Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 05:14 AM

1,653 posts, read 4,295,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Out of curiosity, what kind of medical professional are you?
Pharmacist
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2009, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetweenYouMeAndTheLampost View Post
That's correct, and it is shared with other medical agencies in case you change medical plans and also shared with life insurance companies. I forget what it is called, but I learned about it in an insurance agent class 20 years ago. Bet it's even more sophisticated now.
That is the way it should stay, shared between medical insurance companies, not managed with the government. I for one do not want big brother managing my medical records or my families. They have no buisness taking this over.

They will be telling us what tests we can have, what RX's we can take,etc. or the hospitals will risk losing funding. People better speak up on this one.

Old 02-10-2009, 03:41 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,861,563 times
This is NOT just about medical records of EVERY American being in a government database....

Quote:
The bill’s health rules will affect “every individual in the United States” (445, 454, 479). Your medical treatments will be tracked electronically by a federal system. Having electronic medical records at your fingertips, easily transferred to a hospital, is beneficial. It will help avoid duplicate tests and errors.
But the bill goes further. One new bureaucracy, the National Coordinator of Health Information Technology, will monitor treatments to make sure your doctor is doing what the federal government deems appropriate and cost effective. The goal is to reduce costs and “guide” your doctor’s decisions (442, 446). These provisions in the stimulus bill are virtually identical to what Daschle prescribed in his 2008 book, “Critical: What We Can Do About the Health-Care Crisis.” According to Daschle, doctors have to give up autonomy and “learn to operate less like solo practitioners.”
Quote:
Hospitals and doctors that are not “meaningful users” of the new system will face penalties. “Meaningful user” isn’t defined in the bill. That will be left to the HHS secretary, who will be empowered to impose “more stringent measures of meaningful use over time” (511, 518, 540-541)
Bloomberg.com: Opinion

Old 02-10-2009, 03:52 PM

I just heard this.....everyone has to comply or face consequences. They slipped this in. No debate, no seeing what the public wants...they just put it in and we have to comply or face penalties????

People better be calling their Congress and senators......

Old 02-10-2009, 03:54 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,190,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
He will keep a record of your visit.
The records you bring will have a record on file at their office.

actually, each and every time I leave the doctors office, I take all records he made up and that I brought with me.

Old 02-10-2009, 04:07 PM

30,299 posts, read 51,908,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
Presently they are reserved for Dr's and insurance companies. Now it will be in a goverment data base and they will have access to our records. They will be able to control tests that Dr's do,etc.How? By threats of loss of funding.

Dr's no longer have control over what tests, medication,etc they do or give a patient. The insurance companies are in control. Now, thanks to lobbyists and political contributions, the government will now be reinforcing the control over costs to help the insurance companies make more money.
Well, I certainly don't like the sound of that... but I'll have to do some more research, and see how this all plays out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies