Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 07:42 PM

3 posts, read 7,494 times

Advertisements

All I have to say, "YOU TRUSTED BUSH?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2009, 07:46 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,437,415 times
I didn't trust Bush, his whole 8 years was one lie after another.

You don't trust Obama because he is from the "other" party. I'm affraid that comment doesn't mean much, I fully expected the majority of the Republican party to have a collective fit when they lost.

Old 02-17-2009, 08:22 AM

1,843 posts, read 2,370,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I am starting to see more and more red flags lately and I do not trust the guy. Today, Chris Wallace asked Axelrod about the Fairness Doctrine and his answer was very evasive, he said something like "Well, you need to ask the head of the FCC.." Well, if Obama was totally opposed to the Fairness Doctrine, I think Axelrod would have said something like "President Obama does not support the Fairness Doctrine" but instead he totally avoided the question. What is next? The Government telling people what they should and should not eat? Ridiculous!

The "fairness doctrine" is probably not the bogeyman the talk show addicts would like you to believe. It was in effect the law of the land from 1949 to 1987, and democracy not only survived, in some respects it appeared to work better. The main problem I saw with it was how to decide where to draw the line when trying to represent the full range of viewpoints. During the 1960 Presidential election Jack Parr hosted the tonight show, and was required to have all of the presidential candidates on in order to have Kennedy and Nixon. That meant not only the Libertarians, but the Communists, the Nazi's, the Vegetarians, around a dozen all told. Some of these probably had constituencies of 3-4 people. One guy came on in an Uncle Sam outfit. After that the rule was modified so that subsequently the doctrine applied to the main candidates.

Without the fairness doctrine we got exactly what it's proponents said we would get: domination of the media by spokesmen for the wealthier voters, unrelated to voter demographics.

Old 02-17-2009, 08:26 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,447,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Really totally irrelevant!]

The French did not want to go against Saddam because of all the money Saddam owed them! They knew they would not get their money back!

Old 02-17-2009, 08:42 AM

2 posts, read 1,982 times
While we are facing the worst economic crisis of our time seems to be a logical time to have this concern. I would like to know at what point and under what conditions would we respond with the necessary unity to actually defeat a real threat to our way of life instead of being "lock-stepped" with the silly party stupidity which has allowed big business and special interests to rape our fellow citizens of trillions of dollars. Rather than focusing on these issues which most Americans really don't care about, as citizens we should be demanding greater accountability of our politicians at all levels and all parties. Aren't you tired of working and paying taxes while those who supposed to be our civil "servants" misuse the confidence we invest in them? 9-1-1 cost our enemy less than $250,000 and we resonded with a $1 trillion war with the wrong country. Don't you think that this silliness deserves a greater response than party bias?

Old 02-17-2009, 08:48 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
RSISTRUN - You want most of America to actually pay attention to what the corporations and our government are doing with our money? So do I.

Anyone checked their privately invested retirement accounts recently? The missing money did not go to the government. It went to some very skilled theives.

Old 02-17-2009, 08:53 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,330,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Really totally irrelevant!]

The French did not want to go against Saddam because of all the money Saddam owed them! They knew they would not get their money back!
They also knew it would be an expensive mess that could bankrupt their country.

And you know what?
They were RIGHT.
Too bad we didn't listen to them.

Ken

Old 02-27-2009, 11:20 AM

91 posts, read 122,104 times
I don't blame you Bush has spoilt it for every new President.

Old 02-27-2009, 11:35 AM

302 posts, read 580,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylalou View Post
Well you have the choice of shaking in your boots for the next 8 years.

4 if we're lucky
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies