Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 10:51 AM

5,110 posts, read 7,139,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I would have punched this average, typical left winger in the face to show him how much of an uneducated redneck I am.
You have already demonstrated that, without punching anyone.

Old 02-12-2009, 10:54 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,391,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minathebrat View Post
It's just sad that someone could treat someone else so vilely, even when there are widely dissenting viewpoints. For someone to claim that they are a "world-citizen" and then proceed to express the viewpoint that anyone without the same type and level of education is a lesser human is just puzzling. The majority of humans living in this world don't have that type of education, nor income. To subscribe to such classicism, while claiming to be so enlightened was an interesting juxtaposition, if not a disheartening one. Weird to live in a world so overflowing with clueless serfs...
And think that some like this get elected to office.They then typically pronounce "it is for your own good" "reasonable" "common sense" as they dictate to people with legislation.Of course this is one reason for the 2nd amendment ,funny how this guy sees that as barbaric and that his reasoning is more educated,progressive and up to date.

He is in the city-district who elects people like Feinstein into office..........

Old 02-12-2009, 10:56 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
This was a set up.

Old 02-12-2009, 11:04 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
This video pretty much sums up the left to me.

YouTube - stephen fowler wife swap highlights

You must think that everyone who isn't a dittohead is a liberal. That would be about 85% of america. We "libs" will continue to allow you lemmings to remain in our country, though.

Old 02-12-2009, 11:25 AM

501 posts, read 1,064,455 times
Yes, this guy is a D-bag, but he not representative of the attitudes of Britain. Most British people would think this guy was a wanker.

Old 02-12-2009, 11:50 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,223,164 times
Quote:

Then you're a pretty ignorant person. Don't you know how this show works? They pick nutty, polar opposite familes for the swap. Trust me, they've had some equally nutty people on this show from the right. If they had all reasonable people, then nobody would watch.

And if you think this guy is a typical liberal, then I'll assume that Fred Phelps is a typical conservative.

Old 02-12-2009, 11:53 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Then you're a pretty ignorant person. Don't you know how this show works? They pick nutty, polar opposite familes for the swap. Trust me, they've had some equally nutty people on this show from the right. If they had all reasonable people, then nobody would watch.

And if you think this guy is a typical liberal, then I'll assume that Fred Phelps is a typical conservative.

I just had a horrible thought of Fred Phelps AND the god warrior woman in the same room together...

SCARY.

Old 02-12-2009, 12:16 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,348,814 times
Quote:

This idiot isn't an "average liberal", he's a "typical 'reality' TV piece of trash". ANYONE who goes on a show like this is a piece of trash and cannot be representative of society as a whole.

If you think that all liberals are like this guy, you're clearly a very ignorant person who is unwilling to look at the people around him...or you are from somewhere so homogenous that you have never encountered anyone but a fellow right-winger. Chances are, you know plenty of liberals who are not anything like this guy. Just like most liberals know conservatives who aren't as dumb, ignorant, racist or insane like those who attended the Palin rallies in Indiana and the rest of "real America".

Anyone who would subject their family to some kind of "Reality" TV experiment is simply pathetic and shouldn't be considered anything but trash, whether they are Liberal, libertarian or conservative.

Old 02-12-2009, 12:19 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,391,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jzer21 View Post
Yes, this guy is a D-bag, but he not representative of the attitudes of Britain. Most British people would think this guy was a wanker.
No he is not,I have corresponded with a few Brits and while some I didn't agree with Brits overall are not like this guy.Most SF people are though.

Old 02-12-2009, 12:23 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,634,135 times
Well, if the guy is a wealthy venture capitalist, he has clearly done a lot more with his life than the Missouri woman, is worth more to society, and we should give him adulation and tax breaks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies