Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 08:59 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
I totally agree with you about Bush.

Sad thing, the same dishonesty seems to be true about Obama.

Back to this supposedly "poor" lady, the media is on her and all kinds of things are coming out. Milking the system....lies.....she appears to be a piece of work. A TYPICAL Obama supporter.
So what is a typical Bush/Cheney or McCain/Palin supporter?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2009, 09:01 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,761,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspsllc View Post
Nobody ever "milks" the system, at least not any individuals. The milking is usually done by corporate entities who don't think anyone should have anything except for themselves--their stock options and pension plans depend on it.

After the government feeds all of the fatkats who already have plenty of money, everyone else gets the crumbs that are shoved off the table when the rich have already eaten their fill and then some.
I agree but that does not excuse this liar. She needs to take her lazy ass to work.

Old 02-13-2009, 09:24 PM

2,600 posts, read 2,324,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I agree but that does not excuse this liar. She needs to take her lazy ass to work.
Maybe her entire generation are welfare people, we don't know her family history. if her mother was a welfare recipient, and her mother's mother was, maybe she figures she is entitled to receive welfare too. This is not ALWAYS the case, but there are folks who have been on welfare forever, and their families have too. it's a difficult cycle to break. but, some people call it one thing or another, I call it milking the system, maybe I'm wrong. somebody tell me why I'm wrong in thinking this.

Old 02-13-2009, 10:35 PM

1,599 posts, read 2,947,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
First, she was labeled a "plant" and now that her background reveals that through the years she has received some forms of public assistance at times she is being labeled as scum. Anything to discredit and vilify the homeless.

Her background may show that she and hasn't managed money well ,when she had some, but I haven't read anything that merits the hostility toward her that I see here.

By the way, the Thomson family who offered her a place to live have stated that they are sad to see Henrietta have to defend herself. They do not regret helping her and will continue to do so in the future. "While she may not have needed assistance in 2005, she needs help today."

Old 02-13-2009, 10:43 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,903,365 times
Quote:
I agree with you 100%. You won't get any arguement about Bush from me.

Obama though, was suppose to bring a little thing called "CHANGE".
Wait a minute... aren't we giving Obama too much credit here?
I thought all he did was give her a hug.

Some nice republican lady gave her a house to stay in.

I think letting just about anyone speak is different. At least I've read that Bush's gatherings were scripted (no link, thougH).

Old 02-13-2009, 11:41 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seamusnh View Post
He was active in the IL senate when he voted "Present" a lot....

As for Harvard, I have a master's from Harvard just like Obama does. Maybe I can be president too!
A law degree is a bit different from a general master's degree.
Why do you insist on minimizing other's accomplishments?
Apparently he did more with his degree than you did: he is the president of the USA.
What are you, some office or lab worker?

Old 02-14-2009, 04:04 AM

20,329 posts, read 19,921,823 times
Bush, Cheney, Palin, Rush, Hannity, Fox News, Rupert Murdoch, AM talk radio, Halliburton, Palin, Ann Coulter, Bill O'Reilly, Neocons, right wing, reich wing, Repubs, Rethugs, lather, rinse, repeat.

That's all we need to know until 2016.

Next.

Old 02-14-2009, 05:02 AM

3,645 posts, read 4,926,082 times
Quote:
I agree with you 100%. You won't get any arguement about Bush from me.

Obama though, was suppose to bring a little thing called "CHANGE".
Obama is just another politician and nothing more. He is not the great messiah that the liberals think he is.

Old 02-14-2009, 07:12 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Obama is just another politician and nothing more. He is not the great messiah that the liberals think he is.
As you are well awre, it's only the rethugs that ever called him that.
Oh, the irony.

Bush purposely did in the US.

Old 02-14-2009, 08:49 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,761,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highdesertmutz View Post
Maybe her entire generation are welfare people, we don't know her family history. if her mother was a welfare recipient, and her mother's mother was, maybe she figures she is entitled to receive welfare too. This is not ALWAYS the case, but there are folks who have been on welfare forever, and their families have too. it's a difficult cycle to break. but, some people call it one thing or another, I call it milking the system, maybe I'm wrong. somebody tell me why I'm wrong in thinking this.
The way you break that is like this- you want welfare, OK we will give it to you. We will give you welfare, food, child care, a bus pass, decent housing and even clothing you and your kids. No problem. But the most important things we will give you are a rake and a bag. And you will show up at ________ everyday with your rake and your bag and you will rake and bag 4 days each week. The 5th day you may use to actually look for a real job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies