Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 11:34 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,274,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I don't like any of it. The government needs to keep its nose out of private business. Last time I checked we were not a communist nation. FDR was wrong and Obama is wrong. Most of the problems we have were caused by the government twisting the arms of private business. This will cause more arm twisting and then they will blame it on the businesses again.

Maybe the government should stick to the business of keeping us safe so we can conduct our own business.

I don't like to see our freedoms gone by being stuck into a package that is supposed to help us. This package would be a joke if it weren't so sad.
Why was FDR wrong?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2009, 11:37 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,844,675 times
Quote:
I don't like any of it. The government needs to keep its nose out of private business. Last time I checked we were not a communist nation. FDR was wrong and Obama is wrong. Most of the problems we have were caused by the government twisting the arms of private business. This will cause more arm twisting and then they will blame it on the businesses again.

Maybe the government should stick to the business of keeping us safe so we can conduct our own business.
Ok you are wrong about FDR I know that the right wing has been re writing history since the forties. Another lie is that Hoover was a spender and if he would have stayed out the market would have fixed itself. The fact is Hoover was a free market advocate and was a cheerleader for the roaring 20s. When the market crashed in 1929 he thought the market would recover. He watched the country tank until 1931 when he decided to drop a couple drops of water in the bucket but he new it was too late. FDR saved this country whether you like it or not. Your idealogy goes against all history and should be dismissed. Stop listening to mises, the cato institute, and the heritage foundation they are lying.

Full text of "The Age Of Great Depression 1929-1941"

Old 02-10-2009, 11:38 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,617,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
George W. Bush will go down in history as the worst President in the history of this country. It's not acceptable for a President of the United States to break the Rule of Law. He condoned torture, he wiretapped American phone lines, he muzzled science, he lied to the American people to go to war in Iraq. The list is long. History will not judge him kindly. In fact, law professors across the nation are saying that he, and others members of his administration, should be investigated and, in necessary, prosecuted. History will not judge him kindly, I assure you.

Obama has been in office 3 weeks. For you to pass judgment on his Presidency after 3 weeks is absurd.
I have been judging his proposed policies for about a year. If congress does not wake up and put a stop to it, his policies will destroy this nation that my ancestors started.

History has a way of deciding for itself how it views presidents. I think George Bush, Jr. will fair very well in the long run.

Old 02-10-2009, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Why was FDR wrong?
He wasn't there has been a major effort to rewrite history by those who despise government. Here is a good article.
THE GREAT DEPRESSION!

Old 02-10-2009, 11:40 PM

Quote:
I have been judging his proposed policies for about a year. If congress does not wake up and put a stop to it, his policies will destroy this nation that my ancestors started.

History has a way of deciding for itself how it views presidents. I think George Bush, Jr. will fair very well in the long run.
Usually how a president is viewed recently is how history views him.

Old 02-10-2009, 11:44 PM
NCN

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
Usually how a president is viewed recently is how history views him.
I don't think so. I thought Clinton was a good president until this mortgage mess started and he admitted that his trying to get a loan for everybody caused it. I heard him.

And here we go again. I heard on the news today that the banks were going to have to make loans because the government would require them to. They are still trying to get over the last time the government twisted their arms to make loans. Government needs to back off and let business run themselves. That works, this does not work. It is leading to communism. Government does not need to give money to private business and the government does not need to be telling private business what to do. When one business goes under, someone else will come along and buy it. That is called free enterprise. It only works right if it is free and remains free.

As you can see, the businesses that had bad practices before the bailout, still has bad practices after the bailout. If Nanny keeps restocking the pantry, they will never learn.

Old 02-10-2009, 11:45 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,274,860 times
Quote:

How are your ancestors different from his ancestors?

Which policies of his distress you?

Old 02-10-2009, 11:48 PM

Quote:
I don't think so. I thought Clinton was a good president until this mortgage mess started and he admitted that he trying to get a loan for everybody caused it. I heard him.
Yes as if the GOP didn't have total power from Jan. 2001- Jan 2007
you would think that is more than enough time to over turn bad policy! What happened to the party of self accountability? Probably just more rhetoric like every thing else they have said. The republicans are the poster child of bs.

Old 02-11-2009, 12:00 AM
NCN

Quote:
How are your ancestors different from his ancestors?

Which policies of his distress you?
From what I read on one of the threads, we may have some of the same ancestors. My ancestors come from the British Royal Family. I believe his did too. None of my ancestors or friends are communist though. There are always two parents for each child. I used to think something like he does, but I got older and wiser. I guess I just see more clearly and with experience now.

Old 02-11-2009, 12:35 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
And fast. That's it. No more. The Republicans are willing to let this country go down in flames if it will guarantee Obama's failure and the rise again--in their gutless little minds--of the GOP. Obama needs to just cut them off. Period. And get on with business.

The New York Times > Log In
Nice fantasy. Next time throw in a desert island and the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders.

As if.....your boy is slipping fast and everyone knows it. The spending bill is a big flop even before he signs it. And I see you're now trying to blame Republicans for your shaky start.

"CBO, the official scorekeepers for legislation, said the House and Senate bills will help in the short term but result in so much government debt that within a few years they would crowd out private investment, actually leading to a lower Gross Domestic Product over the next 10 years than if the government had done nothing."

Washington Times - CBO: Obama stimulus harmful over long haul

We did this before. It's called Carternomics and results in stagnant wages and double-digit inflation. If the Obama Administration continues screwing up the way he has this past two weeks 2010 will look like 1994, and 2012 will look like 1980 or 1984. Take your pick.

RealClearPolitics - Electoral Map (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/maps/obama_vs_mccain/?map=18 - broken link)

RealClearPolitics - Electoral Map (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/maps/obama_vs_mccain/?map=17 - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies