Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2009, 01:37 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,523,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
It's in there....people better call their congresmen and senators and tell them, "GET THIS OUT OF THIS BILL NOW".

People, this is not a good thing. Why do you think they are sneaking it in? Obama gets up and says " oh let's modernize health care records" and everyone bobs their heads.....

If this was so good then they would have openly been discussing it.

Get ready to be told what treatment you can get, what tests you can have, what medication you can have. You get angry when you get the generic pills instead of the name brand at the pharmacy, well, how will you feel when you are denied an EKG because you are only allowed to have 1 per year? Or you can't have an MRI because the gov't 's recommedations says an Xray is good enough.

Wait til you aren't allowed to be life flighted because the gov't feels it is not necessary.

If they want to control welfare people, let them. But now they are stepping into the private sector and telling us what we can and cannot have done.
My health carrier already limits these things. You're a pharmacist and you don't know this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2009, 01:37 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,843,540 times
Houston i don't need a PBS chanel to tell me the truth about the NHS or its wards. I have recently been in one and i know for a fact that they are as good as the American ones.

Old 04-30-2009, 01:38 PM

5,224 posts, read 5,009,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
My health carrier already limits these things. You're a pharmacist and you don't know this?

Old 04-30-2009, 01:38 PM

8,629 posts, read 9,130,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
Those are total cost for the employee and employer....
That is correct. My employer can no longer afford to split the difference.

Old 04-30-2009, 01:39 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
While some may not agree, esthetic's (surroundings) have a lot to do with recovery

And generally speaking, we gave up on "wards" long ago in the US - there are some wards in some public hospitals but generally speaking hospital rooms today are semi-private or private

Old 04-30-2009, 01:41 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,234,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
As i said i have actually used a UHS and paid for a UHS. I also am a member of the American Diabetes Association. It is scandalous how much money is taken out of the pockets of good hard working Americans by the Elitist Private Health Companies. If you enjoy having your "pocket picked" go right ahead.
The link I gave you to the Houston Medical center, those hospitals a non profit hospitals...Hardly "Elitist Private Health Companies"

Old 04-30-2009, 01:43 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,843,540 times
It has been found that many patients recover better in a general ward as they have people around them to communicate with and are in the "same boat"
Some people prefer private rooms and some prefer wards...hey you get the best of both worlds in the UK.

Old 04-30-2009, 01:43 PM

5,224 posts, read 5,009,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
While some may not agree, esthetic's (surroundings) have a lot to do with recovery

And generally speaking, we gave up on "wards" long ago in the US - there are some wards in some public hospitals but generally speaking hospital rooms today are semi-private or private

Great GD.. and as I 've stated those with money will ALWAYS be able to buy themselves their "aestethic" perks if they so please...

There is NO recovery when one can't access healthcare because of excessive costs.

There is NO recovery when one has to worry that they will be homeless and declaring bankruptcy as a result of their illness. The stress related to worries about finances during times of illness could very well deter someone's recover. All the beautiful "aestetics" in the room will not ease the "how much is this going to cost me" burden we'd all feel .

I'm sure the rest of us will be happy with a less astethic hospital to get the treatment we all need an deserve.. and if we are lucky enough to "upgrade" ourselves to a more "aestetically pleasing" environment.. then I'm sure we will..

But to say that we shouldn't have a UHI because you'd rather have a cushy leather sofa ina waiting room then regular chairs is just plain silly.. and selfish..... You are certainly free to go spend your money for a "percieved" value if that makes you feel better as Geero pointed out. .that option is available in the UK for those elitist who prefer the aestetics and percieved value.

Old 04-30-2009, 01:44 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,234,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
If your health carrier limits anything you must be on a PPO... Change policies...

Old 04-30-2009, 01:44 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Very few Wards in the US - per patient preferences
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies