Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 09:33 AM

1 posts, read 374 times

Advertisements

One word for why they are doing this. Greed
When some people honestly think they should get 8.4 million dollars or 3.2million dollars or billions of dollars that’s greed. That’s the reason for all of our economic dilemmas you greed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2011, 09:42 AM

1,811 posts, read 1,209,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
How can a government dictate how much a person can make? I thought we lived in a "free" country but apparently we are becoming more of a utopic semi-communist regime where everybody is supposed "equal" even though reality tells us otherwise. Let's see, I work my ass off everyday to make my business work, yet, the Government wants to dictate how much I can earn, hmm, does that make any logical sense? On the other hand, some lowlife riff raff who decides to have 14 kids and does not even have a job is not only excused but fully supported by my hard earned tax dollars. Have we gone insane??
How DARE you work hard. Don't you know that because you are working so hard, hundreds of otherwise-industrious people are forced to be lazy. It is all your fault and you should, and will, be punished.

Old 05-09-2011, 09:50 AM

855 posts, read 1,172,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
How can a government dictate how much a person can make? I thought we lived in a "free" country but apparently we are becoming more of a utopic semi-communist regime where everybody is supposed "equal" even though reality tells us otherwise. Let's see, I work my ass off everyday to make my business work, yet, the Government wants to dictate how much I can earn, hmm, does that make any logical sense? On the other hand, some lowlife riff raff who decides to have 14 kids and does not even have a job is not only excused but fully supported by my hard earned tax dollars. Have we gone insane??

I'm confused...when did the government dictate how much a person can make? Before you jump off the bridge, can I get a link or some facts about what you're posting?

Old 05-09-2011, 09:53 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,308,171 times
If a company takes tax rebates, bailouts etc. etc., then way shouldn't the government attach strings?

Old 05-09-2011, 10:03 AM

11,755 posts, read 14,644,267 times
Quote:
Wage controls, followed soon by price controls, quickly coupled with protectionist policies.
So here we are, more than two years after this thread was started. I generally think people should look at the dates of the threads they're replying to, but since this is open again, maybe someone could point out the wage controls, price controls, and protectionist policies that President Obama has imposed.

Old 05-09-2011, 02:08 PM

7,214 posts, read 9,390,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
maybe someone could point out the wage controls, price controls, and protectionist policies that President Obama has imposed.
They can't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies