Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 08:43 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,040,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
???? How can you see nothing wrong with that????
Who is more of a threat to your civil liberty the deployed soldier in the area or the DOD clerk helping to provide on location logistics?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2009, 08:44 PM

3,150 posts, read 8,717,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Are you really afraid of DOD employees? Are they that threatening a group of government workers to you? Be careful that 60 year old about to retire is out to get us.
Don't be fooled, this is potentially very dangerous infrastructure being created.

Old 02-16-2009, 08:47 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,978,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalrap View Post
I knew it wouldn"t take long for someone to say "oh yeah, but Bush"

If you want to start a thread about all the bad things Bush did, start it, I might even add to your list. But this is not about Bush, try to get over it.
Yep I knew it....We have a real lover of civil liberties and government that stays out of people lives here with our thread starter....LOL

Bush...phshha! Start your own thread...this is about Obama's dirty deeds...no need to get all consistent and principled...LOL

Don't bother me when I'm trying to score political points..LOL

Old 02-16-2009, 08:49 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,316,979 times
Quote:
Didn't take him very long, is he expecting trouble?
I hope there is touble.
It pains me to think that Americans will just roll over for this "commie come lately".

Baraks brown shirts, goose stepping to a city near you.

Old 02-16-2009, 08:49 PM

You people are really hilarious, I mean flat out funny. Did anyone bother to read it and see at the beginning that it was a reissue of an existing policy? LOL the policy was first issued in 1992 and is the provision for allowing DOD employees to be assigned to site support outside of their designated job area. This is an updating and I provide you with the 1992 version. Man that Obama is something. He had this set up 17 years ago.
http://www.amc.army.mil/amc/pe/documents/d140410p.pdf

Again other then the fact it is Obama operating as your POTUS what is the issue?

Old 02-16-2009, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
Don't be fooled, this is potentially very dangerous infrastructure being created.
Being updated or having the language updated? Lurkers you decide if this is real or another smear smokescreen.

Old 02-16-2009, 08:54 PM

26,214 posts, read 49,044,521 times
Quote:
Didn't take him very long, is he expecting trouble?

http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/c...df/140410p.pdf
Total crap. We had this same sort of thing in the Army back during Desert Storm, some of my fellow civilians took a few days of classes and training up at Aberdeen Proving Grounds and then went over to Saudi Arabia to work in the rear area, in commo, IT, cargo opns, etc.

To call this "Obama's SS" is pure smoke blowing, a stupid accusation made by people who have no idea what they're talking about.

Old 02-16-2009, 08:59 PM

3,282 posts, read 5,202,213 times
Did anybody here(besides Tuborg) read beyond "DoD Civilian Expeditionary Force" up to:

Quote:
"Members of the DoD
Civilian Expeditionary Workforce shall be organized, trained, cleared, equipped, and ready to
deploy in support of combat operations by the military; contingencies; emergency operations;
humanitarian missions; disaster relief; restoration of order; drug interdiction; and stability
operations of the Department of Defense in accordance with DoDD 3000.05 (Reference (b))."
It sounds like normal DoD operations, only being performed by a volunteer group. It's like the Peace Corp only in support of the Army.

I think someone wants to believe later on that they were the ones who warned against "it" before "it" happened. Like a Winston Churchill to our Neville Chamberlain. But there'll be no such situation, disappointingly enough for them.

Old 02-16-2009, 09:01 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,231,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
It never fails...the fake conservatives dust off their Big Brother arguments as soon as Dems come to power....pretending to be faithful defenders of liberty...LOL

1) Where was the thread starter when Bush stationed active duty troops on US soil on permanent assignment for security purposes...violating the Posse Comitatus Act????...which basically lays the foundation for the President to have his own Praetorian Guard???

2) Where was the thread starter when Bush was wiretapping US citizens without judicial oversight???

3) Where was the thread starter when Bush held a US Citizen in prison for five years before he was put on trial???

I'll tell you where he was.....on these boards or maybe not....but likely not giving a tinker's damn about anything Bush did that took away Americans civil liberties.....cause Bush was such a great moral guy.
Cool, point taken. But doesn't mean we shouldn't take note when the great 'Bamaboozler sets up his own Gestapo. Unless, of course, you're a part of it.

Old 02-16-2009, 09:03 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,231,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
Lol.... conservatives suddienly are worried about what government is doing. Where have you been for the last eight years?
I've been doing the same complaining I've been doing for last forty years. Where you been?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies