Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 04:11 AM

20,330 posts, read 19,921,823 times

Advertisements

I got a kick out of watching theoe grandstanding Congressional buffoons blasting the bank CEOs when THEY were the dumbasses that gave them the money in the first place.

Oy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2009, 04:18 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bornandraised atl View Post
If he could conduct an interview without saying 'George Bush' I think his head would explode.
Barney boy and his friends who are responsible for the Fannie Mae meltdown ought to be investigated and thrown out of office!

No, I don't think he can get through an interview without saying "George Bush", whom he blames for what he and the other Democrats did.

Old 02-14-2009, 04:24 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bornandraised atl View Post
If he could conduct an interview without saying 'George Bush' I think his head would explode.

Can you blame him? With the White House calling for GSE oversight reform in 2001 and every year there after he needs to stay on any subject that doesn't have anything to do with what he's been up to.

YouTube - Shocking Video Unearthed Democrats in their own words Covering up the Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Scam that caused our Economic Crisis

Old 02-14-2009, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
I hope he brings Bush up every chance he gets. Americans have short attention spans....they need to be reminded how much Bush and his GOP rubberstampers in Congress screwed this country up.

Iraq War, record deficits, mortgage crises, torture leading to murder, law breaking, secrecy, warrantless wiretaps of Americans, Katrina response, incompetency in every department.

GWB called for GSE oversight reform in 2001 and every year there after.

YouTube - Shocking Video Unearthed Democrats in their own words Covering up the Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Scam that caused our Economic Crisis

Old 02-14-2009, 04:50 AM

Quote:
I hope he brings Bush up every chance he gets. Americans have short attention spans....they need to be reminded how much Bush and his GOP rubberstampers in Congress screwed this country up.

Iraq War, record deficits, mortgage crises, torture leading to murder, law breaking, secrecy, warrantless wiretaps of Americans, Katrina response, incompetency in every department.
Record deficits? What do you think the Democrats are doing now? And lets remember that the Democrats were happy to go along with all the spending of the last eight years too. They could have stopped it; but Democrats love to spend.

Secondly, Bush is not responsible for the mortgage crisis. Democrats are, and Democrats alone. I don't know how it is that you people just are not able to "get it". I think it's simply a case of denial. It was the CRA (Community Reinvestment Act), a centerpiece of the Carter Administration, and expanded by Bill Clinton, along with mismanagement of Fannie Mae (also by Democrats) that created the mortgage crisis we are in. Not one Republican is involved in this. If there is one, name him (or her).

If there had been any Republicans involved in the mortgage crisis, Democrats would have forced their resignation by now (as that is always what they do to Republicans, even when the "scandal" is invented, as in the case of Tom Delay, and Trent Lott).

But Democrats can get away with anything, as recent examples have confirmed, vis-a-vis a few of OB's recent appointments of crooks, some of whom will be holding high office.

I don't think you have much of a case for pointing fingers at Bush and the Republicans. The Democrat Party is as corrupt as it can get right now, and has been getting worse since the team of Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi took control, and promised it would be the "most ethical" Congress! What a joke and lie.

Torture leading to murder? Please. Never been proven, and falsely charged. Do you have proof? You've been listening too much to the likes of John Murtha (Pennsylvanians, get rid of that idiot!!! Please! Send him packing with that RINO Arlan Spector, who has betrayed his Party once again!).

Law breaking? What laws? Lay it out. Easy to make false accusations. Harder to back them up. How about it?

Secrecy???? And what is the Obama Administration doing? Do you know what they are sneaking into this giant Pork Bill, being sold as a "stimulus"? Every Pork project they ever wanted, and then some, including nationalized health care (oh, it's in there...it's been reported; but they hope you won't find out till it's passed. You have Tom Daschle to thank for that).

Of course no good Democrat can make a post like this without mentioning the Katrina disaster and trying to blame Bush. It's the responsibility of the State first and foremost, and as I recall, the State (Governor) said at first that they didn't need help. It was State officials that were incompetent in handling that disaster, to say nothing of misspending the money that should have been spent years before to upgrade the levies.

If there is one good thing to come out of this last election, it will be that the Democrat voters will never again be able to point fingers at the Republicans (they shouldn't be able to now... we are seeing a repeat of FDR and Jimmy Carter, and their failed policies of the past being tried again).

The so-called "change" we are getting is "short change", and it's what will be left in your pocket when they get through fleecing you of almost every dime.

Old 02-14-2009, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
These people either don't want to know the truth, or they do know it, but they are Democrat Party operatives spreading their lies and hoping to gain a few more believers.

I have no doubt there are a lot of Democrat Party operatives who post on these Forums.

Old 02-14-2009, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Please? National Parks are handled by the Interior Department.

1) Hookers for Oil Scandal engulfs Interior Department - Deep Background - msnbc.com (http://deepbackground.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/09/10/1374826.aspx - broken link)

2)Censoring of scientific data for political purposes. Bush's Interior Department Interfered With Scientific Work To Limit Endangered Species Protections

3) * Steven Griles - Deputy Secretary at the Interior Department - is the highest-ranked administration official yet convicted in the Jack Abramoff scandal. In March 2007, Griles pleaded guilty to lying about his role in the Jack Abramoff scandal. Sentenced to 10 months incarceration.

Should I go on with Interior or would you like to pick another Department?

Ha,ha,ha....citing the Huffington Post, as though it were a credible source of information! And msnbc isn't much better.

Old 02-14-2009, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Record deficits? What do you think the Democrats are doing now? And lets remember that the Democrats were happy to go along with all the spending of the last eight years too. They could have stopped it; but Democrats love to spend.

Secondly, Bush is not responsible for the mortgage crisis. Democrats are, and Democrats alone. I don't know how it is that you people just are not able to "get it". I think it's simply a case of denial. It was the CRA (Community Reinvestment Act), a centerpiece of the Carter Administration, and expanded by Bill Clinton, along with mismanagement of Fannie Mae (also by Democrats) that created the mortgage crisis we are in. Not one Republican is involved in this. If there is one, name him (or her).

If there had been any Republicans involved in the mortgage crisis, Democrats would have forced their resignation by now (as that is always what they do to Republicans, even when the "scandal" is invented, as in the case of Tom Delay, and Trent Lott).

But Democrats can get away with anything, as recent examples have confirmed, vis-a-vis a few of OB's recent appointments of crooks, some of whom will be holding high office.

I don't think you have much of a case for pointing fingers at Bush and the Republicans. The Democrat Party is as corrupt as it can get right now, and has been getting worse since the team of Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi took control, and promised it would be the "most ethical" Congress! What a joke and lie.

Torture leading to murder? Please. Never been proven, and falsely charged. Do you have proof? You've been listening too much to the likes of John Murtha (Pennsylvanians, get rid of that idiot!!! Please! Send him packing with that RINO Arlan Spector, who has betrayed his Party once again!).

Law breaking? What laws? Lay it out. Easy to make false accusations. Harder to back them up. How about it?

Secrecy???? And what is the Obama Administration doing? Do you know what they are sneaking into this giant Pork Bill, being sold as a "stimulus"? Every Pork project they ever wanted, and then some, including nationalized health care (oh, it's in there...it's been reported; but they hope you won't find out till it's passed. You have Tom Daschle to thank for that).

Of course no good Democrat can make a post like this without mentioning the Katrina disaster and trying to blame Bush. It's the responsibility of the State first and foremost, and as I recall, the State (Governor) said at first that they didn't need help. It was State officials that were incompetent in handling that disaster, to say nothing of misspending the money that should have been spent years before to upgrade the levies.

If there is one good thing to come out of this last election, it will be that the Democrat voters will never again be able to point fingers at the Republicans (they shouldn't be able to now... we are seeing a repeat of FDR and Jimmy Carter, and their failed policies of the past being tried again).

The so-called "change" we are getting is "short change", and it's what will be left in your pocket when they get through fleecing you of almost every dime.

Ever notice liberals don't mention the vehicles destroyed by Katrina since it was pointed out that every one of those vehicles could have driven people out of New Orleans. They chose to stay.

Old 02-14-2009, 05:49 AM

272 posts, read 407,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
So is it safe to assume you too were smart enough not to buy into all of that "change we can believe in" stuff?

I voted for Obama because he was a step in the right direction, it will take decades and generations to get America back to the place it was pre bush

Old 02-14-2009, 06:16 AM

1,761 posts, read 1,713,860 times
Quote:

No, we don't need to be reminded at every turn about how Bush screwed up the country.

This is no different than the bitter co-worker or neighbor you have who just can't seem to get over his ***** of an ex-wife or ex-husband and what an ass or jerk he/she was. It gets tiring after a while listening to them and eventually you just want to grab them, shake them a time or two and say....get on with you life...be happy, you don't have her/him to contend with anymore so why do you continue to think about her/him to the point where you're still misserable.

Yes should we remember how bad bush was....certainly we should. Those who forget the past are destined to repeat it. I understand that. But, those who obscess about the past and can't seem to get over it and stay in the "zone" of the past will NEVER get moving forward either.

Geez people, bush ain't president anymore...hello ??? Anybody home ? We voted in a new president who inspires hope and offers much promise if we'll just for the moment set aside all the past crap that has happened, no matter how bad it was and focus on the freaking furture.....if those of you (like barney frank and a whole host of other backward thinkers) who despised bush can just get over him and now that you're back in control....do something about it and get over your bitterness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies