Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 02:05 PM

114 posts, read 180,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
I see, so you're of the mindset of "let's just ignore it & do nothing". Typical.
So you re saying that the sky is falling and we need to support the stimulus package?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2009, 02:08 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
Since Obama is the Messiah, I guess he has foreseen the future!
He doesn't need to be a Messiah to foresee problems ahead. He just needs to keep his head out of the sand (where Bush kept his) and not deny that there is a problem.

Employment Situation Summary

Old 02-06-2009, 02:10 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,529,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Especially considering this quote of his from his inaugural address:

"We have chosen hope over fear."

To now:

"A failure to act, and act now, will turn crisis into a catastrophe."

As long as he's not threatening to declare martial law if it's not passed (something that Dubya was going to do if the package in Sept was not passed).
That one only helped out the banks and did nothing for the common man. The banks used it to give out bonuses and take vacations and buy other banks, not forgive or work with loans that were in a forclosure process.

Old 02-06-2009, 02:11 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,567,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triton74 View Post
So you re saying that the sky is falling and we need to support the stimulus package?
I don't know, did I say that? Something needs to be done, at least he's getting off his ass & doing something about it rather than relaxing back in his chair & pawning it off on others.

Old 02-06-2009, 02:14 PM

266 posts, read 402,540 times
Quote:
I don't know, did I say that? Something needs to be done, at least he's getting off his ass & doing something about it rather than relaxing back in his chair & pawning it off on others.
I don't recall any stimulus money in the last recessions, why start now?

Old 02-06-2009, 02:15 PM

1,478 posts, read 5,084,859 times
Quote:

To now:

Because he lacks his predecesor's skill in the art of subtle persuasion?

I'll admit I'm biased, I like Obama. But there is a difference between fear-mongering and interating the urgency of a situation. And few people can claim that he is wrong in that quote.

Old 02-06-2009, 02:54 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times
Quote:
I see, so you're of the mindset of "let's just ignore it & do nothing". Typical.
yes, and then they'd complain that Obama did nothing.
I don't need Obama to instill fear in me. My friends and neighbors losing their jobs is enough for me.

Old 02-06-2009, 03:07 PM

114 posts, read 180,454 times
Quote:
Well, just a reminder that he is the one that got on the phone for the last bailout to gather support for it. And the same tactic was applied---people were told that if it didn't pass, disaster would come, blah blah blah. Hell, noody knows where that money went....so how did the first bailout help the economy?And why is obama again instilling fear about passing this second stimulus plan?

“Here are the facts: For two weeks I was on the phone everyday with [Treasury] Secretary [Henry] Paulson and the congressional leaders making sure that the principles that have been ultimately adopted were incorporated in the bill,” Obama said.
http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2008/0...-bailout-deal/

Old 02-06-2009, 03:09 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,568,283 times
Quote:

To now:

I think you are confusing fear with plain old honesty.

Old 02-06-2009, 04:54 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,740,833 times
Right on, crb. Reagan said homeless people didn't exist. Would you want Obama saying that? As crb says, honesty is needed and it should be scary so that the government will do the right thing by helping create jobs for the many hurting families.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies