Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 01:42 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,307,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
Would that be the 6 years that saw the biggest increase in the economy? Until..hmm....I wonder what happened in the last two years of Bush's term.
The lousy policies of the previous years finally caught up with us - while Congress was tied up in deadlock and the President was asleep at the wheel and didn't even see it coming (he certainly didn't do anything to avoid it until the crises FORCED him to act).

It's pretty simple really.

"The American economy is the envy of the world, and we need to keep it that way," Bush said, conceding that "I'm not an economist'' but maintaining that he sees strong basic indicators in the state of the economy. "The fundamentals of our economy are strong. ... Job creation is strong. Real after-tax wages are on the rise. Inflation is low." - George Bush - August, 2008

Bush: 'Fundamentals of our economy are strong': The Swamp

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2009, 01:44 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,452,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Anywhere else, if this is tried, it's called STEALING.
So you're saying that you're not willing to pay your share of the costs of running the country, is that it? You'll take all the benefits and stuff, but when it comes to paying for them, you're just going to lay that part off on all the rest of us, have I got that right?

Old 02-09-2009, 01:58 PM

172 posts, read 278,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Sure it does. That's why you've been pleading with Congress to raise taxes all these past eight years...
Wow, you're actually right this time. I have been pleading with congress to raise taxes for the past 8 years! We also need to cut spending!

It's quite simple really.....

Q. Don't make enough to pay the bills?

A. Get another job, cut spending.

Old 02-09-2009, 02:01 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,452,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mo's View Post
Wow, you're actually right this time. I have been pleading with congress to raise taxes for the past 8 years! We also need to cut spending!
And do you advocate that same policy under the conditions we face today?

Old 02-09-2009, 02:02 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,470,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
I'll never understand the alternative: how the government has the right to confiscate more wealth from those who earn it, and give it to those who haven't. How does that stimulate the economy? Anywhere else, if this is tried, it's called STEALING.
Marginal Propensity to Consume.

Old 02-09-2009, 02:04 PM

2,600 posts, read 2,321,178 times
Obama the boy who is crying wolf now?
I doubt it, seems I heard many boys crying wolf in the last administration. sometimes people have a short, very short memory.

Old 02-09-2009, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
And do you advocate that same policy under the conditions we face today?
Absolutely!

Among other alternatives which would create jobs and put American's back to work.

Old 02-09-2009, 02:07 PM

2,600 posts, read 2,321,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mo's View Post

It's quite simple really.....

Q. Don't make enough to pay the bills?

A. Get another job, cut spending.
raise taxes? even on single people? don't they pay higher income taxes than couples?

Old 02-09-2009, 02:08 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,205,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
Would that be the 6 years that saw the biggest increase in the economy? Until..hmm....I wonder what happened in the last two years of Bush's term.
Show me a meaniful link to back up your claim. I'm not talking a link from the Heritage Foundation or FAUX News. The Jobs Bush did create was nothing to write home about.

Old 02-09-2009, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highdesertmutz View Post
raise taxes? even on single people? don't they pay higher income taxes than couples?

Relative across the board tax increases. You want your big Goverment but you don't want to pay for it......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies