Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 10:50 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,574,845 times

Advertisements

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals knows how to grab attention. And show off its laundry.

The animal rights group, which every year stages a protest at the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, had two of its members dress in Ku Klux Klan garb outside Madison Square Garden on Monday.

PETA dresses in KKK garb outside Westminster Dog Show - USATODAY.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2009, 11:17 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times
PETA does a lot of good, but I think the members often go too far. Those dogs are treated better than most people treat their kids! They should spend time in front of the dog track up the road from me. I wish they'd close it and stop forcing those poor animals to race in the Florida heat.

Still, it would be nice if people adopted all the mutts instead of being concerned about a dog's pedigree. Too many dogs are killed each year because there's no room for them.

Old 02-09-2009, 11:41 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,274,860 times
Actually, a lot of those dogs are not treated very well at all.

On another note: PETA gives animal rights a bad rap.

Old 02-09-2009, 11:53 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,844,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals knows how to grab attention. And show off its laundry.

The animal rights group, which every year stages a protest at the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, had two of its members dress in Ku Klux Klan garb outside Madison Square Garden on Monday.

PETA dresses in KKK garb outside Westminster Dog Show - USATODAY.com
They have that right. I don't agree with peta most of the time but have no problem with them protesting. I wish they would be more tasteful with their costumes but that doesn't matter.

Old 02-10-2009, 04:26 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,583,387 times
Too bad some Nation of Islam types didnt happen by and kick their ...

Radical idiots.

Look at their whole agenda. Not just this little bit of spew.

Old 02-10-2009, 06:51 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,787,321 times
Oh noes, the poor dogs that get groomed all the time and walk around in circles and little obstacle courses while people watch! Protest people putting stupid costumes on their dogs, not this.

Old 02-10-2009, 07:00 AM

24,388 posts, read 23,044,056 times
I've always wanted to take a swing at a sheet wearing Klan member and if I could hit a dirty hippy radical at the same time that would be the icing on the cake.
Let these nitwits go find a dog fighting ring and protest the lowlife scum that gather there.

Old 02-10-2009, 08:45 AM

10,420 posts, read 14,593,655 times
1) Given the number of dogs killed in shelters, pounds, and through neglect and abuse, there is no legitimate reason to breed any dogs intentionally.

2) Show dogs are not treated well as a group. They're dragged around the country in crates, denied socialization, and simply neglected.

I have a nine year old American Eskimo who is a show dog rescue. When I got him he weighed 22 pounds, less than half the proper weight for his size. He's not a dominant dog and he only got what two other dogs left for him. He constantly raised his paw to me, a sign of real insecurity. He spent all of his time in one spot on the floor in the bedroom. I've had him for six years and he's come a long way. He's become less afraid of people and has a great relationship with my other dog, a four year old female who was savagely abused as a puppy.

Dogs and other animals deserve decent and loving treatment. They're not objects; they're living beings with the same emotional capacity as people. The only difference is that animals never act out of malice.

Thanks, PETA

Old 02-10-2009, 08:48 AM

2,788 posts, read 8,011,325 times
Goes to show how woefully misguided PETA can be. If they wanted to drive home the concept of eugenics as animal cruelty they should have dressed as NAZIs.

Old 02-10-2009, 08:58 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,515,251 times
There are show dogs that work with fire and rescue and some that work at hospitals as patient companions. Some live on a ranch and have large fields to run and play in. I remember reading somewhere that a member of PETA was asked if a building was burning and a child and a dog were inside and you could only save one or the other which would you save and the PETA person said she'd save the dog. Are you one of those types of PETA members? Why dress up? Why not fall back on your traditional naked protest? Animals don't wear clothes in winter so why should you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies