Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 10:16 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,566,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by braderjoe View Post
Ignorance is bliss. Delusion is deadly
Well you do appear to be a "Legend in your own mind" and facts are pointless...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2009, 10:23 PM

998 posts, read 1,332,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
Glad you served.

War though is like checkers, one move at a time is what wins. All those places are just little moves on a big board. Sometimes you lose a few checkers to gain a king.

Like I said, I don't like war, but there are those that are willing to attack us. We had the same mindset when Pearl Harbor was attacked.."Don't get involved"
I would just luv to hear your opinion about the Israeli attack on the USS Liberty

Old 02-09-2009, 10:23 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,476,501 times
Quote:
There has been quite a few "9/11's" in the world because of people didn't think they would happen in the first place if they put their head in the sand and pretended they didn't notice the bad guys are there...
Yes there have been many 9/11s...Mexico City, Manila, Dresden, Hamburg, Hiroshima. Nagasaki, No Gun Ri, Hanoi, My Lai, East Timor, El Mozote, Beirut, Panama City, Baghdad, Fallujah. It's just that you and the other first-grade believers in the infantile concept of "good guys" and "bad guys" haven't noticed that it's usually the United States and its "friends" that are on the delivering end of the 9/11s rather than the receiving end. For once we got a taste of our own medicine, but it doesn't seem to have taught us much.

So let me turn it around: why are our atrocities ok, while theirs are "war crimes" or "terrorism"? Because they are "bad guys"? LMFAO. What a dick.

Last edited by djacques; 02-09-2009 at 10:55 PM..

Old 02-09-2009, 10:27 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times
Quote:

Like I said, I don't like war, but there are those that are willing to attack us.
No one disputes that, but that is hardly relevant to the issue at hand, which is the cost in American lives for invading Iraq.

Quote:
We had the same mindset when Pearl Harbor was attacked...."Don't get involved"....
I'm not sure where you are trying to go with the Pearl Harbor analogy. Isolationism isn't what brought us into the war and I'm not sure how declaring a preemptive war with Japan considering the state of the American economy and military preparedness would have been possible. So, help me out on this one.

Quote:
Saddam's attack on Kuwait wasn't a direct attack on America either,
I had no problem with the Gulf War, I fully supported it but not because it was to insure American freedoms or what not.

By the way, geo-political warfare was more like chess, and unfortunately too many of my friends and, myself included, were just used as pawns. So, again, the Col Natan Jessup's argument just doesn't hold much water outside of a recruiting office.

Old 02-09-2009, 10:29 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,458,172 times
Well lets see those were reactionary... I learned that around 1st grade maybe you didn't. Yes even Baghdad.... Or how long do you give someone thumbing their nose at everyone else around the world while they destroy their own people. No need to answer your anti Americansim speaks for itself.

Old 02-09-2009, 10:31 PM

998 posts, read 1,332,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Well lets see those were reactionary... I learned that around 1st grade maybe you didn't. Yes even Baghdad.... Or how long do you give someone thumbing their nose at everyone else around the world while they destroy their own people. No need to answer your anti Americansim speaks for itself.
Huh? What he speakum kimosabe?

Old 02-09-2009, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post

I had no problem with the Gulf War, I fully supported it but not because it was to insure American freedoms or what not.
Then you should have had no problems with any of the cold war reactions... They were all exactly the same in aggression...

Old 02-09-2009, 10:37 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
DOD has made a fortune in the iraq war. i doubt very seriously this has been a good use of american lives nor a good use of american money. the enemy is in pakistan and has been for some time. bin laden is still at large. those responsible for 911 inc those in detainment need to be executed. mr bin laden needs to be found and executed.

Old 02-09-2009, 10:37 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Then you should have had no problems with any of the cold war reactions... They were all exactly the same in aggression...
Cold war reactions? What is that some sort of flu? Would you mind terribly writing complete thoughts instead of these encrypted notes?

Old 02-09-2009, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Cold war reactions? What is that some sort of flu? Would you mind terribly writing complete thoughts instead of these encrypted notes?
You are being condescending because you created a conundrum for yourself by saying you didn't mind the Gulf War. Well that's assuming you have the slightest of clues about the Cold War time line and all the countries involved in it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies