Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 09:28 PM

540 posts, read 629,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Oh yes! And masterbation will cause blindness!
Only if you spell it with an e, in which case ,-you already need glasses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2009, 10:07 PM

2,403 posts, read 5,240,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
And your point? So do alcohol, tobacco, food additives, petrochemicals, aldehydes, etc.

You want them illegal, too?
What about the government staying out of people's lives?
I'm an adult, I can make my own decisions.
Exactly. I don't need morality police controlling my private life. Any addictive behavior is bad: gambling, alcohol, tobacco, food, pot, hard drugs but people have a right to ruin their lives. I do think the line needs to be drawn at hard drugs because the cost to society is too great.

"Some of my finest days have been spent on my veranda smoking hemp."
Thomas Jefferson

Old 02-10-2009, 10:10 PM

607 posts, read 922,943 times
The study posted by the OP is not a real scientific experiment and therefore cannot be trusted. The study compares a set of cancer-ridden people with a set of cancer-free people and compares their respective marijuana use rates. Don't you think people who are smoking marijuana are probably more likely to be doing other things that cause cancer...such as smoking cigarettes? Or drinking?

"Overall, 26 percent of the testicular cancer patients were pot smokers (15 percent who used daily or weekly) at the time of diagnosis, compared with 20 percent of men without cancer (10 percent who used daily or weekly)."

That doesn't seem like a very significant difference for a study comparing groups of under 1000 people.
Study nullified.

Old 02-11-2009, 07:37 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,730,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Back in the day, I could never understand how my grandfather, great uncles and great aunts knew that I had been smoking pot. It wasn't until my grandfather's death (and I was married with children) that they all confessed that they had been smoking pot since the 1920's. The argument that pot is a fad of hippies is totally ridiculous and ahistorical.

Just a side note. When Louis Armstrong died his wife delayed calling the police until she felt confident that she had disposed of all the weed in his possession.
good post!!! may the god force be with you. it's time to end the loosing war on marijuana and end all the crime coruption associated with it being illegal.

Old 02-11-2009, 09:03 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
sure you can but that dont mean those chemicals have to be in our food and drinks, even medicines/pills
I agree.
I have to cook all my own food and eat bio.

I think that hidden chemicals in the food supply are a bigger problem to society than "drugs" will ever be.

Old 02-11-2009, 09:45 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,831,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
...And masterbation will cause blindness!
Damned!

I recently accepted the fact that I will die broke.

Now I find out I will also be nutless and blind.

Old 02-11-2009, 05:16 PM

540 posts, read 629,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
Damned!

I recently accepted the fact that I will die broke.

Now I find out I will also be nutless and blind.
Reminds me of my old pet squirrel.

Old 02-11-2009, 05:36 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,600,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplecow1 View Post
Study nullified.
The fun thing about studies is that there's always another one claiming something different from the previous study. If someone comes up with a study "proving" that marijuana causes your hair to turn green, watch hair dye sales skyrocket!

Old 02-11-2009, 06:14 PM

1,843 posts, read 2,370,439 times
Marijuana may cause testicle to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Enterprise CV-6 View Post
Prognosis is not good.
Marijuana may raise testicular cancer risk: study - Yahoo! News- 22 hours ago (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090209/hl_nm/us_cancer_marijuana - broken link)
Sounds like we need to legalize this.

Yes, but you'll quickly forget that its gone.

Old 02-11-2009, 06:51 PM

2,403 posts, read 5,240,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I agree.
I have to cook all my own food and eat bio.

I think that hidden chemicals in the food supply are a bigger problem to society than "drugs" will ever be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies