Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 08:01 AM

3,210 posts, read 4,614,204 times

Advertisements

I am sick sick sick sick sick sick sick sick sick sick sick of hearing about "race".

I am sick of being told becuase I think Latino immigrants deserve to be here and treated with human dignaty, I am a "anti-white LA Raza loving, racist"

I am sick of being told becuase it's not my job to support lazy, violent thugs with my tax dollars, I am a "Klansman"

I am sick of being told that If I don't think this way or that way, I am a racist.

Don't want to live next to people of color? Go back to Europe

Don't like mean ol' whitey telling you a job is critical to self-respect? Go back to Africa

Don't like having to learn English? Go back to whereever....

When oh when will someone stand up and say "You know what? We're all in this together?" This site has become a cesspool of "Illegals took my jobs!!!111!!" and "Whitey is hatin on me!!!111!!"

Dear goodness....Sorry....I just had to get that off my chest....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2009, 08:06 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,558,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzles View Post
I am sick sick sick sick sick sick sick sick sick sick sick of hearing about "race".

I am sick of being told becuase I think Latino immigrants deserve to be here and treated with human dignaty, I am a "anti-white LA Raza loving, racist"

I am sick of being told becuase it's not my job to support lazy, violent thugs with my tax dollars, I am a "Klansman"

I am sick of being told that If I don't think this way or that way, I am a racist.

Don't like mean ol' whitey telling you a job is critical to self-respect? Go back to Africa

When oh when will someone stand up and say "You know what? We're all in this together?" This site has become a cesspool of "Illegals took my jobs!!!111!!" and "Whitey is hatin on me!!!111!!"

Calm down. Take a deep breath. I understand a share many of your feelings. I'm not sure how the "illegal" reference ended up in a post about 'race'.(illegals aren't a 'race'....they're a 'status')....but otherwise, I agree and share your sentiments.

Old 02-08-2009, 10:50 AM

1,843 posts, read 2,371,004 times
Quote:

Here's a few thoughts that may help you to find moderation and temperence in your feelings. Once upon a time, an ambitious politician by the name of James Knox Polk ran for the Presidency on a platform that among other things he would double the size of the United States. He was elected and kept his promise by seizing half of Mexico in a war of conquest and acquisition. We had no gripe with them, we just wanted their land. This included all of the most economically prosperous territories, leaving Mexico with its poorest and most economically sedentary regions. The territory that became part of the USA in that war had been recognized as owned by the inhabitants under the Spanish Land Grant system for about 350 years, much longer than the US had existed.

Remember this when you hear the rhetoric of righteous indignation about "illegals" invading "our country". How dare they?

Old 02-08-2009, 11:20 AM

870 posts, read 1,627,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatchance2005 View Post
Here's a few thoughts that may help you to find moderation and temperence in your feelings. Once upon a time, an ambitious politician by the name of James Knox Polk ran for the Presidency on a platform that among other things he would double the size of the United States. He was elected and kept his promise by seizing half of Mexico in a war of conquest and acquisition. We had no gripe with them, we just wanted their land. This included all of the most economically prosperous territories, leaving Mexico with its poorest and most economically sedentary regions. The territory that became part of the USA in that war had been recognized as owned by the inhabitants under the Spanish Land Grant system for about 350 years, much longer than the US had existed.

Remember this when you hear the rhetoric of righteous indignation about "illegals" invading "our country". How dare they?
ridiculous. land has changed hands several times throughout history. much of it happened through wars. if we need to fight a war with mexico over this land of OURS they are invading...then so be it. they will be demolished.

Old 02-08-2009, 11:29 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times
Quote:

Until "they" conquer us... they will be illegals.... in war, there are winners and losers... stop being a bitter loser...

Old 02-08-2009, 12:42 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,558,314 times
Quote:
This included all of the most economically prosperous territories, leaving Mexico with its poorest and most economically sedentary regions. The territory that became part of the USA in that war had been recognized as owned by the inhabitants under the Spanish Land Grant system for about 350 years, much longer than the US had existed.

Look, I LIVE on a Spanish land grant (it was ONCE 11,000 acres...now it's six).....and I'm married to one of the "natives"...but come ON here...Mexico lost its "most prosperous areas"? The Mexicans barely PENETRATED the place! South Texas....the very FRINGE of the California coast...a few isolated valleys in New Mexico/Colorado? THESE were Mexico's "best lands"?? They were lucky to HEAR from Mexico once a year....Here in California, the Mexicans only HAD the place for about 25 years...before that, they "stole" it from Spain...(who 'stole' it from my in-laws).

Mexico's "best land" in MY opinion is, and was, the Valle de Mexico and the highly-developed 'heart' of the nation...not a few neglected far-flung outposts and empty desert. And you're trying to equate the loss of THIS area with some sort of "birthright" now for illegals arriving from Michoacan, Jalisco, Campeche, and points south?. Man is THAT a stretch.!!

It's not like the gringos "stole" the Golden Gate Bridge and the California Aqueduct and Boulder Dam....the place was scarcely TOUCHED by the Mexicans. Believe me, I LIVE on what's left of it.

That "illegals have a claim on the place" line DOES get tiresome, I have to say.

Old 02-08-2009, 12:51 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,863,294 times
Quote:

For someone sick of hearing about race as you say, your post is about nothing but race. Maybe you could "sweep around your own doorstep". Using the term "whitey" is bigoted as well. Maybe you should try to deal with you own internal race issues.

Old 02-08-2009, 01:05 PM

659 posts, read 1,085,699 times
Quote:

For someone who is sick of hearing about race, you sure are the one to perputuate it. If you don't want to hear about it, don't talk about it and ask the people around you to have the courtesy to do the same. Getting on a message board, starting a thread, and ranting about "race this", "race that" and "go back to [insert here]" is going to do nothing but spark a debate about race and perputuate what you hate. I know your smarter than that.

Old 02-08-2009, 02:31 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,607,468 times
Quote:

Regardless of what the situation was in 1845, the year Polk took office--or even in 1849, when he left office--that land is part of the United States today. Or are you advocating that it be returned to Mexico with all possible haste?

And, for that matter, I take it that you are familiar with the slogan "54-40 or fight." When this country started acquiring land west of the Louisiana Purchase territories, we took land that had been British, too. Shall we now bestow another province or two on Canada, as well?

Old 02-08-2009, 09:36 PM

1,782 posts, read 3,942,377 times
Quote:

Mmmhmmm..... following that reasoning, all territory ever conquered by anyone else should be returned to the original owners?..

So we "stole" the land from Mexico, who "stole" the land from Spain, who "stole" the land from the Aztecs and other Native Americans....

Seriously, following that logic the only part of the USA that wasn't "stolen" is Alaska, since we paid for that in a fair deal instead of pressuring or attacking someone.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies