Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 08:32 AM

158 posts, read 515,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAtMcCain View Post
Ms. Cellie... want to hear something else equally interestingly horrible... I'm not suppyling links any more but see if you can find a paper on who is in the process or attempting to buy
Freshwater rights of American's lakes... Greak Lakes specifically... you heard it... freshwater rights...

Freshwater Wars... ever heard of them? ... coming to your neighborhood soon... ::disgusted:: Forgive me... am just tired of everything... these wars are not little county disputes... what I am speaking of involves COUNTRIES... like the Middle east... China... Canada... wake up people! Other countries, nations, regarding America's freshwater rights or what we have left of them... ok.. leaving now... before I say something that will land me in prison...
Mr. MMC (formerly addressed as Mam but will adopt Delusianne's manner of address) do not say another word, Sir. i totally understand Your disgust and dare say i am prepared to do more than just register disgust here. i am prepared to insist You be given a break away from all of this. You are only one person and everyone has a breaking point. You love so deeply. If anyone cares in this whole forum, let them take up the cross and bear it. If not, then let them continue to enjoy fighting each other.

In October i did recall a Michigan representative speaking about international law regarding America's fresh water rights and so looked for that article. Thank goodness it's still there, though others have mysteriously disappeared.

"U.S. Rep. Bart Stupak, a Michigan Democrat who voted against the compact, said it could make water subject to international trade laws by defining it as a product."

President Bush signs Great Lakes water compact - Metro - cleveland.com

As far as foreign governments taking over the lease of U.S. highways, we mustn't forget Brazil or the 20-something states which either have policies or have been in the process of creating policies in their state law to allow the same thing (foreign governments buy/lease state highways and parks).

As far as Paulson is concerned what shocked me was that Treasury obviously has this right. We're not talking about the president, vice president, Pentagon, but the Secretary of the Treasury. ~sighs~

Again, Mr. MMC, it is my love for You that kindly requests that You not say anything more, no matter how tempting. Thank you for revealing what You have.

May our Savior protect You always. Amen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2009, 10:50 AM

2,051 posts, read 9,335,766 times
Ms. Cellie... sometimes regarding the present... looking back as to what was said a year ago... or almost two years ago can be enlightening.

I remember awhile ago, someone asked what economic theories were being used by our Treasury, the Feds... etc. and no one answered directly (maybe because they didn't know).

(Ms. Cellie do not worry, I promise to be careful and in fact was stimulated by something you said so maybe you best not post any more :teasing smile: no no really it was in response to something else. )

To get right to it, I will post past links to help those who did follow the Hearings to understand something that may not be immediately apparent. Greenspan role... as far as I am concern... what you read will be closer to any truth you can still find on the net...

The Financial Tsunami Part III:
Greenspan’s Grand Design

By F. William Engdahl, January 22, 2008
The Long-Term Greenspan Agenda

Greenspan

T
wo Heavyweights Weigh In on Greenspan’s Legacy
September 2, 2007, 12:42 am

Real Time Economics : Two Heavyweights Weigh In on Greenspan's Legacy

3. And of course if you followed my post in the past, you already know there are two major groups you must always pay attention too... the IMF and the FSF
which brings us to the next one...

Systemic Banking Crises: A NewDatabase (PDF format)
Luc Laeven and Fabian Valencia

Novenber 2008

(It is technical... but can persevere and get main point)
http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/wp/2008/wp08224.pdf

4. the following is a blogger who can break it down for you, but write from a political point of view... can accept or ignore the point of view... whats important is what is said about the crisis... have to scroll down on the page a bit

New IMF Study of Banking Crises Contradicts Bailout Bill Premise and Details

Saturday September 27, 2008

naked capitalism: New IMF Study of Banking Crises Contradicts Bailout Bill Premise and Details

(Really I posted these links in response to what someone said in giving me a rep point... So I retract my stance to not post links or further post period in this forum in order to post these links for that person. May they serve your purpose well Sir. ::bow:: )

Old 02-13-2009, 11:09 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:

But whats martial law? Unless you were around in the 60s most have no idea what living under that condition is like... and my gosh how close it came to being a reality... one day you are going about your business and the next, you have armed militia patroling major thoroughfares... in America! Ordered by Paulson...

This is why I'm staying out of political threads... let them fight each other if they want too...
And don't forget the Patriot Act and numerous Executive Orders modified what Martial Law means and when and how they can be used.

That one flew under the radar as well since so many Americans "demanded the government protect them" from terrorists.

Old 02-13-2009, 11:14 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Ms. Cellie... want to hear something else equally interestingly horrible... I'm not suppyling links any more but see if you can find a paper on who is in the process or attempting to buy
Freshwater rights of American's lakes... Greak Lakes specifically... you heard it... freshwater rights...

Freshwater Wars... ever heard of them? ... coming to your neighborhood soon... ::disgusted:: Forgive me... am just tired of everything... these wars are not little county disputes... what I am speaking of involves COUNTRIES... like the Middle east... China... Canada... wake up people! Other countries, nations, regarding America's freshwater rights or what we have left of them... ok.. leaving now... before I say something that will land me in prison...
This is just one of the problems of the IMF. "Bailing out" countries and forcing them to sell their water rights just digusts me. Malaysia turned them down and perked up their economy on their own without having to sell out.

Water is one of the reasons why I keep my home in the Northeastern part of the US.

So often I say, I'm old, I'll be dead before it gets too bad.
I won't live through what I fear is almost here.

Old 02-13-2009, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
This is just one of the problems of the IMF. "Bailing out" countries and forcing them to sell their water rights just digusts me. Malaysia turned them down and perked up their economy on their own without having to sell out.

Water is one of the reasons why I keep my home in the Northeastern part of the US.

So often I say, I'm old, I'll be dead before it gets too bad.
I won't live through what I fear is almost here.
Chielgirl, where can I find out which countries are being encroached on? I know that China is on the move looking for fresh water sources... it almost sounds like we're looking at the beginning of star wars. Fresh water will become the new "oil" if we're not careful.

When it comes to martial law, perhaps some people think "the Republicans will save us." So if the real question was do we go under martial law or give Paulson his (TARP/bailout) money, thereby allowing us the illusion of being free, I for one prefer to even have the illusion of being free than to be forced to show papers identifying myself to militia groups. What is disturbing to me (understanding that this was the true issue) was my own party willing for the populace to go under martial law through the militia or ... never mind, I shouldn't even ask myself such questions. Especially since I have so much to do today. Maybe I'll limit myself to fresh water rights only.

President Bush signed the Great Lakes fresh water bill that Rep. Stupak refused to sign because it put the Great Lakes under the category "trade product."

Old 02-13-2009, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And don't forget the Patriot Act and numerous Executive Orders modified what Martial Law means and when and how they can be used.

That one flew under the radar as well since so many Americans "demanded the government protect them" from terrorists.
HappyTexan, your speaking of the Patriot Act and Executive Orders modifying what martial law means and its application has given me cause for concern. Could you provide more information about this or even a link that you think is most pertinent for people to read? It would be very much appreciated.

Old 02-14-2009, 05:48 PM

I just stopped by to see whether or not anyone responded to questions asked above... guess everyone's busy now so have a beautiful Valentine's Day!

Old 02-15-2009, 01:02 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Celie, I don't have an answer to your question, perhaps looking up IMF might do it, I'm not sure.

I travel pretty extensively and move continents somewhat often.
The reason I know about Malaysia was from a class that I took a few years ago.
The students were world-wide military members and, at one point, we had an IMF discussion.

Your question interests me, so I'll probably look into it when I get a chance, but not today.

Old 02-15-2009, 01:21 AM

773 posts, read 1,215,309 times
Cellie, water rights are an issue in many countries. China as you mentioned are looking at sustainability, and is trying to attempt control damages by its dam system. Other countries that have water issues outstanding include Syria, Mali, Bolivia, Indonesia, Bangladesh, Spain, India.

YouTube - Water everywhere but not a drop to drink

Now back to Tarp

The Obama administration promises us a program of forced lending by banks. By this means, they intend to promote economic recovery. Amazing as it seems, our major officials do not understand that forced lending by banks severely undermines an economy. Subsidizing loans will destroy the market for bank credit. Bank credit will no longer be allocated by rational means of comparing real costs to real benefits. The results will be to harm many people and worsen the structure of the U.S. economy.
Forced Lending To Undermine the Economy by Michael S. Rozeff

Old 02-15-2009, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Celie, I don't have an answer to your question, perhaps looking up IMF might do it, I'm not sure.

I travel pretty extensively and move continents somewhat often.
The reason I know about Malaysia was from a class that I took a few years ago.
The students were world-wide military members and, at one point, we had an IMF discussion.

Your question interests me, so I'll probably look into it when I get a chance, but not today.
Thank you for sharing your experiences and how you came to know about Malaysia's fresh water rights issues. It's amazing how one's world expands through conversations with people from different parts of the world. I appreciate your suggestions and will try to get some info via the IMF on international fresh water rights issues.

What a fascinating lifestyle--it shows you never know who you'll meet at City-Data!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies