your posts, but this one I will agree with you on! great point of view.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2009, 12:13 AM

998 posts, read 1,332,616 times
Quote:
Wow, where are the Hamas defenders? Oh, yeah -- facts have a nasty way of getting in the way of their propaganda.
As far as I know the whole issue was misunderstanding because the use of non-UN trucks which caused Hamas to feel that UN was distributing these goods unfairly, once the misunderstanding was clear, the goods were returned to UN, it is a good thing they returned them which shows they did not plan to distribute them on themselves else they would have been gone already, unlike Israel who did not return what they stole so far because they built so many settlements, in a clear sign they have no intention to return what they stole.

Old 02-09-2009, 12:29 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highdesertmutz View Post
It sure is looking more and more like Hamaas is a rogue group of people. Stealing supplies that was meant for the palestinian peoples. I didn't want to call the hamaas organization terrorists, just to be politically correct. I'd like to know when the UN is going to finally wake up? What should happen in this situation is the UN should send peace keepers into gaza, and arrest the people who are launching rockets into israel, but we all know how gutless they really are.
So now it's the UN's fault for not arresting these criminals and, I assume, read them their rights? What then?

Old 02-09-2009, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
So now it's the UN's fault for not arresting these criminals and, I assume, read them their rights? What then?
Yes the UN should start arresting these criminals; starting from those criminals who stole land in 1948
Ohhh....most of those criminals are now lying stone cold in their purgatory

Old 02-09-2009, 05:13 AM

403 posts, read 1,190,465 times
Quote:

Hamas is more interested in keeping the Palistinians starving, suffering and dying -- it makes for much better fundraising copy that way, no?
LOL@ facts.........yes because the JERUSALEM Post is obviously the most unbiased source of news

No one is defending Hamas when their wrong, but let's not act like Israel doesn't have a history of provoking them either.

Old 02-09-2009, 07:31 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by braderjoe View Post
As far as I know the whole issue was misunderstanding because the use of non-UN trucks which caused Hamas to feel that UN was distributing these goods unfairly, once the misunderstanding was clear, the goods were returned to UN, it is a good thing they returned them which shows they did not plan to distribute them on themselves else they would have been gone already, unlike Israel who did not return what they stole so far because they built so many settlements, in a clear sign they have no intention to return what they stole.
Ah, yes --- a misunderstanding. How simple! And look, Hamas gave the supplies back, and I am sure that all the bad press surrounding the incident had nothing to do with it.

As I said repeatedly, Hamas is more interested in the press it receives then the people it is supposed to serve.

Old 02-09-2009, 07:33 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nauticadon View Post
LOL@ facts.........yes because the JERUSALEM Post is obviously the most unbiased source of news

No one is defending Hamas when their wrong, but let's not act like Israel doesn't have a history of provoking them either.
Yep, those damn Israelis keep breaking the cease fire. OH, my bad -- that would be Hamas

I am not supporting Israels inaction to their 'settlers'. Imo, those religious nuts are criminals and should be dragged off that land. Perhaps the Israelis and Palestinians would be much better off if both sides got rid of their religious idiots. Then there just might be peace in the middle East.

Old 02-09-2009, 07:45 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Quote:
Yep, those damn Israelis keep breaking the cease fire. OH, my bad -- that would be Hamas

I am not supporting Israels inaction to their 'settlers'. Imo, those religious nuts are criminals and should be dragged off that land. Perhaps the Israelis and Palestinians would be much better off if both sides got rid of their religious idiots. Then there just might be peace in the middle East.
You are right. Religious idiots are making thing worse on both sides. But for the Palestinians to allow Hamas to do what they have done for years and never go against them and even support them by sending their kids to Hamas as homocide bombers...is worse. Israeli religion idiots never send their kids to harm others or to blow others up.....

http://thepeoplescube.com/red/viewtopic.php?t=2795

Last edited by bentlebee; 02-09-2009 at 07:58 AM..

Old 02-09-2009, 06:55 PM

2,600 posts, read 2,325,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
As much as I hate to admit it, people who perform terrorist acts do have rights, or do they? yes, jailed them till a fair trial is arranged, and if convicted, prison time.
but, you and I are seemingly adults, and we know this might never happen. we're realists. isn't it the UN whom is banging the drum about human rights for palestinians? if this is true, why don't they offer to step in and take control of gaza. this is why I called the UN gutless, they're all talk, and no action. they want to get involved, but don't want to get their hands dirty. the palestinian people need aid, and they need help, but they're not going to receive any unless hamaas is neutralized, either by force, or by negotiation.

Old 02-09-2009, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highdesertmutz View Post
As much as I hate to admit it, people who perform terrorist acts do have rights, or do they? yes, jailed them till a fair trial is arranged, and if convicted, prison time.
but, you and I are seemingly adults, and we know this might never happen. we're realists. isn't it the UN whom is banging the drum about human rights for palestinians? if this is true, why don't they offer to step in and take control of gaza. this is why I called the UN gutless, they're all talk, and no action. they want to get involved, but don't want to get their hands dirty. the palestinian people need aid, and they need help, but they're not going to receive any unless hamaas is neutralized, either by force, or by negotiation.
It would also help in the UN's decisions if the Israelis do not keep 'accidentally' shelling or firing into UN safe-areas like had happened in Lebanon and Gaza
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies