Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 07:04 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,766,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Iraq: A shocking number from a study about the extent of civilian deaths during the war got a lot of attention. Too bad that further evidence indicating the figure is wildly inaccurate will go largely unnoticed.

<snip>

Anthony Cordesman of the nonpartisan Center for Strategic and International Studies believed the figures were "almost certainly" too high. "This is not analysis," he said. "This is politics."
Amazing/amusing what the anti-war crowd will take and run with, isn't it? They think, they claim, they even swear the US troops are killing and/or maiming any Iraqi that gets in their way. And they do all this attributing from their keyboards. IBDeditorials.com: Editorials, Political Cartoons, and Polls from Investor's Business Daily -- Dead Wrong Data (http://www.ibdeditorials.com/IBDArticles.aspx?id=318815414401740 - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2009, 07:12 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,482,098 times
The anti-war crowd and the media will take a different tone with Barack in office.

They won't inflate numbers anymore.

They will deflate war statistics ( spin the truth ) to make their liberal President look like a God and a military genius.

Old 02-06-2009, 07:17 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Oh, they're fine over there in Iraq, those crybabies.

Old 02-06-2009, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Oh, they're fine over there in Iraq, those crybabies.
Things are improving in Iraq, and they were before Obama was elected. So, we'll get to pull out eventually.

But, war is still being fought in Afghanistan. Barack will have to deal with it and make decisions. If you are so against war of any kind, you'd better be letting your leaders know how you feel. And, if you disagree with Obama's upcoming policies in Afghanistan, if aggressive, I hope you will bash him.

Old 02-06-2009, 07:30 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
i strongly agree also i do not think there is any such thing as global warming and that in fact bin laden is alive and well in bagdad sitting on a huge pile of WMD. also there is no recession in the united states nor any so called illegal immigrant problem. by the way i am sending my 30 year old kid to hawaii again this year ooppps gota run my wife wants the phone.

Old 02-06-2009, 08:57 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,628,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i strongly agree also i do not think there is any such thing as global warming and that in fact bin laden is alive and well in bagdad sitting on a huge pile of WMD. also there is no recession in the united states nor any so called illegal immigrant problem. by the way i am sending my 30 year old kid to hawaii again this year ooppps gota run my wife wants the phone.
You called everything correctly, except the thing about your wife.

Old 02-06-2009, 09:09 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,437,415 times
The people I have spoken to who have loved ones in Iraq and the surrounding areas are frightened for their loved ones and if you get a chance to speak with them about it, the military men have a whole other story to tell about what is going on over in Iraq. Sort of smacks of suppression of the realities. Sort of like not allowing pictures to be taken when the caskets come back.

Old 02-06-2009, 09:20 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,431,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post
Amazing/amusing what the anti-war crowd will take and run with, isn't it? They think, they claim, they even swear the US troops are killing and/or maiming any Iraqi that gets in their way. And they do all this attributing from their keyboards. IBDeditorials.com: Editorials, Political Cartoons, and Polls from Investor's Business Daily -- Dead Wrong Data (http://www.ibdeditorials.com/IBDArticles.aspx?id=318815414401740 - broken link)
The Investors Business Daily is right wing poppycock...only surpassed by the buffoons who believe what they say.

Here's an IBD editorial, documented by Media Matters, in which they ask.."Would Obama put African tribal or family interests ahead of U.S. interests?" ..

Media Matters - Investor's Business Daily : "Would Obama put African tribal or family interests ahead of U.S. interests?"

Old 02-06-2009, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
The people I have spoken to who have loved ones in Iraq and the surrounding areas are frightened for their loved ones and if you get a chance to speak with them about it, the military men have a whole other story to tell about what is going on over in Iraq. Sort of smacks of suppression of the realities. Sort of like not allowing pictures to be taken when the caskets come back.
Lindsey,

People in Iraq are able to vote now. They have voted.

It may be scary, I wouldn't doubt that, but they are on their way to their own independence from dictators. I think that they will pull themselves up and decide for themselves how to prosper. I don't think that they will start wars. They will defend themselves from countries interested in dominating them. They will pull together and hold dearly their freedom.

Ugly: Caskets come; but no one gets freedom for free.

More caskets came from Sadams genocidal dictatorship.

Old 02-07-2009, 09:47 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
The anti-war crowd and the media will take a different tone with Barack in office.

They won't inflate numbers anymore.

They will deflate war statistics ( spin the truth ) to make their liberal President look like a God and a military genius.
Yes, suddenly that Obama is running this war, all is good about it. No more complaints, no more anti-war types insisting we get out of Iraq. In fact I'm sure most who were previously anti-war now see it as a great economic stimulus that Obama should keep going if he pleases.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies