Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2009, 04:19 PM

2,600 posts, read 2,324,754 times

Advertisements

President Obama, thank you for listening attentively to your audience. Because of you, one person may have been saved from the streets.
Woman gets home after plea for help at Obama town hall meeting | Daily Record | Daily Record
If the President had not have gone there to sell his package, one homeless woman might still be homeless. Thank you Mr. President. You might have saved an American Life. we appreciate and support you. mutz
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2009, 04:21 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,309,861 times
Shameless...

Old 02-11-2009, 04:35 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,861,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highdesertmutz View Post
President Obama, thank you for listening attentively to your audience. Because of you, one person may have been saved from the streets.
Woman gets home after plea for help at Obama town hall meeting | Daily Record | Daily Record
If the President had not have gone there to sell his package, one homeless woman might still be homeless. Thank you Mr. President. You might have saved an American Life. we appreciate and support you. mutz
Wow. How sad. 100's of thousands of dollars to take Air Force one to Florida. Tons of pollution dumped into the atmosphere from Air Force One and the motorcades and he really didn't even help the one person.

It was a lady named Chene Thompson who offered her home to the homeless woman. Obama, as usual, did nothing but prance and grandstand.

Thank you, thank you Chene Thompson for helping this homeless woman!

Old 02-11-2009, 06:45 PM

2,600 posts, read 2,324,754 times
Please allow me to dissect this post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Wow. How sad. 100's of thousands of dollars to take Air Force one to Florida.
Hmmm, sounds like a conservative, or a republican point of viewwe shall not waste or abuse America's resources. sounds ok.
Quote:
Tons of pollution dumped into the atmosphere from Air Force One and the motorcades and he really didn't even help the one person.
but now? a conservative republican point of view, who is an environmentalist too?oh, come now
please don't marginalize or underestimate President Obama's intentions to help Americans. It was also mighty big of the Florida Gov. to welcome, and agree with Mr. Obama, this IS what bi-partisanship is supposed to look like, it appeared to many viewers and myself that the Gov. and the Pres. were on the same page. or, was this just a so called, photo-op? I don't think so.

Quote:

It was a lady named Chene Thompson who offered her home to the homeless woman. Obama, as usual, did nothing but prance and grandstand.

Thank you, thank you Chene Thompson for helping this homeless woman!
allright. where were all of these people with helping hands before President Obama came to Ft.Myers Florida? Hiding in the shadows until it took just one person to show his face to make something happen? I'll just betcha' Chene Thompson never heard of this poor little black woman, or even cared about this homeless lady, until it was brought to light. God knows all of those helping hands were just waiting in the wings, just waiting for the right opportunity to jump up and say, "I'll help her"! right

Old 02-11-2009, 06:57 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMexicanRepublican View Post
Shameless...
I still remember that a man was in a hospital bed back when Reagan was Pres. and must have done something important because the Pres. called him in his hospital bed, and the man immediately used the call to complain that his social security checks were not getting through. Sure enough, within a couple days, his checks were resumed. (The irony is Reagan would have been the first Pres. to gut and eliminate Social Security if he could have)

The neocons tried to "privatize" social security, care to guess how that would have gone?

Can you say "bailout"? I can say "Republican Thieves" as they and their predatory "deregulation" have left this nation bankrupt.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:20 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,729,420 times
Chene Thompson is (presumably) a republican, so I suppose the "grandstanding" accusation could be spread both ways. Or perhaps a republican just managed to steal Obama's thunder on this one.....all in how you look at it, I guess.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:46 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I still remember that a man was in a hospital bed back when Reagan was Pres. and must have done something important because the Pres. called him in his hospital bed, and the man immediately used the call to complain that his social security checks were not getting through. Sure enough, within a couple days, his checks were resumed. (The irony is Reagan would have been the first Pres. to gut and eliminate Social Security if he could have)

The neocons tried to "privatize" social security, care to guess how that would have gone?

Can you say "bailout"? I can say "Republican Thieves" as they and their predatory "deregulation" have left this nation bankrupt.
I feel like I'm am being robbed every time I see it taken out of my paycheck.I demand that my SS collected be willed to my choice of heir.I demand I get ALL they took for me in one lump sum when I turn 65.

But no,instead I'm forced in this so called free country by the kings and sheriff of Nottingham aka Wash DC to have my money pillaged to them so they can spend it away on wasteful spending,not even using SS money for what it was intended for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies