Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2009, 10:14 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,144,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
How about the people running them, like Lauren and Claiborne and the rest of those elite designers? All liberals, all obama-fans, all taking their business to third-world countries with NO unions so they can make more money.

Where is the call from your brethren to stop this practice?

More liberal 'Do as I say, not as I do' hypocrisy.
Hypocrisy is saying Obama is naughty for not wearing a jacket in the Oval office and then doing the Siskyou Two-Step when ya find out BUSH did it, too! So I guess you ARE an expert!

Liz Claiborne does NOT run "Liz Claiborne" , it has her name. I don't know how much influence Ralphie has on his company.

How do YOU know how they vote? You don't. How do you know how all elite designers vote??? You don't.

Why do you think if Liberals do it it's hypocrisy but not if Repubs do it, it's just good business??

My "bretheran"????

I do not have "bretheran"...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2009, 10:15 AM

Quote:
How about the people running them, like Lauren and Claiborne and the rest of those elite designers? All liberals, all obama-fans, all taking their business to third-world countries with NO unions so they can make more money.

Where is the call from your brethren to stop this practice?

More liberal 'Do as I say, not as I do' hypocrisy.

Glad you agree that with a UNION workers would get higher wages....you're learnin'.

Old 02-13-2009, 10:28 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,934,385 times
It is true - unions cost business money.

Nice side-step on all those liberal designers - do you really have to guess who they support?

Old 02-13-2009, 11:31 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,642,890 times
Has anyone here ever been forced to shop in Wal Mart?

Has anyone here ever been forced to work in Wal Mart?

Wal Mart does fine in spite of the haters. Their formula is even more successful in this economy.

Old 02-13-2009, 01:00 PM

Quote:

Nice side-step on all those liberal designers - do you really have to guess who they support?
Paying workers good wages allows them to purchase products which stimulates the economy.

Having all the money going to the top ....gives you OUR present economy.

I didn't side step anything, I said I didn't know and neither do you.

I'll leave guessing and lack of any facts to you.....

Old 02-13-2009, 01:25 PM

2,403 posts, read 5,239,975 times
Quote:

Yeah I guess it would be a lot more profitable for the CEOs to pay $1./hr than $15 and what's good for GM is good for America, right? Are you a paid corporate wh@re or do you just volunteer?

The fight for worker's rights has been long and bloody. Decent paying union jobs are what made American prosperity possible. Greed and corruption by the rich Republicon elite is what's bringing it down.

Old 02-13-2009, 01:34 PM

50,251 posts, read 47,011,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Paying workers good wages allows them to purchase products which stimulates the economy.

Having all the money going to the top ....gives you OUR present economy.

I didn't side step anything, I said I didn't know and neither do you.

I'll leave guessing and lack of any facts to you.....

The concept of a Union back in the day served a purpose. Even today I believe Police and Fire should be under bargaining guidelines.
However, the concept that people can gather and force a Union onto a business in many cases is absurd. It makes me sick to see people doing jobs as a career that I did as a kid for spare spending cash. This does nothing but falsely inflate prices or drives the business into folding.

Old 02-13-2009, 02:49 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,236,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
sanrene -

It is perfectly obvious you have never collected garbage or been a construction laborer. Both require little education but a lot of skill just to avoid being injured. In either case they should be paid enough to have a decent life in this country. If these folk's wages are not protected and they are not trained by a union then the garbage would be spilled all over the place and contractors would never be able to hire safe workers. Over all that would cost society more than union garbage collectors or laborers.
Our garbage collectors are not union and they don't have garbage all over the streets. They must be doing something wrong.

You need a union to teach someone to pick up garbage and throw it in a truck? Dumbest thing I have ever heard anyone say!

Old 02-13-2009, 03:26 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,236,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Has anyone here ever been forced to shop in Wal Mart?

Has anyone here ever been forced to work in Wal Mart?

Wal Mart does fine in spite of the haters. Their formula is even more successful in this economy.
I'm sure some have been forced to work there or not eat.. there's more than one way to force someone.

Old 02-13-2009, 03:50 PM

564 posts, read 892,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
A friend called, (I'm starting to not want to answer the phone anymore, the only news is bad news) .. she hasn't had a raise in 3 years, has had her wages and hours cut and now found out that her shift differential has been eliminated, and the company has now taken away paid days off.......right back to 1900 for the "World's Greatest Country"

That's right, no money, no 40 hours, no shift differential no vacation, no sick days...no union representation...
"But the fat cats in management are still getting theirs, this would never happen at my job-though in years past we gave up 5 hours a week each so the company would not lay off 2 workers, also gave back $.75 an hour. WE voted on this, WE were asked, WE made the decision, WE looked out for the rest of US, Notice there is no I in we, when I falls-we will pick them up"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies