Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 09:48 AM

2,051 posts, read 9,335,612 times

Advertisements

This thread is simply to alert any who, tho interested in the Stimulus package, understands there is ALWAYS another issue going on that is NOT necessarily put before public eyes.

There are direct links to these hearings but only when they are going on... Right now am on break so can't post them but what I can quickly post is yesterday's proceedings...

(comes back quickly... can try the following.. not sure these links will go thru...)
http://financialservices.house.gov/schedule.html (broken link)http://banking.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?Fuseaction=Hearings.Detail&HearingID=9c2 5b13a-bc33-468a-b548-6b5a9e108c47 (broken link) Start here and then explore ANYTHING in the right hand related column on Youtube... I do not contribute regularly any more to these forums but felt it important to those who use to follow my posts (political)... to alert you to what seems to be a very light blackout by news stations in the U.S. and believe or not... C-span...

Rep. Waters on CEOs and TARP Accountability

YouTube - Rep. Waters on CEOs and TARP Accountability

Last edited by MadAtMcCain; 02-12-2009 at 09:56 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2009, 12:49 PM

158 posts, read 515,701 times
Thank You, Mr. Mam, for posting the YouTube link. I have learned a lot from reading Your political posts in the past as a result of the "global slant" You bring to a topic.

At this point in our national history, it would be irresponsible of me to ignore the impact/influence multinational banks have on the formation of public policy whether here and/or abroad, especially when Congress was being threatened with martial law. (Something else never fully discussed through the general public media.)

Paulson Misled TARP Oversight Committee Says Watchdog Warren (video)
Paulson Misled TARP Oversight Committee, Says Watchdog Warren (VIDEO)

Old 02-12-2009, 01:21 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
Thanks, MAM.
I was looking for the
Capuano link. That ticked me off yesterday.

This is a big deal. I haven't seen hearings like this in decades.

Ackerman reamed the
SEC here.

Old 02-12-2009, 01:25 PM

4,494 posts, read 7,481,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAtMcCain View Post
This thread is simply to alert any who, tho interested in the Stimulus package, understands there is ALWAYS another issue going on that is NOT necessarily put before public eyes.

There are direct links to these hearings but only when they are going on... Right now am on break so can't post them but what I can quickly post is yesterday's proceedings...

(comes back quickly... can try the following.. not sure these links will go thru...)
House Financial Services Committee (http://financialservices.house.gov/schedule.html - broken link)http://banking.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?Fuseaction=Hearings.Detail&HearingID=9c2 5b13a-bc33-468a-b548-6b5a9e108c47 (broken link) Start here and then explore ANYTHING in the right hand related column on Youtube... I do not contribute regularly any more to these forums but felt it important to those who use to follow my posts (political)... to alert you to what seems to be a very light blackout by news stations in the U.S. and believe or not... C-span...

Rep. Waters on CEOs and TARP Accountability

YouTube - Rep. Waters on CEOs and TARP Accountability
Darn it, i have dial-up!

Could you, and others, explain the gist, in so many words, of these videos?

It would be greatly appreciated!

Old 02-12-2009, 01:31 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
They're taking them to task, asking direct questions (they already know the answers), and are trying to hold them accountable. Capuano said that they haven't had to be accountable for the past 8 years. The banks are selling bad debt to each other, it's a common practice.

The questions have been clear, direct and well researched.
The bank managers are sitting there saying nothing; being the weasels that they are.

The banks were paying themselves fees for accepting the government bailout money, the figures used were $21M and $30M.

It's a blasted outrage.

Get thee to a library.

Old 02-12-2009, 01:37 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
Great helpful links MMC, thanks.

Old 02-13-2009, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Thanks, MAM.
I was looking for the
Capuano link. That ticked me off yesterday.

This is a big deal. I haven't seen hearings like this in decades.

Ackerman reamed the
SEC here.

Decades is right... yet the masses have been conditioned toward transitory issues while that of meat is retained and studied by the few... Capuano ... unless it was agreed upon beforehand behind close doors to speak as he did...

He spoke righteously but to who? The people's attention rested on the stimulus package and not the Masters of the Universe after-all... but I digress...

You have had the experience from the past to understand what you saw and heard... the past has been made to look foolish and it's voice, mute... Are we revisiting the 60s - 70s in some strange neptunian time reversal by celestial engineers...

So much could have been solved right away as a result of these hearings, (why? because of perjury laws... you lie you go to jail... a wasted chance to right many wrongs) yet the masses mind and hearts centered on a package that must go through days if not weeks of deliberations... etc... this is one of many reasons why I no longer post in political... Thank you for responding.

Old 02-13-2009, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellie View Post
Thank You, Mr. Mam, for posting the YouTube link. I have learned a lot from reading Your political posts in the past as a result of the "global slant" You bring to a topic.

At this point in our national history, it would be irresponsible of me to ignore the impact/influence multinational banks have on the formation of public policy whether here and/or abroad, especially when Congress was being threatened with martial law. (Something else never fully discussed through the general public media.)

Paulson Misled TARP Oversight Committee Says Watchdog Warren (video)
Paulson Misled TARP Oversight Committee, Says Watchdog Warren (VIDEO)

Ms. Cellie.. who even questioned that Treasury could threaten CONGRESS with martial law unless he is given the Tarp money... and they gave it!??! Are we a third world dictatorship??? It is way to easy to get Dem and Reps fighting while America is being sold to the highest bidder every day... Central/South America will own our highways and parks... thru 99 year leases...

But whats martial law? Unless you were around in the 60s most have no idea what living under that condition is like... and my gosh how close it came to being a reality... one day you are going about your business and the next, you have armed militia patroling major thoroughfares... in America! Ordered by Paulson...

This is why I'm staying out of political threads... let them fight each other if they want too...

Old 02-13-2009, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Great helpful links MMC, thanks.
You are most welcome Ms. Delusianne ... :-)

Old 02-13-2009, 07:13 AM

Ms. Cellie... want to hear something else equally interestingly horrible... I'm not suppyling links any more but see if you can find a paper on who is in the process or attempting to buy
Freshwater rights of American's lakes... Greak Lakes specifically... you heard it... freshwater rights...

Freshwater Wars... ever heard of them? ... coming to your neighborhood soon... ::disgusted:: Forgive me... am just tired of everything... these wars are not little county disputes... what I am speaking of involves COUNTRIES... like the Middle east... China... Canada... wake up people! Other countries, nations, regarding America's freshwater rights or what we have left of them... ok.. leaving now... before I say something that will land me in prison...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies