Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 07:43 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,426,246 times

Advertisements

Rush isn't as smart as Jim Jones.

The only good thing about Rush is its a red flag to me when I hear someone actually listens to him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2009, 08:25 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times
Rush Limbaugh is more like the Louie Anderson of the Republican Party but far less interesting.

Old 02-16-2009, 08:55 PM

26,206 posts, read 49,012,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Yes, Rush Limbaugh is a lot like Jim Jones. George Bush was a lot like Hitler. America treats its illegals just like the Nazis treated the Jews; and when I was 10 years old, my teacher was just like Atilla the Hun, and my father was the meanest man on earth....
Yeah, I'm from West Baltimore too.

Old 02-16-2009, 09:22 PM

1,833 posts, read 6,425,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Limbaugh is the reactionaries' big t*t to suck on, nurturing their daily dose of paranoia, narrow-mindedness and xenophobia.
No that would be Chris Matthews and Kieth Obermann.

Old 02-17-2009, 05:08 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscottscotto View Post
That's like saying conservatives hate Olbermann because he exposes the conservatives schemes and lies. Do you realize how rediculous that sounds?
Well, then, why do you hate Rush? There must be a reason. Spell it out. I think it's spelled, "c o n s e r v a t i v e" though.

The man has a great radio show, informative, with good commentary from a conservative perspective. Rush, Sean, Glenn Beck and the handful of other Conservative "talkers" provide the necessary balance to the leftist garbage that we get bombarded with everywhere else.

You don't like him for exactly the reason I mentioned, and for no other. That's why you refer to him as a "blowhard".

Liberals aren't satisfied to have an opposing point of view on the air. Especially someone with an audience the size of Rush's. They do not like the 1st Amendment if it means opposition to their agenda. This is why they want to shut down conservative talk radio, and they are going to try to do it. But any attemp they make to do so, I think will be there undoing.

Who is "Olbermann"? Perhaps a liberal "blowhard"? I don't know who "Olbermann" is. There is no one on any station in my area by that name.

Old 02-17-2009, 06:29 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,478,235 times
Quote:
Originally posted by nononsenseguy
The man has a great radio show, informative, with good commentary from a conservative perspective. Rush, Sean, Glenn Beck and the handful of other Conservative "talkers" provide the necessary balance to the leftist garbage that we get bombarded with everywhere else.
So the solution to left wing garbage is right wing garbage?

I don't know if I'm right on this, but it seems like there are two kinds of Conservatives: There are "thinking" conservatives, Like Will, the late William F. Buckley, and the National Review, who are able to philosophically articulate conservatism in a way that makes it look like a legitimate, intelligent ideology.

Then you have the "entertaining" conservatives, like Limbaugh, Hannity and the like. Who entertain and appeal to a lower audience. Limbaugh has some philosophical basis for his beliefs, but Hannity is just a living, breathing talking point for the GOP. He'd make a great propagandist for any third world dictatorship. I actually think their shows dumb down conservatism and make it look stupid when it isn't. I'll bet Hannity and Limbaugh have never actually read Adam Smith.

BTW nononsenseguy: Keith Olbermann is a liberal blowhard commentator on MSNBC. He's the left wing "entertaining" liberal just like Limbaugh is on the right.

Old 02-17-2009, 06:30 AM

2,541 posts, read 5,849,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
Soooo - you're saying that Jim Jones is better than Ted Kennedy???

Hmmm - I guess forcing hundreds into suicide is not as serious a transgression as being a liberal Democrat...
No. The original poster compared Rush to Jim Jones. As if Rush is some evil person like Jim Jones. I am saying that before you compare Rush to Jim Jones, you should consider the evil in their own party - Kennedy's homicide and Byrd's KKK membership. Rush is a talk show host and has yet to cast a vote on a law that affects anyone in this country. Kennedy and Byrd have been voting on laws for over 40 years....

Old 02-17-2009, 06:48 AM

1,048 posts, read 2,387,181 times
Rush really needs to step up and get a pair of those super-cool Jim Jones sunglasses, he truly does.

Old 02-17-2009, 11:15 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,179,956 times
Gotta give Rush credit when credit is due...recently, now that Bush is no longer president, Rush has discovered the concept of checks and balances. Slowly, he's learning.

Old 02-17-2009, 12:03 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,461,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seamusnh View Post
Deaths attributed to Rev. Jim Jones: 909
Deaths attributed to Ted Kennedy: 1
Deaths attibuted to Rush Limbaugh: 0

Looks like Kennedy has more in common with Reverend Jones than Limbaugh does....
Limpdick was a cheerleader for Iraq since Day one.....I'd put him ahead of Jim Jones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies