Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2009, 12:22 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,524,412 times

Advertisements

I'm listening to Thom Hartmann right now. He's basically saying, what I've known all along, that the right wing is strongly against Obama and his stimulus package, not so much since they think it won't work. It's more because they don't want it to work, since, they know if it did, well, they most likely won't get back into power until 2020.
Thom is saying that, the Democrats need to fight back and say that it was 8 years of the Bush regime (which most people say it was, except for the 30% Limbaugh like crowd) that got us into this mess.
Well, one of the things that turned me off about the cons and their talking points, especially with homeland security, but almost anything, is they blamed Clinton for anything that Bush did wrong . Even if it was asinine, like the foreclosure crisis, that went wild thanks to lack of oversight and regulation by the Bush administration (I know Clinton loosened some rules that maybe he shouldn't have, but he did have a lot more oversight than Bush).
I don't want to get to that point, if Obama and the economy continues to struggle, where we are blaming Bush for everything. Obama, even if he has success with this, it may not really be felt until after the mid terms in 2010.
However, I don't see how, it's not true, that this mess was almost all created by the leadership of Bush.
So how can you balance it, without sounding like the cons who blamed Clinton for anything that Bush did (or if Bush did something like fire attorneys, whine and say, "Well Clinton........")?
I'm not sure how to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2009, 01:30 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,737,711 times
We can and should blame Bush/Cheney for this mess, as well as send his scrawny ass to jail

Old 02-13-2009, 02:07 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,524,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
We can and should blame Bush/Cheney for this mess, as well as send his scrawny ass to jail
Since Obama fullfilled my dream of having a black president, well, that is my new political dream, seeing W and Darth Vader hauled off to jail.
Again, though, I don't want to be like the right was, during the W years, throwing Clinton into everything.

Old 03-14-2009, 12:49 PM

1,789 posts, read 4,341,033 times
[quote=beenhereandthere;7452411]I'm listening to Thom Hartmann right now. He's basically saying, what I've known all along, that the right wing is strongly against Obama and his stimulus package, not so much since

BULL I GIVE ANYTHING FOR IT TO WORK BUT HE DIDN'T WRITE IT...IT WAS MADAM SPEAKER WHO TOTALLY DISLIKES AMERICA.

Old 03-14-2009, 12:51 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
sounds like i need to be a patriot respect the democratic process and the office.
give the new guy a chance. the election is over.
say didn't you say that last election?

Old 03-14-2009, 12:54 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
You guys on the left never stop giving me daily commedy..

Old 03-14-2009, 01:38 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
I'm listening to Thom Hartmann right now. He's basically saying, what I've known all along, that the right wing is strongly against Obama and his stimulus package, not so much since they think it won't work. It's more because they don't want it to work, since, they know if it did, well, they most likely won't get back into power until 2020.
Thom is saying that, the Democrats need to fight back and say that it was 8 years of the Bush regime (which most people say it was, except for the 30% Limbaugh like crowd) that got us into this mess.
Well, one of the things that turned me off about the cons and their talking points, especially with homeland security, but almost anything, is they blamed Clinton for anything that Bush did wrong . Even if it was asinine, like the foreclosure crisis, that went wild thanks to lack of oversight and regulation by the Bush administration (I know Clinton loosened some rules that maybe he shouldn't have, but he did have a lot more oversight than Bush).
I don't want to get to that point, if Obama and the economy continues to struggle, where we are blaming Bush for everything. Obama, even if he has success with this, it may not really be felt until after the mid terms in 2010.
However, I don't see how, it's not true, that this mess was almost all created by the leadership of Bush.
So how can you balance it, without sounding like the cons who blamed Clinton for anything that Bush did (or if Bush did something like fire attorneys, whine and say, "Well Clinton........")?
I'm not sure how to.

Wow, this is clever.

"He's basically saying"

No quote? No link? No proof?

We just take your word for what he is basically saying?

You must watch a lot of MSNBC news.

"but almost anything, is they blamed Clinton for anything that Bush did wrong"

For example?

"However, I don't see how, it's not true, that this mess was almost all created by the leadership of Bush."

That's because you're a closed-minded partisan hack who doesn't seem to know his or her history very well. It isn't the economy that is struggling at this point. The markets have bottomed all on their own. The natural cycle is starting back up as it does all by itself. The problem is that people don't know what your boy is going to do next. He seems clueless now that the election is over and it isn't simply a matter of making speeches that blame GWB for every single problem the world over. Your new president has a problem that he cannot hide. He is a follower. The books he has written all detail relationships he had with leaders of one stripe or another because he is a follower. When McCain suspended his campaign to return to DC to help with the bailout, BHO originally stated he would not return to DC. But once McCain, the true leader in this scenario, actually returned to DC, BHO found it impossible to stick to his guns. He then followed McCain. He can't help it. It is his nature to follow.

"Obama, even if he has success with this, it may not really be felt until after the mid terms in 2010."

Now that the election is over and GWB is no longer around to be blamed, and since the next election is against Congressional Republicans, now we are shifting the blame to Republicans in general. Maybe we can start a few cat fight between Republicans along the way. All we have to do is ignore that fact, make up our own and let the left leaning corrupt mainstream press do the rest.

American Thinker: Why the Mortgage Crisis Happened

HUD Renews Fair-Lending Drive with Texas Roundup

Democratic Ally Mobilizes In Housing Crunch - WSJ.com

Old 03-14-2009, 04:49 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,464,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
That's because you're a closed-minded partisan hack who doesn't seem to know his or her history very well.
There may be no one on CD who distorts history more consistently than you.

Quote:
It isn't the economy that is struggling at this point. The markets have bottomed all on their own. The natural cycle is starting back up as it does all by itself.
There is no natural cycle. The natural state of an economy is slow, steady expansion. We have now had 15 months of decline thanks to the effects of an unchecked cowboy capitalism that had been going on for years. The stock market is not the economy. People who have become lost already by that point aren't much worth listening to.

Quote:
The problem is that people don't know what your boy is going to do next.
It's been on his website for two years. Who are these people who somehow aren't able to follow along?

Quote:
Your new president has a problem that he cannot hide. He is a follower. The books he has written all detail relationships he had with leaders of one stripe or another because he is a follower. When McCain suspended his campaign to return to DC to help with the bailout, BHO originally stated he would not return to DC. But once McCain, the true leader in this scenario, actually returned to DC, BHO found it impossible to stick to his guns. He then followed McCain. He can't help it. It is his nature to follow.
Actually, the two candidates had agreed in a phone call to issue a joint statement on the economic crisis, but McCain then tossed in his suspend the campaign, fly back to Washington, and (of course) cancel the debate gibberish before the statement was released. At that Point, Bush invited both candidates to Washington for briefings and both went. Obama then went to the Hill and confered with the principles involved in negotiations. McCain went to the Hill and promptly precipitated a shouting match. He was so disruptive that he was essentially ordered to leave. He spent the next two days poking around his home in Alexandria, emerging to go to dinner at ultra-posh CityZen and telling reporters that he had been busy working the phones behind the scenes all day, even though no one involved would acknowledge that McCain had been heard from. That's the contribution that your TRUE LEADER made during a time of crisis.

Quote:
The best blame-shifting that hindsight's money can buy. Not a mention of Wall Street. Not a mention of MBS's and derivatives. That seems really odd...

Behind the Headlines: What Really Happened

Quote:
The snippet is from a ten-year old article, but if you send a white guy and a black guy into a bank with the same financial credentials, and the white guy keeps getting a loan and the black guy doesn't, well, there's probably something that should be looked into there, whether you have a prior agreement with HUD or not.

Quote:
Still stuck on ACORN, eh? LOL. That dog just don't hunt.

Old 03-14-2009, 06:06 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,589,115 times
Perhaps all we need is a little variety. Instead of blaming Bush, we could always blame Reagan for a while!

Old 03-14-2009, 07:09 PM

37,164 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Perhaps all we need is a little variety. Instead of blaming Bush, we could always blame Reagan for a while!
Never a lick amiss...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies